Coach Do you still have any faith in Bevo? [POLL]

Do you still believe he should coach this side?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Unless something seriously drastic happens between now and end of season, or Bevo himself steps down, the board/president will not be moving him on this year, that you can put your money on, won't reveal my source but a fellow poster on here can back up this claim.

What it sounds like they'll be doing is completely changing the structure around him, assistant coaches and football department personal.

So start your speculation on who you'd like to get in as an assistant because that seems like the goal of this off season.
This should of occurred last off season though, was obvious

Unless something seriously drastic happens between now and end of season, or Bevo himself steps down, the board/president will not be moving him on this year, that you can put your money on, won't reveal my source but a fellow poster on here can back up this claim.

What it sounds like they'll be doing is completely changing the structure around him, assistant coaches and football department personal.

So start your speculation on who you'd like to get in as an assistant because that seems like the goal of this off season.
Swear we heard this from the club last year

Luke Darcy and the board should do all they can to get Joel Selwood there as an assistant for r any role he wants, I know it would be difficult but we are the closest club, besides Geelong, from Barwon Heads, and we desperately need some mongrel in our players. Nathan Buckley as well. And maybe Jordan Lewis?
I'd love to have Matthew Boyd back at the club.

It doesn't matter who the assistant coaches are if they don't have any control. Spangher might be a forward 50 savant but doesn't have any control of the overall planning. It's also impossible to know whether an assistant is any good from the outside, coaches such as Neeld and McCartney were once viewed as genius assistant coaches crucial in their clubs premierships.

It is an interesting narrative as to whether it is Bevo, the coaching group as a whole or players.

What I will say is it is likely all of them.

Whilst we have improved our full ground defence we still have issue defending to high when conditions do not suit, locking down on dangerous opposition players, defending from our forward line all examples that should have been addressed throughout the pre season.

Our ball movement forward is crab like at best.

There have also been too many examples of poor game day adjustments, Lobb back and not having Duryae lock down on Greene last week.

However, too many times it is our leading players who are involved in the massive swings in too many games that have cost us, particularly in the last 2 years.

We focus here on those basically playing at the top of their talent for there areas but go back over the last 2 years when there have been massive swings against us and Bont, Naughton or Jamarra have missed simple goals when we are in control or have an opportunity to rest back control of a game. Then keep in mind how much we actually lose those games by.

How many goals has Dale given away with either poor turnovers or poor decision making either kicking out or exiting our backline.

None of the above relates to coaching, it is simple player error.

We clearly need a refresh of our coaching panel. Many thought we needed it last year and were informed a review was happening. Given the lack of Feedback to members and the results one could easily say it was a very underwhelming review and actions and one I find much more disappointing than re contracting Bev as extra support was promised but clearly not delivered

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

They beat their chest last year saying they had already done this bringing in Lade as a senior assistant.

They also offered unders to potential assistants who wanted to come across.

Do we know who those potentials might have been?

Cam Bruce wanted to coach our midfield. Our offer wasn’t competitive to the point Bruce took an offer with Brisbane even though it meant relocating his family.

We then gave the role to Webb.
So why are we paying peanuts when we’re so light on for high end assistants? Whats the actual issue here when we’re all working with the same soft cap?

Just doesn’t make any sense

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cam Bruce wanted to coach our midfield. Our offer wasn’t competitive to the point Bruce took an offer with Brisbane even though it meant relocating his family.

I haven’t spoken to Bruce since he was in high school. He was a very well prepared boy and expected him to become a great coach one day.

Something severely wrong with our club IF we missed out on Bruce.

So why are we paying peanuts when we’re so light on for high end assistants? Whats the actual issue here when we’re all working with the same soft cap?

Just doesn’t make any sense
Bevos contract = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I wouldn't give two shits if we went over the softcap for one, even two years, to put together a team and gameplan to get us back on track and in the top 4, we have the money, just do it.

If true, our board is completely failing the list we have. I don’t know who is on the board, but if they don’t have a sense of history about the Footscray Football Club and VFL/AFL in general they don’t belong there. How could you reject someone so much more qualified over a rookie coach to save a few pennys’s when we have THE most talented list ever assembled at the Western Oval. Especially when our head coach is paid way overs by all reports. No only do you miss out on Bruce, you miss out on his authority to question Bevo. This is where the club is failing. Geelong FC would never make such a terrible decision. This is throwing away our potential because of poor governance, especially the Luke Darcy, Chris Grant Luke Beverage love triangle, and head coaches ego.

If true, our board is completely failing the list we have. I don’t know who is on the board, but if they don’t have a sense of history about the Footscray Football Club and VFL/AFL in general they don’t belong there. How could you reject someone so much more qualified over a rookie coach to save a few pennys’s when we have THE most talented list ever assembled at the Western Oval. Especially when our head coach is paid way overs by all reports. No only do you miss out on Bruce, you miss out on his authority to question Bevo. This is where the club is failing. Geelong FC would never make such a terrible decision. This is throwing away our potential because of poor governance, especially the Luke Darcy, Chris Grant Luke Beverage love triangle, and head coaches ego.
President: Kylie Watson-Wheeler
Current: Walt Disney Aus 19 years in various roles - Western Bulldogs board since 2014
Previous: Hallmark Cards 8 years,
No prior football / AFL experience

CEO: Ameet Bains
Current: WB CEO since 2017
Previous: CEO StKilda
AFL experience: WB + StK, played at lower league levels in his younger years

Non-executive member: Fiona McGauchie
Current: Egon Zehnder International(14 years) Malthouse Theatre(6years) WB Board member (8 years)

Board director: Jerril Rechter
Current: Walt Disney Aus (1 year) - WB Community Foundation (6 years) - Board director (6 years)

Director: Mark Evans
Current: HEAL partners (3years) Normanby Capital (18 years) Removery (5years) The Fertility Partners (3 years) Edge Early Learning (6years) WB Director (8 years 3 months) Higher Ground Education (2 years)
(God this guy must never sleep)

Board member: Chris Nolan
Doesn't actually list WB on his Linkdin
Current: Principle Media Group (5 years) OSQO Limited (5 years) WTFN (2 years)

Non-Executive Director: Levent Shevki
Current: Western United Football Club (5 years) WB (10 years) Cornwalls Capital (11 years) Cornwalls (24 years) Twenty3 (15 years)

Board member: Belinda Duarte
Current: (Doesn't list WB anywhere on her Linkedin but only on her Instagram) - Culture is Life (7years) Korin Gamadji Institute (5 years)

Board member: Lisa Fitzpatrick
Current: Very hard to find any info on her online, all I could dig up was her write up when she joined in 2019
''Lisa has been Secretary at the Australian Nursing and Midwifery Federation since 2001, and until recently has been a Trustee Director of First State Superannuation Fund. Lisa was President of the Victorian Trades Hall Council from 2014-16 and an executive member of the Australian Council of Trade Unions and the Victorian Trades Hall Council. In all of those roles, she has had responsibility for high level negotiations including with Government. Lisa is the sister of Adrian Fitzpatrick who served the Club for seven years as finance director after the 1989 fightback, and who still serves as finance director on the Club’s Community Foundation''

Board member: Luke Darcy
I don't even need to tell you or write about Darcy.

Short of Ameet and Darcy we have a serious serious lack of football experience / brains anywhere around our board. I understand 100% we need business minded people to help run the club but god having a few more people with some football smarts / experience wouldn't be a bad thing either.

I seriously wonder how some of these board members have time to look at the club when they're juggling 10 other companies in various director/board/ceo roles.

Back