No Oppo Supporters Double-Death-Riding Carlton 2019 Edition - Currently Pick 1 and 19

What month will Bolton be sacked?

• April

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • May

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • June

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • July

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • August

• September

• He won't get the sack this year

Votes: 22 78.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be this blunt

Port would pull this move off and have regularly done so, it is up to us to not be discreet and jump out into the market place with both boots
You mean a bit like North Melbourne did earlier this year?

Interesting as I have an AFL membership with Adelaide Club support and an SMA membership. I was not going to renew the AFL membership and just purchase one of those GF packages early in the year and onsell it if we don’t make it.

Do you know where the seat was at the G?
Mine were top tier of the Northern Stand....but if you get in early you can get packages with cat 4, 5 or 6 seats...about $200 difference between the categories. Was nerve racking wondering if id be able to get the money back or not. Once Collingwood and a well supported interstate club made it i knew it would be ok. They tend to sell out by mid year....i bought just before the Showdown loss in Mid May....should have waited till the GWS game a few weeks later.
If the team is top 4 in mid June its wise to snap up a ticket then....they were sold out by early July from memory.

Entirely possible. And your thoughts on Carltons finishing position?

Don't think we will win the spoon again ….. 16th?? ish .. optimistic 14th ...

While clubs like the Demons had AFL help, it is about the right people and processes, Roos struggled for wins while they hit the draft/trade/FA aggressively. Demons were criticised for culling so hard and having too young a side, how quickly that thought process changed. Lions again got the right people and processes

We don't need AFL assistance, nor will the AFL need to poach a coach or GM, as we now have the right people at the club, if you really feel strongly about this point, happy to have a wager with you. You are just another win/loss analyst, that doesn't dig deep enough into what has been added, for the long term strategy, rather than the quick fixes of the past

So you're telling me that you are on the right track but have nothing to show for it? Uh-huh. Sounds like some serious snake oil that you're peddling. Even if you have a long term plan, you would also have short term goals/targets which would tell you if it is time to panic, or stay the course. One of them (and a big one if you're actually serious about this rebuild, and this is not a * around attempt for people to keep a job for 2-3 more years) is results, as that is the only way to actually measure the successful of a rebuild. Any other metric is just nicely spun bullshit, nothing more. That's before factoring you've just made up complaints others had from thin air seeing I can just about guarantee you that no one complained that a very s**t side which is rooted to the bottom culled too hard (and if anyone did, they're safe to ignore because they're brain dead). Like with Melbourne/Brisbane, no one is complaining you've culled, it's a necessity of your position. The complaint is you've had three years with this rebuilt and have gone backwards, and not only that, to a very similar point to Melbourne under Neale.

This comes back to this is just an incredibly dishonest argument line, not just to me, but to yourself. A natural progression once you begin to ignore hard facts, and short term goals to justify the quality, and likelihood of success for a long term plan. I can tell you right now the statement that you have the right people at the club is completely wrong, why? Because you don't have a season like what you did last if you did have the right people in place. Last season tells us you have the wrong people on and off-field. Considering how valuable structure (and believe me, another argument I don't buy is it takes 3 years to learn it, more a preseason) is to success, especially once you're in the bottom 4 as this is really the point of difference, if you had it right there you'd inevitably be around the same mark as Saints/Freo just because you'd pick up those extra couple of wins against equivalent match-ups, especially against weaker interstate teams. Now there may be a couple who can be salvaged (Teague for instance), but you needed to gut the off field part at a minimum. Something you didn't do. You also argued some bs about list stability, but then the argument becomes why are you trading in trash on the regular? and why aren't your kids overtaking them so their losses aren't felt outside of a bit of depth (in name only, I certainly don't buy the argument that a club should target poor mature players just because, that's called wasting your time)? Again, that is indicative of you don't have the right people in place, especially factoring the dross your replacing should be easily achieved.

You needing AFL assistance (well more seeing mature age draft picks), and getting it right now has an air of inevitability about it. Will probably be a new coach when you finally pull the trigger on getting rid of Bolton. When the AFL gives that to you (precedent is there unfortunately) i'll inevitability melt about it but that's because I don't believe clubs should get any external help, and if they're stuck to the bottom for two decades due to incompetence, well so be it.

Don't think we will win the spoon again ….. 16th?? ish .. optimistic 14th ...

16th is optimistic. 14th is a drug induced hallucination.

Really, you're a very good shot to win the spoon again. All depends on Dew though, and if he can get Gold Coast structurally ticking. He does that and you'll be last by a couple of games as Bolton has shown he can't manage that feat. Saints are a potential wildcard though.

Last edited:
I remember a coach at a sporting club in Adelaide who were down the bottom of the table telling me that they were making some progress.

"There's no light at the end of the tunnel yet, but we've found the tunnel!" he announced with enthusiasm.

Fast forward a few years... they're about to win back-to-back wooden spoons.

It's interesting that Carlton have stunk for years but their fans are overwhelmingly positive and optimistic about their future.

