Coach Do you still have any faith in Bevo? [POLL]

Do you still believe he should coach this side?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t want it to get to the stage where I resent one of the best coaches we have ever had.

I don’t want him sacked, but if he doesn’t do the right thing and walk away, we simply have to make that call. We can’t just sleep walk to the end of his contract and make it so it’s “we just aren’t extending his contract” just so save the shame of sacking a premiership coach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd had enough of Bevo since 2019. I have felt your pain.

Sometimes for me it feels like I'm arguing with Flat Earth believers.

Now, I just feel numb because the time to have had the review and coaching shake up was 2018-19.

Best case scenario is Bevo's resignation at the end of this season. Then for whoever comes in, it will take at least 2 years to right the ship and by that time our star midfielders will be cooked.

Might as well start playing/planning for this reality now.

I think we already are - Baz is 100% gone IMO and we are starting to play kids - our list isn’t the bohemouth that the media and some on here think it is. It sucks. Our mids are old, those coming through are average or not experienced enough through no fault of their own other than being on a list with the kids we have - defence is inexperienced - we are cooked

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

We're now paying the price for paying top dollar (picks wise) for JUH, Darcy, Lobb and Croft with almost no decent 2nd and 3rd rounders in over the past 3 years. Not saying those drafted won't be good players but right now there's a hole between our top end talent and our bottom 10.

The thing where Bevo has lost me though is how many of our players have regressed or plateaud over the last 2 years and not due to age - Daniel, JJ, VDM, English amongst others. Instead of having 2nd rounders, we've brought in Baker, Bramble and Poulter, all discarded by their clubs. Lobb and Harmes might join them.

If there was a poll on who is further away from winning a flag it has to be the dogs. We have not even started a rebuild yet, need to appoint a new coach and as it stands at the moment, we have no first-round pick. Not sure what we do with Daniel, Macrae and Lobb probably third rounder plus pay some of their salary. Smith looks gone and longer it goes and the worst we get English maybe looking elsewhere and get out of this rabble although they are part of the reason for the rabble with their inconsistent performances.

It is often said it is never as good as looks and it is never as bad either. Well excuse the grammar but it could not get much badder. In Rex terms we are lower than shark droppings, if this sounds like pessimistic dog rather optimistic dogs username so be it. I believe it is just realistic dog.

Last edited:
If there was a poll on who is further away from winning a flag it has to the dogs. We have not even started a rebuild yet, need to appoint a new coach and as it stands at the moment, we have no first-round pick. Not sure want we do with Daniel, Macrae and Lobb probably third rounder plus pay some of their salary. Smith looks gone and longer it goes and the worst we get English and Marra maybe looking elsewhere and get out of this rabble although they are part of the reason for the rabble with their inconsistent performances.

It is often said it is never as good as looks and it is never as bad either. Well excuse the grammar but it could not get much badder. In Rex terms we are lower than shark droppings, if this sounds like pessimistic dog rather optimistic dogs username so be it. I believe it is just realistic dog.
I still have more faith in the dogs then I do North, not that they set a very high bar but I'd much prefer to start with a young start studded spine then a team full of young quality mids.

We don't need a rebuild. We need a different defensive system other than everybody run to D50 and guard a piece of grass. We need a different attacking system other than chip-chip-chip-chip to the wing and then kick long and high into F50. We need a different setup other than always giving up an opposition loose defender while playing an extra around the stoppage. We are so predictable and have been using the same game plan for so many years after it was past its used-by-date.

fire Bevo by all means, but please don’t have any expectations that we are going places with the list in the shape it is.
I don't think firing bevo and paying him out is going to change anything this year. The horse has bolted and even if we magically get to play in September it won't be for long so how do we move towards the enviable, pass the baton and reboot the recruiting program. I was so happy to see us win the big one and Bevo was a key part of that and I believe we need to treat him with the respect he deserves and to keep him part of the fold. It's time that the board do board things and move forward gracefully on both sides.

Back