Coach Do you still have any faith in Bevo? [POLL]

Do you still believe he should coach this side?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s almost impossible to do what we’ve done. We’ve lost to two bottom 3 sides in back to back weeks with finals on the line. We’ve had 1 or 2 best 22 players missing each week.

Bevo has completely and utterly lost the playing group. The list is average but it’s still a 6-10 list at worst. The coaching, structure, effort and intensity is bottom 4 standard.

Sam Power can take Grant’s job. Everyone else can go

Power is a flog!
Bains who?
KWW
Full of no leadership!
Bevo small man’s
Too many internal cover ups

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Hoping this pushes Bevo to resign. Don't think the board will be brave enough to sack him. The only defense Bevo has is he's got barely a coaching panel that are capable of helping him like Chris Scott does at cats and you saw with those changes the cats did last year that it helped him a lot to win that premiership.

Unfortunately, it is clear as day that this team needs some fresh voices, and a fresh game plan. They are mentally shot, and their skill levels just keep regressing each week.

You might be lucky to get the odd Clarko, or Scott. Or get lucky like Hardwick and pull three flags out your ass when on the verge of being sacked. But for the most part, I believe no coach should coach more than 10 years. Eventually the message and game plan becomes stale.

We have never made top four. Our players kicking skills, decision making, and general confidence have gotten worse and worse. The team lacks an on field identity in which they way they play. We have not adapted to the modern game.

Need to recruit an EXPERIENCED and well reputed coaching staff. Stop being the club where line coaches go to be freaking apprentices, stop being tight asses with the soft cap.

DON'T hire former Bulldogs like Cameron, or Boyd etc. Need to avoid the risk of mates, bros and boys club.

Bains and Wheeler need to grow a spine and make some hard calls in the off-season. Also walk out our head of fitness, we look slow and run out of puff after half time every week. Remove any staff whom seem to have egos like Grant.

Also whoever has made calls on trading for other teams fringe players, and drafting VFL players needs to walk. Our depth is horrid.

Blow the place up with dynamite, and start fresh.

Last edited:
Hoping this pushes Bevo to resign. Don't think the board will be brave enough to sack him. The only defense Bevo has is he's got barely a coaching panel that are capable of helping him like Chris Scott does at cats and you saw with those changes the cats did last year that it helped him a lot to win that premiership.
Because no one wants to *ing work with him cos he’s a flog.

Honestly can you imagine working under this dull campaigner? Could not pay me enough

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the underlying problem is that Bevos coaching contract is very high in $ and it means we don't have lots of $ left ih the football department cap left to pay for decent assistance coaches

On CPH2305 using BigFooty.com mobile app
That's not right. You can pay them out but you have to pay a higher tax to AFL.
This is the West Coast issue, the cost of replacing Simmo with the tax and new coach is around 6 mill.
I figure Bevo would be similar. Difference is WC can afford it. We can't.

I could have sworn a few years back he was quoted as saying that a coach's voice has a use by date and that it is around seven years. I can't find any articles containing it though, am I imagining it?

He said it, but the number he gave was 5 years :)

I can't find the article anywhere online but many of us remember him saying it and I don't think it's a shared hallucination.

He said it, but the number he gave was 5 years :)

I can't find the article anywhere online but many of us remember him saying it and I don't think it's a shared hallucination.
I'm pretty sure it was either his very first press conference or one of the first few at least. Definitely a real thing.

I mentioned in a previous post that I expect making the finals this year is a KPI in his contract. Given that, a win against Geelong next week can satisfy that condition. So, the club won't act this week.
However, win or lose, his position is now untenable.

I knew when my time was up when I was a teacher. I had lost"the vibe."

Sadly, the time is up for Bevo from what I saw today.

On SM-A135F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back