Draws - your opinion

What should happen when there's a draw?

• Goalkicking shoot-out from 40m

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Some movies also have inconclusive endings that leave it up to the viewer to speculate what might have happened.

Tom Hardy Inception GIF

Not just movies.

IMG_4144.jpeg

America leave us for dead when it comes to the way they do sports.

And now you’ve got me backing up Samcro, which is quite frankly another reason I don’t like you.

I’ve never really understood that. Sport is about the battle between contestants and having an emotional investment in one of the sides winning. Or enjoying the game itself enough to enjoy neutral matches. I’m not sure what anyone could add to a game that increases how enthralled I was yesterday. BT for Underwood would have definitely improved my experience, but not sure that’s what’s being referred to.

Empty hollow feeling at the end of the game. Players, fans, commentators all dejected, flat, confused. No one knows what to say or do.
Obviously for it to end in a draw the last few minutes have been exciting and hectic. Then the siren goes with no winner. The ultimate anti climax.
This!
It's clear from their post-draw behaviour that the players want the result to be a win for their side. The overwhelming body language is "A draw, after all that! :sadv1::poov1:".

I noted that Fagan was happy with the draw in his presser. He remarked that Brisbane had used up all their tickets.
With 5 minutes of extra time each way, the Crows probably run away with it, who knows?
But this is an odd question:
What kind of psychopath thinks that’s ok?
It suggests the posters who think the draw should be left as is are psychopaths.
Er, what?

Draws are s**t.

Empty hollow feeling at the end of the game. Players, fans, commentators all dejected, flat, confused. No one knows what to say or do.

Obviously for it to end in a draw the last few minutes have been exciting and hectic. Then the siren goes with no winner. The ultimate anti climax.

What kind of psychopath thinks that’s ok?

Empty and hollow better than how this poor guy felt when his beloved dolphins screwed up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And now you’ve got me backing up Samcro, which is quite frankly another reason I don’t like you.

And the premier league puts anything the Americans have to shame.

Yes shock horror, the Americans aren't the leading light in all things sport. Would you like us to have teams that can change cities once every few years if they want that have no link to tradition?

Last edited:
Extra time.
Never understood why we had two different rules, during the season and finals.
‘Overtime’ is a great feature in other sports, creates tension and elevates games.
Also in a sport with no time outs, will allow greater tactics and strategy.
One potential glitch with extra time.
Suppose teamA has not used their sub, but the other has.
Can teamA then use that sub and benefit from fresh legs in extra time?

I don't see a problem with draws. The only exception should be finals where a clear winner needs to be decided, including a grand final.

There is enough scoring opportunities in games of football that if you can't win, you don't deserve to. Plus draws are so few and far between, a draw really adds for an exciting element of the game.

If we remove draws from games we will see sides with 3-4 minutes to go in the match with tied scores start chipping around to take time off the clock so their star players can rest on the bench for an all out assault in extra time. It would instantly make these matches boring more than it would make them exciting. At least with a draw both sides are trying desperately to win the game right up until the siren.

And take off one player per team each 30 seconds. Until only 1 remains on each team. Then they have to run backwards and kick with non-preferred foot.
Nah multi ball.

Have two different coloured balls. One for each team. You have to score with the other team's ball.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah that's right.
So, someone with a:
" mental disorder especially when marked by egocentric and antisocial activity, a lack of remorse for one's actions, an absence of empathy for others, and criminal tendencies"
and not just someone who has a harmless opinion about drawn games??

I think what you see is the difference in population. But everything we complain about the AFL is magnified 100 times by every American sport. So be careful what you wish for.

So, someone with a:
" mental disorder especially when marked by egocentric and antisocial activity, a lack of remorse for one's actions, an absence of empathy for others, and criminal tendencies"
and not just someone who has a harmless opinion about drawn games??
See you’re getting it

Back