Draws - your opinion

What should happen when there's a draw?

• Goalkicking shoot-out from 40m

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I still remember the draw at Football Park in Round 1 1979 - Central District 14.14 vs West Torrens 14.14.

At the end of the game, we all just looked bewildered.

It was the first draw I’d ever attended.

You remember them because they happen so rarely.

Was also at the G when we drew with Collingwood. Was there with a Collingwood mate and remember him saying during the third quarter when they were 50 points up that they were going to lose the game. I just laughed.

Remember July 1984 at Thebarton Oval - West Torrens vs Norwood, we kick the first two goals of the final quarter to go up 48 points, we ended up losing by a goal. Or April 1976, Prospect Oval North Adelaide vs West Torrens, we led by 55 points at half time, lost by 7 points. These games scarred me for probably 20 years that no matter the lead, you can still lose.

Certainly games stick in your memory, both good and bad.

Last edited:
Draws are s**t.

Empty hollow feeling at the end of the game. Players, fans, commentators all dejected, flat, confused. No one knows what to say or do.

Obviously for it to end in a draw the last few minutes have been exciting and hectic. Then the siren goes with no winner. The ultimate anti climax.

What kind of psychopath thinks that’s ok?

Me

Toughen up snowflakes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Judas Priest Leather GIF

During the season, next week's matchups aren't reliant on the week prior. Finals are vastly different, hence the different approaches being perfectly reasonable.
I’m purely talking about fans, players. Nothing about ladder position.

My point is some Australians seem to have a developer this blind mentality that US = Good and everything else bad.
If only the USA was as great at everything as they claim...

Most Americans never travel outside their own country & lack an understanding of other cultures.... but they sure as hell like to poke their noses into everyone's business.

Back