EDFL Div 2 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Well said. Clubs can rebound. I guess it’s more if you don’t have the $$ to pay as you offered players then that turnaround can be a very long process.
Always been a pretty good club I’ve thought.
It is a good club, the new president is an honest, reliable bloke and will be a breath of fresh air down there. Ppl need to remember they pushed a lot of very good sides last year and only fell away badly last 4 games. From what I saw last year and at training so far, try keeping up with them in the speed side of things. Get the skills up a touch, and sides may struggle to stay with them. Fingers crossed speed kills.

On SM-G990E using BigFooty.com mobile app

It is a good club, the new president is an honest, reliable bloke and will be a breath of fresh air down there. Ppl need to remember they pushed a lot of very good sides last year and only fell away badly last 4 games. From what I saw last year and at training so far, try keeping up with them in the speed side of things. Get the skills up a touch, and sides may struggle to stay with them. Fingers crossed speed kills.

Good luck, always been a good club Westmeadows just made some poor decisions on coaching, recruiting they will bounce back its just going to take some time.

Unfortunately speed can only be an asset come finals on windy hill. In this competition especially C grade you need the bigger bodies on the grounds once the rain sets in. I like the edfl but the grounds are very ordinary at best.

I think they'll be a little bit better than most think. Definitely get wins against East and Hadfeild. We will have to wait and see. Any praccy matches organised yet? I believe Sunbury Kangas are playing Kyneton in their first game.

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Mate Haddy look to be going ok. Godden will dominate this division and Polizzi will be a handful.

I think they'll be a little bit better than most think. Definitely get wins against East and Hadfeild. We will have to wait and see. Any praccy matches organised yet? I believe Sunbury Kangas are playing Kyneton in their first game.

Yeah wouldn’t be sleeping on haddy. Will definitely surprise a few. They just signed an under 18ns comp B&F winner according to the socials. Not sure how he goes, but good to get some youth in

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Such a fall in recent years. They held their own in Premier for a number of years, shows how quickly it can happen.
Yeah mate but very difficult to keep up with the big clubs unless you either have big money or good juniors and Glenroy didn’t have neither. They did well to stay up for a few years. Dulic kept them competitive for a while I thought as he was a good big man and Glenroy person.
They will bounce back to div1 in 2-3 years I would say.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah mate but very difficult to keep up with the big clubs unless you either have big money or good juniors and Glenroy didn’t have neither. They did well to stay up for a few years. Dulic kept them competitive for a while I thought as he was a good big man and Glenroy person.
They will bounce back to div1 in 2-3 years I would say.
They have got a few faces and the new coach has actually had time to do a little bit of recruiting and pre seasoning training.

I think they will be mid table but you are right as good as a club they are, they dont usually spash large amounts of cash and they also dont have bunches of cash to hand out either

Big rumours flying around that rupo have asked to be dropped to div 2 this year due to player shortages. Talk is that they are going to struggle to fill one side.

Will be an interesting couple of months to see how that pans out.

Big rumours flying around that rupo have asked to be dropped to div 2 this year due to player shortages. Talk is that they are going to struggle to fill one side.

Geez lets hope not, few clubs have struggled over the last few years with nunbers and going into administration (jacana and east sunbury for a year). Lets hope this isnt that case.

Geez lets hope not, few clubs have struggled over the last few years with nunbers and going into administration (jacana and east sunbury for a year). Lets hope this isnt that case.
If the club is doubting they'll have enough numbers for a side, will there be a time frame given from the league? the club or the league won't want them to go into recess but time is ticking. Praccy matches won't be far away either.

This is what happens when you cheat the cap and get caught, you are under the microscope and the place falls apart after that. Either dont do it, or dont get caught! can kill your club

This is what happens when you cheat the cap and get caught, you are under the microscope and the place falls apart after that. Either dont do it, or dont get caught! can kill your club

Caught? LoL. This organisation couldn't catch a cold. We've already seen high profile recruiting by Div 1 and 2 clubs and nobody has blinked an eyelid.

95% of clubs was the number put forward by one poster. Personally think it's around 65-70 myself.

Caught? LoL. This organisation couldn't catch a cold. We've already seen high profile recruiting by Div 1 and 2 clubs and nobody has blinked an eyelid.

95% of clubs was the number put forward by one poster. Personally think it's around 65-70 myself.
Just one of the factors in play at Rupertswood, all stemming from the league change. President thought they’d “outgrown” the Riddell District. Good call 🤦‍♂️.

It would be incredibly unfair to the div.2 clubs who have prepared for the season to throw in Ruperstwood.

These things happens when one club pillages another club for players

Im not involved there so wouldn’t be able to say why this has happened at what seemed like such a well run club with good juniors

I’ve played at a club where there was a mass walkout because one bloke got an assistant coaching job in the vafa and he took 16 players with him. Decimated the club pre season was depressing as we knew we were in for a long year

Took the club years to recover

Couple of years ago haddy were in a similar spot, loss of players and knew we were going to get pumped in div 1 every game ( average losing margin would’ve been 150) the club pleaded with the edfl to go down to div2 but the edfl couldn’t care less. Doubt they’ll let Rupo go down

Couple of years ago haddy were in a similar spot, loss of players and knew we were going to get pumped in div 1 every game ( average losing margin would’ve been 150) the club pleaded with the edfl to go down to div2 but the edfl couldn’t care less. Doubt they’ll let Rupo go down

I remember that

Not sure if it was around 2008-9 ish when the club wanted to change how they did their contracts??

Nobody got guaranteed money

Best on got $$$no matter who they were

2nd got $$

3rd got $

On a sliding scale Down to about 10th

And the the players cracked the shits because it rewarded who was playing well not who had a reputation

Actually that might have been before div 3 was even invented

Yeah very unfair for others in div2 if they allowed them to drop. Where would it stop!!They need to work harder, only plays in thirds comp or go into recess for a year.

Just one of the factors in play at Rupertswood, all stemming from the league change. President thought they’d “outgrown” the Riddell District. Good call 🤦‍♂️.

It would be incredibly unfair to the div.2 clubs who have prepared for the season to throw in Ruperstwood.
I’ve seen things go wrong at clubs but not to the extent that it has at rupo. A side that finished 3rd in 2023 and then the next pre season most of them walk out to other clubs that have been heart and soul rupo people. Something has drastically gone wrong there for this to happen.

EDFL Div 2 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back