Coach Do you still have any faith in Bevo? [POLL]

Do you still believe he should coach this side?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Perhaps this question should be in the media thread (& forgive me if it's already been discussed), but has anyone noticed the change in 'Bevo's brief'? Now we are getting after match address to players. Wonder if this was to address the 'has Bevo lost the players' innuendo or is he sick of talking to supporters many of who are critical of him? I'd say former probably (and yes, I've been a critic but I actually think these new vids have eased my mind with any concern I had over player/coach dynamic).

Perhaps this question should be in the media thread (& forgive me if it's already been discussed), but has anyone noticed the change in 'Bevo's brief'? Now we are getting after match address to players. Wonder if this was to address the 'has Bevo lost the players' innuendo or is he sick of talking to supporters many of who are critical of him? I'd say former probably (and yes, I've been a critic but I actually think these new vids have eased my mind with any concern I had over player/coach dynamic).
I admittedly haven’t watched them in a while due to really not being worth the time and never getting anything of use out of them out of the same old cliches etc

What’s changed with the new ones?

I admittedly haven’t watched them in a while due to really not being worth the time and never getting anything of use out of them out of the same old cliches etc

What’s changed with the new ones?

No longer Bevo addressing supporters. They show him in the rooms with the players & addressing them post match. I would have a look. Very interesting & also funny to watch players mucking around.

No longer Bevo addressing supporters. They show him in the rooms with the players & addressing them post match. I would have a look. Very interesting & also funny to watch players mucking around.
Thanks. I'd stopped watching ages ago. I'll take a peek at the new format.

They’re hardly “We will fight them on the beaches” or “four score and seven years ago” material 😁

It is what it is. We have a list that probably could go for top 4 with the right coaching box. We probably lose to Freo, go 2-4, almost certainly miss top 4 which means almost certainly no flag...Most likely at best yet another scramble to finish 7th or 8th and out first week.

I don't think tonight's loss was catastrophic or anything, though it was concerning that Hinkley (of all coaches) found a way to smash us in clearances in the last quarter, but our extremely tough draw to start has exposed that we're pretty average.

Despite all the talk about how we were fixing our defensive woes from last season we may have gotten worse. Our forward line has no cohesion at all, if our forwards even had a chance with the way we deliver to them. The expectations were high and we sit at 2-3 and probably 2-4 after next weeks.

I think it's problematic to try and forget last season and look at only this season in isolation too, for the Bevo supporters. The issues we have now are ongoing or worsening from all of 2022. This shouldn't be 'just 5 weeks' or anything like that, it's been a hell of a lot longer.

I don't expect any changes until after the season, but so far it's a display of the coaches knowing the problem and being completely unable to fix it - hugely concerning. And again, not some overreaction to tonight's game, but I think those expectations we had preseason are lowered barring some miracle against Freo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a supporter it looks horrible having so many hacks in a team that is laden with so much talent. Football clubs suffer and suffer badly when they don’t know where they are at in the premiership race. I don’t believe we’ll ever win a flag with some of the hacks currently wearing our colours. This is a whole club, especially football department, vision issue. There are a lot of potentially great players playing in the VFL being kept out of the team by these mid to late 20’s hacks. If Bevo thinks he can win the flag every year so isn’t blooding these kids, it’s such a shame. Look at St Kilda and Essendon thus far.
Our president seems distracted at the moment, it is nearly decision time on Bevo and she has bigger personal ambitions. If she goes to the AFL, please don’t leave a mess for a future president to fix Kylie. This is a very crucial time for our club and our leaders, they have to be prepared to make the right and tough decisions very soon.

As a supporter it looks horrible having so many hacks in a team that is laden with so much talent. Football clubs suffer and suffer badly when they don’t know where they are at in the premiership race. I don’t believe we’ll ever win a flag with some of the hacks currently wearing our colours. This is a whole club, especially football department, vision issue. There are a lot of potentially great players playing in the VFL being kept out of the team by these mid to late 20’s hacks. If Bevo thinks he can win the flag every year so isn’t blooding these kids, it’s such a shame. Look at St Kilda and Essendon thus far.
Our president seems distracted at the moment, it is nearly decision time on Bevo and she has bigger personal ambitions. If she goes to the AFL, please don’t leave a mess for a future president to fix Kylie. This is a very crucial time for our club and our leaders, they have to be prepared to make the right and tough decisions very soon.
Darcy is a potentially great player, can't see too many other ones playing in the VFL. Who are they, you said there was a lot?

It is what it is. We have a list that probably could go for top 4 with the right coaching box. We probably lose to Freo, go 2-4, almost certainly miss top 4 which means almost certainly no flag...Most likely at best yet another scramble to finish 7th or 8th and out first week.

I don't think tonight's loss was catastrophic or anything, though it was concerning that Hinkley (of all coaches) found a way to smash us in clearances in the last quarter, but our extremely tough draw to start has exposed that we're pretty average.

Despite all the talk about how we were fixing our defensive woes from last season we may have gotten worse. Our forward line has no cohesion at all, if our forwards even had a chance with the way we deliver to them. The expectations were high and we sit at 2-3 and probably 2-4 after next weeks.

I think it's problematic to try and forget last season and look at only this season in isolation too, for the Bevo supporters. The issues we have now are ongoing or worsening from all of 2022. This shouldn't be 'just 5 weeks' or anything like that, it's been a hell of a lot longer.

I don't expect any changes until after the season, but so far it's a display of the coaches knowing the problem and being completely unable to fix it - hugely concerning. And again, not some overreaction to tonight's game, but I think those expectations we had preseason are lowered barring some miracle against Freo.
How do you rationalise a post like this after reading the thread by Dogwatch about our current list?

Our list is bog average apart from about 5 blokes.

Potentially there is a lot, but we won’t know if we don’t play them. Or they leave.
And if we do play them and they don't immediately step up too many here and on other social media then complain about them getting the opportunity.

The only ones who genuinely could make a difference are the last 2 years draftees. The rest will be no more than marginally better than those posters are complaining about

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

How do you rationalise a post like this after reading the thread by Dogwatch about our current list?

As always over rate our list and potential. Most supporters do. Our pace and ball use are significant weaknesses

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Which teams have more than 5-7 A graders? We have a good mix of forwards, mids, ruck and attacking defenders - arguably the best positions to have A graders. woudlnt mind an A grade key defender tho.

We fall down a bit in the B department. But overall, we are fielding a decent 22 with a solid structure. We are underperfoming for sure.

As for what the team will look like in 3 years, well.. lets hope we have a warchest for some trades before our midfield falls off a cliff

Thanks. I'd stopped watching ages ago. I'll take a peek at the new format.

Naah, it was the usual Bevo addressing the camera. Previous week must have been a one-off.

Back