List Mgmt. Draft Needs 2018 : Rankine/Lukosius/Rozee/Hately etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damm, lucky he won as he tore the hamstring from the bone on the finish line.

#TrueStory
Year out of football I heard. Matty Liptak is gonna take a look at it and give him a certificate to take to draft camp

I’ve heard, it’s that bad he seriously considered consulting Dr Quinn, Medicine Women
Its that bad marty wants us to ignore Liptaks advice and draft him ahead of a fit kid

Someone tell this kid to slow down! Gotta have a real mediocre season in ‘18 please.

44a8ec7de5d45ada204423429dae039a.jpg
Rumour is (which I've just made up), he is considering taking up athletics full time. Doesn't have the passion for AFL anymore. Best not to risk a top 10 pick on him

Mihail Lochowiak from our NGA could be a steal. Was a star at u16 championships level (named in the best in every game) in 2016, won a premiership at Sturt in the u18s and is apart of the u18 state program this year. Hes a good size at 185 cm, 80 kg and plays through the midfield and off half back. His brother Anzac is also a handy little footballer in the u16s.

Mihail Lochowiak from our NGA could be a steal. Was a star at u16 championships level (named in the best in every game) in 2016, won a premiership at Sturt in the u18s and is apart of the u18 state program this year. Hes a good size at 185 cm, 80 kg and plays through the midfield and off half back. His brother Anzac is also a handy little footballer in the u16s.
The Pies or the Bombers can have his brother, I reckon

Has anyone seem much of these kids at this stage? What sort of players are they?

I saw Lukosius play in the prelim - which I am not going to read much into given he was a skinny 17 year old playing in his first senior SANFL game. Hearing him speak though he said his biggest strengths are his field kicking and uncontested possessions. Not that this is necessarily a bad thing, but it does sound more like Jack Watts than Jonathon Brown to me.

Has anyone seem much of these kids at this stage? What sort of players are they?

I saw Lukosius play in the prelim - which I am not going to read much into given he was a skinny 17 year old playing in his first senior SANFL game. Hearing him speak though he said his biggest strengths are his field kicking and uncontested possessions. Not that this is necessarily a bad thing, but it does sound more like Jack Watts than Jonathon Brown to me.
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/40-prospects-to-watch-in-2018.1185932/
I wrote a summary on all of the top SA boys in my top 40 players to watch in 2018.

He has a high work rate game - can get up and back and get separation . He's a beautiful kick and highly skilled and a good height

He's very young so playing league footy or even U18 nationals he's not going to go out there and physically dominate with contested marks . That part of his game can grow

4 goals on debut in a league prelim is huge , you saw what his strengths are that day no doubt

Won't surprise me to see him go pick 1

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He has a high work rate game - can get up and back and get separation . He's a beautiful kick and highly skilled and a good height

He's very young so playing league footy or even U18 nationals he's not going to go out there and physically dominate with contested marks . That part of his game can grow

4 goals on debut in a league prelim is huge , you saw what his strengths are that day no doubt

Won't surprise me to see him go pick 1
4 goals on debut is a very good game. Having never heard of him at that point I wasn't paying any particular attention to him so didn't really notice much other than that he moved well but wan't all that physical. I don't watch much junior footy so I don't know how his playing style would compare to another KPF on debut so thanks for the information.

It will be interesting to see how this draft/trade period plays out assuming that the ladder ends up similar to what is expected. I think Adelaide should be looking to draft another KPF but, like you have said in the past, unless you are using a pick in the top 10 it generally isn't worth drafting him at all. We haven't in the recent past, and I don't anticipate that we will in the near future have a top 10 pick (hopefully not) apart from this year - at the very least this year we will have picks that will enable us to trade up to an early selection. Having an SA boy available in the position and draft range that we want in a rare year where we actually have the potential to draft him would a very enticing prospect for the club. It is almost as if the stars have aligned. If the club does go in a different it may be an indication of where the club anticipates Fogarty playing long term - or it may not. Interesting times.

... Having an SA boy available in the position and draft range that we want in a rare year where we actually have the potential to draft him would a very enticing prospect for the club. It is almost as if the stars have aligned. If the club does go in a different it may be an indication of where the club anticipates Fogarty playing long term - or it may not. Interesting times.
If AFC doesn't try to (or is unable to) trade up to a pick that could nab Luko or Rankine, AFC could be in position to nab Rozee and Hately given the number of other draftees looking the goods at this stage (and depending on what the swampies do, I guess). Look forward to seeing what happens.

4 goals on debut is a very good game. Having never heard of him at that point I wasn't paying any particular attention to him so didn't really notice much other than that he moved well but wan't all that physical. I don't watch much junior footy so I don't know how his playing style would compare to another KPF on debut so thanks for the information.

It will be interesting to see how this draft/trade period plays out assuming that the ladder ends up similar to what is expected. I think Adelaide should be looking to draft another KPF but, like you have said in the past, unless you are using a pick in the top 10 it generally isn't worth drafting him at all. We haven't in the recent past, and I don't anticipate that we will in the near future have a top 10 pick (hopefully not) apart from this year - at the very least this year we will have picks that will enable us to trade up to an early selection. Having an SA boy available in the position and draft range that we want in a rare year where we actually have the potential to draft him would a very enticing prospect for the club. It is almost as if the stars have aligned. If the club does go in a different it may be an indication of where the club anticipates Fogarty playing long term - or it may not. Interesting times.
I see Fog playing in Tex position long term , in my book he's a forward unlikely to be a mid but it's just my thought

I see Fog playing in Tex position long term , in my book he's a forward unlikely to be a mid but it's just my thought
I tend to agree, I think we’ll want him more to be a Pavlich-type than a Roo-type (if development all goes well, of course). Mainly a bustling CHF who is versatile enough to provide some X Factor down back or in the middle if needed.

Reckon we’ll go all out for a young elite midfield prospect with Melb’s pick. At this stage, it’s most likely to be Rozee out of the SA kids, which I’d be completely fine with

I think we should look to package our 18 and 19 AFC first rounders, to see if we can get near pick 10.

Taking those three picks into this year would be bloody exciting.

I think we should look to package our 18 and 19 AFC first rounders, to see if we can get near pick 10.

I don't unless it can in some way guarantee one of Izak Rankine or Jack Lukosius or maybe at a stretch Connor Rozee given the quality and depth of this draft.

I tend to agree, I think we’ll want him more to be a Pavlich-type than a Roo-type (if development all goes well, of course). Mainly a bustling CHF who is versatile enough to provide some X Factor down back or in the middle if needed.

Reckon we’ll go all out for a young elite midfield prospect with Melb’s pick. At this stage, it’s most likely to be Rozee out of the SA kids, which I’d be completely fine with
How can you say what “we” want as as a club ...... it’s just your opinion

If Sloane goes could have three picks around 16-22 range.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back