EDFL Premier Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

It seems most in here are more interested in EK and Pat C goings on than the actual game of football. Reminds me of a mothers club to be honest. Morrish would be the best defender in Premier EDFl by a mile and Goater would be best Forward in EDFL Premier by a mile. Both going to the USA to further their sporting careers.
HAHAHA they weren't even the best back and forward in the WRFL

Whilst that might be true
The points were introduced in 2016 and the cap in 2017. Since then Premier division flags have been won by the following teams:

keilor (3)
Abers (2)
SMore (2)

GV won back to back 2012-13 and before that MP 2009-10.

Interestingly and quite relevant to this whole argument is those that have won promotion have rarely stayed and been a force in premier. Some have stayed but have regularly taken up bottom 3-4 spots and or just avoided relegation, such as AH (since 2005, MP 2008, PV 2012 and EDS 2015)

I’m recent years AW have been promoted twice and currently still in premier (they did drop straight away in 2019) as did craigiburn in 2021.

The points (moreso) and sal cap system have perhaps helped more in Div 1 and 2 than premier, however sustaining that success in premier is much more difficult and perhaps requires more $$$ to make it and stay but at what cost?

As has been mentioned numerous times, the points system is what sets this apart as we know (from past and current experiences)that you can’t buy flags and remain successful.
Them three winning multiple flags since the points system was introduced, tells me they have good junior programs.

I bet none of them play on max points

It seems most in here are more interested in EK and Pat C goings on than the actual game of football. Reminds me of a mothers club to be honest. Morrish would be the best defender in Premier EDFl by a mile and Goater would be best Forward in EDFL Premier by a mile. Both going to the USA to further their sporting careers.
They are...because it ends up adding to the discussion on who they think gets relegated eventually.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know how training went at East Keilor tonight? Did they train? Did anyone turn up? Did the group chat leaker reveal himself? Have they got a new captain? Have they got enough players left to field a team? Was the atmosphere hospitable? Did the president do anything presidential? Did anyone at EK get a call from DP? Have the players begun a collective bargaining agreement? Have odds been set for the EK V Avondale game? Are preseason contracts valid in a court of law? Does anyone at EK need legal advice? Does anyone down there need an escape plan? If so don't dilly daddle, 30th of May is the transfer closure date. All aboard.... the last train out of EK station is about to depart for platform Division 1.
Well Caluzzi named in team for this week
Smart, Quick, Silvagni and Dennis also named so a lot of the rumours from this week not happening..........

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know how training went at East Keilor tonight? Did they train? Did anyone turn up? Did the group chat leaker reveal himself? Have they got a new captain? Have they got enough players left to field a team? Was the atmosphere hospitable? Did the president do anything presidential? Did anyone at EK get a call from DP? Have the players begun a collective bargaining agreement? Have odds been set for the EK V Avondale game? Are preseason contracts valid in a court of law? Does anyone at EK need legal advice? Does anyone down there need an escape plan? If so don't dilly daddle, 30th of May is the transfer closure date. All aboard.... the last train out of EK station is about to depart for platform Division 1.

Isn't it June 30?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn’t believe everything they put on the edfl website,

I don’t, i was there and with Dalrymple after he got injured, hammy went late in the first qtr just up on the 50 near the cricket nets, i can try and get footage if you want too mate.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Though I have no dog in any fight in the EDFL I can say I found Pat a very respectful diligent coach when in the WRFL, more so than any other, and would certainly be happy to assist him if he reached out.

He appears to have put a massive amount of time and effort to build a lower level club into a premier club in one of the best local competitions in metropolitan Melbourne, something AFL Victoria certainly has not done.

So keep gloating on perceived failures at East Keilor but don't complain if the competition falls away at the same time.

He may have some weaknesses but surely those who are there to support him are there to lesson those weaknesses

On SM-S926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Though I have no dog in any fight in the EDFL I can say I found Pat a very respectful diligent coach when in the WRFL, more so than any other, and would certainly be happy to assist him if he reached out.

He appears to have put a massive amount of time and effort to build a lower level club into a premier club in one of the best local competitions in metropolitan Melbourne, something AFL Victoria certainly has not done.

So keep gloating on perceived failures at East Keilor but don't complain if the competition falls away at the same time.

He may have some weaknesses but surely those who are there to support him are there to lesson those weaknesses

Hes put a lot of money in and EK have nothing to show for it. Hes rubbed people up there the wrong way with some of his decisions and treatment of certain people.

Junior numbers have fallen.
Senior players disgruntled.

Its a huge difference being a reserves coach at Deer Park to being a senior coach and president of a div 3 club thats trying to be a premier club.

“Nah he’s a good bloke but”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back