EDFL Div 1 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turbo - It's local football. Standard drops , so what???? The Standards not that great anyway , and that's ok because it's Local Footy. Players & coaches have raped Clubs for too long , $250 is plenty for the best player to be paid , not $1000 plus sign on's ect,, that is ridiculous(unless you are the one getting paid)..
Ordinary/Solid players $600 a game , how does that make sense.
Stop asking yourself why can't this happen and look at ways to make it happen.

I agree 100%

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Would this really be the worst thing to happen Turbo? Yes i agree the standard may drop slightly but if the main thing you are looking for is a high standard you'd be watching 9 games of afl a week, followed by vfl, wafl, sanfl before you made it down to a b grade edfl game.

Imagine if in 12 months time we had gone back to when there was a lot less $$ at local footy, juniors stuck together through the ranks and played senior footy with each other, and clubs weren't being held to ransom by mercenaries
Football becomes affordable as clubs don’t need to raise $500,000 a year.
That means junior membership will be cheaper. families who will be struggling to pay their bills will still be able to pay for little Johnny and Jane to play footy

Football becomes affordable as clubs don’t need to raise $500,000 a year.
That means junior membership will be cheaper. families who will be struggling to pay their bills will still be able to pay for little Johnny and Jane to play footy
Clubs never need to raise $500K if they dont want to . Its the ego of the leaders of the clubs that get sucked in and commit to whatever the player asks for .
The clubs are their own worst enemy .

Turbo - It's local football. Standard drops , so what???? The Standards not that great anyway , and that's ok because it's Local Footy. Players & coaches have raped Clubs for too long , $250 is plenty for the best player to be paid , not $1000 plus sign on's ect,, that is ridiculous(unless you are the one getting paid)..
Ordinary/Solid players $600 a game , how does that make sense.
Stop asking yourself why can't this happen and look at ways to make it happen.
Survey, I’m not against anything just stating what would happen.
in short mate there will be NO footy played in 2020. Zero chance.

Don't know the bloke but I 100% agree with Labbad from Tullamarine - 2021 scrap player payments for all Vic Metro competitions.
Some will say too hard to police which is correct(it's too hard to police Salary Cap but we continue to do that), so focus on punishment and the answer - If any club found guilty to be paying players then No Doubt on Punishment - Club disqualified for all Senior/Reserve games for 12 months.
Time to get serious
well maybe him and tulla can set the standard but I doubt they will sounds like there spent what they haven,t got and not playing has tripped them up

well maybe him and tulla can set the standard but I doubt they will sounds like there spent what they haven,t got and not playing has tripped them up
100% correct
Got themselves in a bit of trouble and will only get worse for the great men of Tullamarine :)

100% correct
Got themselves in a bit of trouble and will only get worse for the great men of Tullamarine :)
Yeah paid sign ons and no one willing to return them. I guess legally they are within there rights as it was to sign a contract. It’s a risk signing older type players with no real attachment to the club. Not the only club in a bit of financial strife.

As it will be highly unlikely local football will be back in 2020- what a great opportunity for clubs to develop a new 3-5 plan. If a new club was starting from ground zero financially I.e jacana/ Keilor park how much money would they need to field a team? Maybe if all the players went back to their junior clubs and played for the jumper could be a good starting point- then again it will depend how they they have been treated. It is not all doom and gloom, you can always find positives in any situation. This may even give a ordinary player starved of opportunity a good look in at a higher level..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If afl vic halves the club player payments does this also mean the clubs have to revise the current player contracts .
Will the players want to take less than they are getting now for the same amount of effort.
Even a suburban club level we are asking players to commit to at least 10 months of the year to footy trying to mirror what the AFL Clubs do as we all know playing for the love of the jumper is long gone

If afl vic halves the club player payments does this also mean the clubs have to revise the current player contracts .
Will the players want to take less than they are getting now for the same amount of effort.
Even a suburban club level we are asking players to commit to at least 10 months of the year to footy trying to mirror what the AFL Clubs do as we all know playing for the love of the jumper is long gone

If blokes want to play footy the will need to accept whatever the set up looks like after this.

