Do Carlton have a first round plan?

Remove this Banner Ad

jacobs would be the best ruckman down at collingwood:thumbsu:

no doubt he would be our ruckman in the vfl team.. but even thre jarred blair might give him a run for his money.. with all due respect jacobs is worth a 4-5th rounder at best.. we arent melbourne..

Speculative pick + average footballer that would not be in our best 22 for a young player who could well be a star in a few seasons time.

So by the sounds of things you'd be supportive of WCE trading Nic Naitanui for Adam Bentick and pick 11 (if we weren't giving that pick up for McLean)

Shmuck.

Pick 7 has the midas touch, it's a sure thing. Pick 7 >>>> Yarran any year.

Teams in a win-now mode dont usually look trade into the first round unless the draft is unusually strong.

If the player they are looking to trade is worth a high pick then why would they trade them?

Gotta make the most of Judds prime.

nahhh, your right. Chris Bryan and Cameron Wood are stars;)

nobody said cameron wood was a star.. however, he is better than than jacobs... like bryan, another carlton reject, jacobs would be a starting vfl ruckman for us.. we have a weak enough ruck brigade as it is.. jacobs would only make it worse as he is worse than wood and fraser by quite a way.. if you guys like him so much offer everitt up for a swap for him and ther 3rd rounder...

As a guess I'd say the Blues are looking to offload picks to get experienced and ready to go players. Jacobs is a competitive player at AFL level from what I've seen of him. Don't think you'd get too much interest in him aside from a steak knives kinda of addition to a pick and/or player trade. Blues have a few rocks so I'd expect them to be actively shopping around Jacobs and Hampson. Not sure if you'll find a buyer and what you could expect to get. I guess the other option is to try to turn Hampson or Kreuzer into a KPF.

How can carlton fit Brock mclean and these other gun players on their list anyway. Are they breaching their salary cap again or just using pratts money?

Carlton have a minimum of 'gun' players in the 25-30 age group (the age group when players generally are on the highest contracts of their career). As a result we still have some room to manoeuvre within the salary cap.

With Judd's contract having been front-ended & Fev to go on the veterans' list in 2011, we will be able to accommodate the increased demands of Murphy, Gibbs, Kreuzer etc in the coming years.

Speculative pick + average footballer that would not be in our best 22 for a young player who could well be a star in a few seasons time.

So by the sounds of things you'd be supportive of WCE trading Nic Naitanui for Adam Bentick and pick 11 (if we weren't giving that pick up for McLean)

Shmuck.
Speculative pick for a speculative prospect.
Shmuck.

Carlton have a minimum of 'gun' players in the 25-30 age group (the age group when players generally are on the highest contracts of their career). As a result we still have some room to manoeuvre within the salary cap.

With Judd's contract having been front-ended & Fev to go on the veterans' list in 2011, we will be able to accommodate the increased demands of Murphy, Gibbs, Kreuzer etc in the coming years.

but not, apparently, if you don't get the ruling you need on Nick Stevens retirement payout. you must be reasonably close to the TPP limit if his wage becomes a problem.

unless player and club agree on it i believe?

this is a real grey area. i thought draftee's got two years, and that was rock solid with no outlet clause? but a few years back, essendon delisted Austin Lucy after one year. we had to include his second year wage in the salary cap (and presumably pay that amount to him). so i'm not sure what the deal is with trying to trade new draftee's. i tried to download the Collective bargaining agreement off the AFLPA site, but it froze up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

this is a real grey area. i thought draftee's got two years, and that was rock solid with no outlet clause? but a few years back, essendon delisted Austin Lucy after one year. we had to include his second year wage in the salary cap (and presumably pay that amount to him). so i'm not sure what the deal is with trying to trade new draftee's. i tried to download the Collective bargaining agreement off the AFLPA site, but it froze up.

2.6 When a first year Player is first listed by an AFL Club, that Player and the AFL
Club shall enter into a playing contract for a minimum term of two years except in
the case of a Player who has previously been listed as a Rookie at any AFL Club or
where the Player is over 23 years of age by 31 December in the year in which he is​
selected by a Club.

all i could find if someone wants to do more digging:
http://aflpa.com.au/sites/all/files/AFLPA_AFL_CBA_2007_2011_FINAL.pdf

Speculative pick for a speculative prospect.
Shmuck.

If you cannot see that Carlton have nothing to gain from that trade except for an extra player on their list then you have issues.

Leave it to Bay 13 - you wouldn't really want Yarran back if he was just a speculative prospect.

2.6 When a first year Player is first listed by an AFL Club, that Player and the AFL
Club shall enter into a playing contract for a minimum term of two years except in
the case of a Player who has previously been listed as a Rookie at any AFL Club or
where the Player is over 23 years of age by 31 December in the year in which he is
selected by a Club.

all i could find if someone wants to do more digging:
http://aflpa.com.au/sites/all/files/AFLPA_AFL_CBA_2007_2011_FINAL.pdf

Yes but if both parties agree, any contract can be torn up. So, yes, first year draftees can be traded if both parties agree.

I don't think Carlton's salary cap woes are too bad.

Stevens will most likely retire and Judds contract was front loaded and I think they get some guys going onto the vet's list. Everyone else is still young and not on their max contracts. They may have some issues in 3 years time, but they would consider their premiership window to be within this time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back