EDFL Premier Discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

EK played at 44 player points yesterday. Strathmore played at 22. Don’t think there were too many highly paid imported “marquee” players who took the field for Strathmore. EK, on the other hand………..?

Irrelevant.. your comparing a team that’s been in premier forever vs one that just came up of course we will be at high points…. No other way to compete you need to recruit. You recruited at one point and now Players for strathmore been there for 3-4 years minimum and are now worth 1 point or we’re all 22 players playing from u12’s.

Strathmore, keilor and Abbers fans accusing others of being over the cap is laughable mate. Get off it, cut the shit.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
Irrelevant.. your comparing a team that’s been in premier forever vs one that just came up of course we will be at high points…. No other way to compete you need to recruit. You recruited at one point and now Players for strathmore been there for 3-4 years minimum and are now worth 1 point or we’re all 22 players playing from u12’s.

Strathmore, keilor and Abbers fans accusing others of being over the cap is laughable mate. Get off it, cut the s**t.

I’m not suggesting for a minute that all Strathmore players are “home grown” products. However a pretty high percentage are. Whereas EK have got numerous high point/high paid imports, some of whom they can’t even fit into their team.

Bash, you’re getting a bit strident and desperate when you make silly comments that Strathmore are probably $300,000 over the cap. Don’t get so defensive. We all know, including you, that EK are gaming the system.

I’m not suggesting for a minute that all Strathmore players are “home grown” products. However a pretty high percentage are. Whereas EK have got numerous high point/high paid imports, some of whom they can’t even fit into their team.

Bash, you’re getting a bit strident and desperate when you make silly comments that Strathmore are probably $300,000 over the cap. Don’t get so defensive. We all know, including you, that EK are gaming the system.

Like I said mate strathmore was ek once upon a time recruiting players whose points have now dropped.

I did not bring up caps mate the other bloke did, but don’t for a second encourage that other clubs are cheating caps especially when you follow one of the big 3 clubs mate.

Like I said cut it out your making yourself sound silly.

Enough on caps it’s a boring topic that I have no care for.

Like I said mate strathmore was ek once upon a time recruiting players whose points have now dropped.

I did not bring up caps mate the other bloke did, but don’t for a second encourage that other clubs are cheating caps especially when you follow one of the big 3 clubs mate.

Like I said cut it out your making yourself sound silly.

Enough on caps it’s a boring topic that I have no care for.

As a mutual supporter at the game yesterday . Strathmore were class above. To fast and dominated the middle. EK have some discipline issues which you can’t afford if you want to be a powerhouse is this comp. Yesterday showed me that EK are carrying to many players against the stronger sides in the division . I heard a little whisper that the new recruit Wild who was injured , did the old suit up walk out with the reserves then walk off straight away to get a game under his belt for qualification , any truth?

As a mutual supporter at the game yesterday . Strathmore were class above. To fast and dominated the middle. EK have some discipline issues which you can’t afford if you want to be a powerhouse is this comp. Yesterday showed me that EK are carrying to many players against the stronger sides in the division . I heard a little whisper that the new recruit Wild who was injured , did the old suit up walk out with the reserves then walk off straight away to get a game under his belt for qualification , any truth?

Can confirm . I heard he got paid $1500 for it too

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:

If Wild did suit up and was on the team sheet (like Laguda last week) is there really an issue with that ? If EK magoos are willing to play with 21 and Wild was there on the bench then they aren’t really breaking any rules.
I wonder what the 2’s coach and players think of it ? Culturally it may impact a bit but perfectly within the rules IMO. We want the best players playing finals. The funny thing is they will be qualifying for a Mad Monday after round 18

Lolllllllllllll……. Are you ok mate or what, why are you so mad ? What got your knickers in a knot?

Did I not say strathmore too good about 4 times now? It’s our first year up mate was not expecting to win a flag.

Cheats? Lol strathmore is probably 300k over the cap mate it’s 3:30am when your posting put down the beer cans clearly not thinking straight.

Not normally a poster on here but have done some research for you.

17 of the 22 Strathmore juniors

Of the 5 imports
Denning- No VFL/ AFL games - recruited from GFL where he played more reserves then seniors
Eggelstone - No VFL/ AFL games- recruited from D grade ametuers
Vavra - No VFL/ AFL games - recruited from westmeadows as a developing ruckman
Bollinghaus - under 5 VFL games
Jarrod- big recruit at the time approx 5 years ago

Of the 5 imports
Denning- No VFL/ AFL games - recruited from GFL where he played more reserves then seniors
Checkmate! Iaccobucci was also recruited in, but he's been there since 2012, so that hardly counts. Perhaps Bashen could give us a rundown on background of EK players from yesterday's team.