Whereas we've been a regular finalist yet are all negative and want half the staff sacked, players delisted.

It's interesting that Carlton have stunk for years but their fans are overwhelmingly positive and optimistic about their future.

Whereas we've been a regular finalist yet are all negative and want half the staff sacked, players delisted.

I'm guessing it's at the point the only way they could cling to support is through blind optimism. Equally, I suppose being very close a few times and shooting yourself in the foot every time also has a habit of making a supporter base quite negative.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think I made it clear, that I would rather have healthy debates/discussions around football, rather than entertaining posters that prefer to play the poster

Actually I think you’re so, so, so desperate for someone to talk to, anyone, you’ll say any old nonsense.

Or maybe the nonsense comes out because you don’t have anything to say, but desperately need the attention?

Hard to say :)

Think I made it clear, that I would rather have healthy debates/discussions around football, rather than entertaining posters that prefer to play the poster
Has it been made clear to you that we are over your repetitive posting? You’ve been banned from threads FFS, how many more clues do you need?

I remember a coach at a sporting club in Adelaide who were down the bottom of the table telling me that they were making some progress.

"There's no light at the end of the tunnel yet, but we've found the tunnel!" he announced with enthusiasm.

Fast forward a few years... they're about to win back-to-back wooden spoons.

Yeah but this year, the way they won the spoon has inspired the whole club that they have turned the corner

So you're telling me that you are on the right track but have nothing to show for it? Uh-huh. Sounds like some serious snake oil that you're peddling. Even if you have a long term plan, you would also have short term goals/targets which would tell you if it is time to panic, or stay the course. One of them (and a big one if you're actually serious about this rebuild, and this is not a **** around attempt for people to keep a job for 2-3 more years) is results, as that is the only way to actually measure the successful of a rebuild. Any other metric is just nicely spun bullshit, nothing more. That's before factoring you've just made up complaints others had from thin air seeing I can just about guarantee you that no one complained that a very s**t side which is rooted to the bottom culled too hard (and if anyone did, they're safe to ignore because they're brain dead). Like with Melbourne/Brisbane, no one is complaining you've culled, it's a necessity of your position. The complaint is you've had three years with this rebuilt and have gone backwards, and not only that, to a very similar point to Melbourne under Neale.

This comes back to this is just an incredibly dishonest argument line, not just to me, but to yourself. A natural progression once you begin to ignore hard facts, and short term goals to justify the quality, and likelihood of success for a long term plan. I can tell you right now the statement that you have the right people at the club is completely wrong, why? Because you don't have a season like what you did last if you did have the right people in place. Last season tells us you have the wrong people on and off-field. Considering how valuable structure (and believe me, another argument I don't buy is it takes 3 years to learn it, more a preseason) is to success, especially once you're in the bottom 4 as this is really the point of difference, if you had it right there you'd inevitably be around the same mark as Saints/Freo just because you'd pick up those extra couple of wins against equivalent match-ups, especially against weaker interstate teams. Now there may be a couple who can be salvaged (Teague for instance), but you needed to gut the off field part at a minimum. Something you didn't do. You also argued some bs about list stability, but then the argument becomes why are you trading in trash on the regular? and why aren't your kids overtaking them so their losses aren't felt outside of a bit of depth (in name only, I certainly don't buy the argument that a club should target poor mature players just because, that's called wasting your time)? Again, that is indicative of you don't have the right people in place, especially factoring the dross your replacing should be easily achieved.

You needing AFL assistance (well more seeing mature age draft picks), and getting it right now has an air of inevitability about it. Will probably be a new coach when you finally pull the trigger on getting rid of Bolton. When the AFL gives that to you (precedent is there unfortunately) i'll inevitability melt about it but that's because I don't believe clubs should get any external help, and if they're stuck to the bottom for two decades due to incompetence, well so be it.

I think we are just rehashing the same opinions, perhaps we can review it together come the end of the year. What I will say, for the second time more bluntly, if you still strongly believe that the AFL will install a new coach/GM at our club, put your money where your mouth is, as I am happy to take that wager

If you don't want to debate football matters, I have no idea why you keep reply to my posts. Now, I am happy to move on
Top contributor to this thread? Arrow with 149, me? 40. That suggests I don’t keep replying to your posts.

Your post count doesn’t even take into account the other threads you tried to infest. It’s been 3 weeks since the draft and you’ve already repeated yourself 149 times. Is it any wonder I’m trying to shoo you away?

I do hope though you do as you say and move on.

Top contributor to this thread? Arrow with 149, me? 40. That suggests I don’t keep replying to your posts.

Your post count doesn’t even take into account the other threads you tried to infest. It’s been 3 weeks since the draft and you’ve already repeated yourself 149 times. Is it any wonder I’m trying to shoo you away?

I do hope though you do as you say and move on.

I will move on, but let's be clear, the post in another thread was a mistake on my behalf, which I acknowledged and not an attempt to "infest"

Staggering really, that many of your own supporters freely share their opinions and it is called a debate, when opposition supporters share similar views, it is called trolling. This is a football forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back