Coach Do you still have any faith in Bevo? [POLL]

Do you still believe he should coach this side?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

A good image of what I'm told WO offices were like today...

recap events GIF

Can't leave us hanging like that
Very late in the day and I like to confirm things with other sources before I potentially s**t my name up on here by dropping some dubious information. Hopefully will have more tomorrow when people wake up.

Ameet is going ham behind the scenes, as it's just been told to me, he wants Bevo gone as soon as the season is over. This would be a huge backflip from a month ago where the news behind the scenes was ''Bevo's job was the safest in football'', hence why I'm trying to get some others to confirm. Smiley Boy might be able to weigh in a bit here.

Deadset better be. I'm seeing a bit of unease from fans and we're now in the media blowtorch range.
As always though, if we flick incumbent coach, we need to be guaranteed there's a candidate out there who can do a better job. That's the iffy part for mine. I'm coming round to the idea of Bevo being a Hinkley type coach and getting lots if support around him, particularly tactically on gameday. Anywho, at least the loss put a rocket up the club it seems.

Last edited:
Very late in the day and I like to confirm things with other sources before I potentially s**t my name up on here by dropping some dubious information. Hopefully will have more tomorrow when people wake up.

Ameet is going ham behind the scenes, as it's just been told to me, he wants Bevo gone as soon as the season is over. This would be a huge backflip from a month ago where the news behind the scenes was ''Bevo's job was the safest in football'', hence why I'm trying to get some others to confirm. Smiley Boy might be able to weigh in a bit here.
Thanks. I agree 100% it's worth taking your time to confirm things. Your mail has been pretty good so far.

Appreciate your sharing it with us.

After review not at the point I want Him gone but we need change, we need better assistance in the coaches box and admin. However lets also be honest some players need to seriously pull their fingers out and get hungry bc the only people I genuinely see having a crack week in week out are Bont, Libba and Naughton, the rest look like they are there to collect a pay check which sends me up the *in wall.

The market for coaches isn't that great atm. I'd clear out spangher and Webb and hire 2 new assistants one of Erich is groomed to take over. Maybe a home coming for Gia. Some of the comments on here are frankly embarrassing. Show some respect for the bloke he bleeds red white and blue

The market for coaches isn't that great atm. I'd clear out spangher and Webb and hire 2 new assistants one of Erich is groomed to take over. Maybe a home coming for Gia. Some of the comments on here are frankly embarrassing. Show some respect for the bloke he bleeds red white and blue

Mate we all love the man to death, but we need what’s best for the club.

If what BulldogMuscle has said is true, thank * they have worked out that this bloke just isn't the right fit anymore, wish they'd do it this week and appoint a caretaker in for the last two rounds (I'm sure they would of if we were mathematically out of it but oh well) it sucks I'll have a soft spot for him due to 2016 and parts of 21 but he got given way too much control of the footy club's operations and we need to get some order in the place again.

I think you need to look no further than the AFLCA assistant coach of the year award. Of the last 10 winners (9 unique since Rhyce Shaw won twice), 2 are current senior coaches (McRae and Kingsley), 2 are ex senior coaches (Dew and Shaw), and the rest have either been caretaker senior coach or are consistently brought up in discussions for senior coach searches.

Troy Chaplin is one I can see securing a role in the next year or two

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If this is true, then there’s no turning back. The club can’t ignore this type of unrest and continue on as it has.

Wouldn’t mind the s**t hitting the fan behind the scenes as it was looking less likely we were going to see a decent review happen considering there was one last off season that yielded almost no returns. At least this way the clubs hand is forced. Or at least it should be. Would be farcical if nothing came if it.

Looking forward to hearing more today.

Bevo’s match day coaching this season has been little league standard. Has cost us 5 wins with his inability or stubbornness reluctance to locked players having blinders against us. Tim taking the last kick just topped it off. Would be interesting to see where Bont fits in here. He is looking very frustrated these days.I have never been this disillusioned and do not care if we win or lose anymore.-

If they said to him ‘win a final this year or we’ll move you on’ I bet we’d see some genuine change. I.e decide to tag guys like Newcombe. Instead we keep getting the same result.

Others with better info may be able to confirm/ dismiss but I’ve heard Rohan Smith is a chance to walk this week.

The longer they've waited the bigger the tumor has got.

It didn't have to be a crisis, just decisive, confident action. Instead the Club has let Bevo fester.

It gets ugly from here.
Correct. Jeff Kennet and his board could see where Clarko was taking Hawthorn. He had 4 flags to his name, seemed untouchable. But they held their nerve and did the right thing for their club. They copped a fair bit of heat from the media, Gerard Whately and Caro etc. “you can’t sack a premiership coach blah blah blah” But they had/have a vision of excellence and you can see where they are heading.

If they said to him ‘win a final this year or we’ll move you on’ I bet we’d see some genuine change. I.e decide to tag guys like Newcombe. Instead we keep getting the same result.

Others with better info may be able to confirm/ dismiss but I’ve heard Rohan Smith is a chance to walk this week.
That would be piss weak from Rohan if he were doing this as a protest over not being renewed?

I'd be surprised if they cut him loose before end of season - would only give media (particularly 'Dog haters) a scandal to go berko over. Then again, they probably will anyway with headlines like "premiership coach sacked", "2 year extension paid out by struggling club" etc etc.

I doubt Smith will walk unless he's not confident Bevo will be given his marching orders as well...

I'd be surprised if they cut him loose before end of season - would only give media (particularly 'Dog haters) a scandal to go berko over. Then again, they probably will anyway with headlines like "premiership coach sacked", "2 year extension paid out by struggling club" etc etc.

I doubt Smith will walk unless he's not confident Bevo will be given his marching orders as well...
Has he now nearly finished one of those two years? Was next year his last? They only need to pay out six month anyway these days.
Bevo went back to work at the Tax Department after his stint at Collingwood so he wouldn’t lose his Superannuation, so he sounds like he is savvy in this regard.

Can’t imagine anything happening until our year is officially over

Why haven’t we sacked him yet?
FFS Dogs, what’s it going to take?

sack him today, male spangher an interim coach, finish 8th and win the flag from there.
best case scenario

Back