Checkmate! Iaccobucci was also recruited in, but he's been there since 2012, so that hardly counts. Perhaps Bashen could give us a rundown on background of EK players from yesterday's team.

Nice mate! More juniors then I expected. Must mean they all play for free too.

The debate was cap related not player points. My argument was higher points doesn’t mean a team is paying more then another.

Keilor and Abbers play on barely any points also. Those players must play for free too.

I couldn’t care less to be honest what any of your teams pay in wages. But don’t accuse other teams of cheating like I said when everyone knows the big 3-4 blow the cap out the water.

Get off it lad. Next topic

Of the 5 imports
Nick O'Brien? Is younger brother Dean there also? I guess Nick didnt play yesterday.

Nice mate! More juniors then I expected. Must mean they all play for free too.

The debate was cap related not player points. My argument was higher points doesn’t mean a team is paying more then another.

Keilor and Abbers play on barely any points also. Those players must play for free too.

I couldn’t care less to be honest what any of your teams pay in wages. But don’t accuse other teams of cheating like I said when everyone knows the big 3-4 blow the cap out the water.

Get off it lad. Next topic

No, you claimed that Strathmore were just like EK in that they recruited in lots of players who are now all 1 pointers. As cappolice clearly pointed out, you were wrong.

The demographic of EK’s list is nothing like what Strathmore’s list once was. I can understand your keenness to now discontinue the subject.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, you claimed that Strathmore were just like EK in that they recruited in lots of players who are now all 1 pointers. As cappolice clearly pointed out, you were wrong.

The demographic of EK’s list is nothing like what Strathmore’s list once was. I can understand your keenness to now discontinue the subject.

I’m sure strathmore has done their fair share of recruiting mate. Especially when they first went up to premier all those years ago. Impossible to compete without it especially in a older demographic like East Keilor where not many young kids are. Recent years have shown what happens when you don’t recruit and go up to premier, you go back down the following year with a 0-18 record and 30%.

Was keen to discontinue cap talk about 4 posts ago when I said let’s drop it because I honestly couldn’t care less, it shouldn’t be in local footy, it’s an unpolicable rule that should be scrapped in favour of a lower point cap.

I’m sure strathmore has done their fair share of recruiting mate. Especially when they first went up to premier all those years ago. Impossible to compete without it especially in a older demographic like East Keilor where not many young kids are. Recent years have shown what happens when you don’t recruit and go up to premier, you go back down the following year with a 0-18 record and 30%.

Was keen to discontinue cap talk about 4 posts ago when I said let’s drop it because I honestly couldn’t care less, it shouldn’t be in local footy, it’s an unpolicable rule that should be scrapped in favour of a lower point cap.

Spot on Bashen, did the Grima brothers, Michael Firrito, Hamish McIntosh, James Polkinghorne play at Strathmore for free ?

Spot on Bashen, did the Grima brothers, Michael Firrito, Hamish McIntosh, James Polkinghorne play at Strathmore for free ?

We all know those players wouldn’t have played for free. A certain thing called a salary cap has been introduced of late. Some naive people are forgetting that.

I’ve run out of popcorn 🍿 reading all these posts..

Stax.. Strathmore going well and how those Pacco boys flying under the radar..😀

Despite a very interesting year to date, looks like its going to be the same 4 around the mark at the business end of the year. Abers looks to be the fav for mine, while glenroy looks like they’ll be returning to division 1. Good few weeks for Avondale Heights

I'll get away from the EK/Mores topic for a moment. Was anyone at the Pacco/Greenvale game Saturday? I've heard the game from Brad Inglis was one of the better games by a player at local level for quite sometime? 8 goals out of the midfield is quite amazing!

I watched Marby/Glenroy Saturday, Marby should have won by 6-7 goals bad kicking kept the Roys in it.

I’ve run out of popcorn 🍿 reading all these posts..

Stax.. Strathmore going well and how those Pacco boys flying under the radar..😀
Yes Turbo, both Mores and Pacco going well. Pacco the only team to beat Abers, thrashed Strathmore and EK, and were very competitive against Keilor. They’re going along very nicely ATM.

Pacco haven’t done much wrong at all. They’ve got 3 tough away games over the next 5 weeks against Strathmore, Abers and Keilor. Whoever wins next week between Mores and Pacco should almost certainly play finals. Very interesting season to date.

Last edited:

EDFL Premier Discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Back