• Yes

Votes: 186 78.2%
  • No

Votes: 44 18.5%
  • Not sure

Votes: 8 3.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

No President is included in a review - that’s just completely absurd and unrealistic.

If supporters are unhappy they just vote him out - that’s the ultimate review of performance for a President.
When was the last time we had a vote on anything?

No President is included in a review - that’s just completely absurd and unrealistic.

If supporters are unhappy they just vote him out - that’s the ultimate review of performance for a President.

Where and when is the ballot?

I’ve been a member for 20 years and have never seen any information relating to voting, just heard he’s been re-elected.

I’m say others on this forum have voted and I’m in the minority but I’ve never seen anything about it.

Where and when is the ballot?

I’ve been a member for 20 years and have never seen any information relating to voting, just heard he’s been re-elected.

I’m say others on this forum have voted and I’m in the minority but I’ve never seen anything about it.

If anybody can remember voting for any position on the board since Ed became President, then I'd love to hear about it. Even once?
The board is stacked with people he wants on there. Love the club sure, but no need to be blind to the facts.

If your a member then its every time there’s an election.

Can you show me the ballot papers? For any board position?
Can you remember any time you have been given 2 candidates to vote for on the board in the last 20 years?

If anybody can remember voting for any position on the board since Ed became President, then I'd love to hear about it. Even once?
The board is stacked with people he wants on there. Love the club sure, but no need to be blind to the facts.

Any group can organize to over throw or oppose Eddie. Just because no one has done it doesn’t mean it’s not possible.

If your a member then its every time there’s an election.
I've been a social club member for over 20 years and I don't ever recall once being asked to vote. Maybe I miss the annual letter, or email, every year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any group can organize to over throw or oppose Eddie. Just because no one has done it doesn’t mean it’s not possible.

Yep it's possible to overthrow Putin & xi jinping as well. But just as unlikely & probably as dangerous.

Now your just taking the piss. Yes, its possible coz it probably says so in the constitution. I vaguely remember someone trying it years ago and they got bullied into oblivion and thats exactly what would happen to anyone who tried opposing him. Just because its possible doesn't mean it'll ever happen in reality.

I've been a social club member for over 20 years and I don't ever recall once being asked to vote. Maybe I miss the annual letter, or email, every year.
Yeah, you're definitely not. My pop held Ed's position in the 70s and 80s and often bemoaned not being able to vote against Ed, as he saw it as something of a right of the faithful. My dad has been a member for 50 odd years and has never seen any opportunity to vote against Ed either.

He should have been. His decisions and influence have had a bigger impact than anyone else in that place...

and members can’t vote him out if he ensures there are no other viable options..

Now your just taking the piss. Yes, its possible coz it probably says so in the constitution. I vaguely remember someone trying it years ago and they got bullied into oblivion and thats exactly what would happen to anyone who tried opposing him. Just because its possible doesn't mean it'll ever happen in reality.

Rubbish - how do you think Eddie got the gig?
Only difference was that it was an amicable transition.
We have enough powerful supporters who would happily tap Ed on the shoulder if they had major concerns with how the club was performing.

He should have been. His decisions and influence have had a bigger impact than anyone else in that place...

and members can’t vote him out if he ensures there are no other viable options..

if members aren’t motivated to organize a ticket to oppose Ed they are either satisfied or apathetic- either way that’s got nothing to do with Ed,

You are naive if you think he can stop a challenge.

Rubbish - how do you think Eddie got the gig?
Only difference was that it was an amicable transition.
We have enough powerful supporters who would happily tap Ed on the shoulder if they had major concerns with how the club was performing.
OK. Keep telling yourself that. Perhaps we should just agree to disagree. In my opinion the next transition will come when and only when Ed decides it will. I'll keep an eye out for that voting form though. I'm sure I'll get one sooner or later. Not.

And I’m not even suggesting he has to be voted out - it would just be nice to see an alternative option and have some choice.

Its not get him out for the sake of getting him out.

He’s been brilliant for the club. Amazing in his heyday.

if members aren’t motivated to organize a ticket to oppose Ed they are either satisfied or apathetic- either way that’s got nothing to do with Ed,

You are naive if you think he can stop a challenge.
Hahahaha, *in hell. Imagine any other president in another setting being defended for voter suppression because his constituents "aren't motivated to organise a ticket"

OK. Keep telling yourself that. Perhaps we should just agree to disagree. In my opinion the next transition will come when and only when Ed decides it will. I'll keep an eye out for that voting form though. I'm sure I'll get one sooner or later. Not.

The facts are the facts - Eddie like every President can be challenged and voted out.
Your misconceptions don’t change the facts.

Back