To be honest the pre seasons have gotten out of control anyway so really would t hurt for them to be shortened...I’ve always thought that any starting before Christmas is over the top for local footy

There are tens of thousands of people losing their jobs or having their hours & salary being severely reduced at this time.. So maybe you should think again before asking "will players want to take less"... You have no idea what's going on in REAL LIFE. Players will play to the rules - SIMPLE. It's up to AFL Vic and the local leagues to take this opportunity to Cut Back on these ridiculous Salary Caps and put the Volunteers and Clubs first

There are tens of thousands of people losing their jobs or having their hours & salary being severely reduced at this time.. So maybe you should think again before asking "will players want to take less"... You have no idea what's going on in REAL LIFE. Players will play to the rules - SIMPLE. It's up to AFL Vic and the local leagues to take this opportunity to Cut Back on these ridiculous Salary Caps and put the Volunteers and Clubs first

agree survey.
all of income will be down at every club. eg takings from the bar , canteen and sponorship will also be major affected.

It’s going to be down more than 50%. Don’t be surprised if it’s 80%

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Let me throw a discussion for the forum- The next three years will have unlimited salary cap (like the 90’s)and no points ! Or have Zero payments (supposedly like VAFA- yeah right) and unlimited points. What are the consequences of this? Who will be smart enough to survive or merge ? How will Aberfeldie or strathmore Compete with Hadfield and moonee valley? Will it come down to the juniors? Good bye to the mercenaries maybe? Anyway interesting for all the comp to start thinking outside the square!!

Survey i assure you i have a very firm grasp of what is going on in REAL LIFE as i am hanging on to my job presently buy the skin of my teeth so take your holy than thou attitued and stick it where the sun does not shine .So let me clarify my question for you the players have had the upper hand in wage negotiations we in club land will be asking them to take cuts by my reckoning some will take the cut others won't tradies for instant can earn more playing footy than working at the present rate ,if we take 1/2 to 3/4 of their wage they can then earn more on a saturday at work so why risk playing for bugger all and getting an injury . People in general do not like doing same work for less money its human nature .I recognise that there has to be a massive adjustment to ensure that the game and clubs survive at surburban and country level and i whole heartly agree with this as clubs are the heart and sole of their communities especially for our country folk. Volunteers do not grow on trees and we are flogging the ones we have to death so anything to help ease the work load is a plus this might help attract new volunteers and attract new ones

This is good read. I like comment which encourages players to go into team mates workplace to catch up and say hi and support there workplace.

Now I know a few on here (including myself to a degree) were critical of Hillside deciding to appoint a coach from within but now with this coronavirus outbreak it’s probably been to there advantage they went for someone low profile as it’s probably saved them some $$ compared to other clubs. Thoughts!

This is good read. I like comment which encourages players to go into team mates workplace to catch up and say hi and support there workplace.

Now I know a few on here (including myself to a degree) were critical of Hillside deciding to appoint a coach from within but now with this coronavirus outbreak it’s probably been to there advantage they went for someone low profile as it’s probably saved them some $$ compared to other clubs. Thoughts!

Sorry Turbo but all I can see is Rupert's paywall page instead of the article.

Survey i assure you i have a very firm grasp of what is going on in REAL LIFE as i am hanging on to my job presently buy the skin of my teeth so take your holy than thou attitued and stick it where the sun does not shine .So let me clarify my question for you the players have had the upper hand in wage negotiations we in club land will be asking them to take cuts by my reckoning some will take the cut others won't tradies for instant can earn more playing footy than working at the present rate ,if we take 1/2 to 3/4 of their wage they can then earn more on a saturday at work so why risk playing for bugger all and getting an injury . People in general do not like doing same work for less money its human nature .I recognise that there has to be a massive adjustment to ensure that the game and clubs survive at surburban and country level and i whole heartly agree with this as clubs are the heart and sole of their communities especially for our country folk. Volunteers do not grow on trees and we are flogging the ones we have to death so anything to help ease the work load is a plus this might help attract new volunteers and attract new ones
Simple answer if you prefer to work than play footy then don't play , SIMPLE

Simple answer if you prefer to work than play footy then don't play , SIMPLE
Survey you say Simple work or play footy, well mate if only life was that easy there will be a lot of heart ache and pain before this is over from both players and clubs and make no mistake there will casualties on both sides. Life in theses times is far from SIMPLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back