EDFL Premier Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Sandhurst would beat them. Ex Hawthorn forward Fergus Greene & Ex Collingwood VFL Captain Lachie Tardrew have been dominating and are surrounded by quality players on every line.

No they wouldn’t. If anyone was to bear them it would be full strength Yarrawonga or Echuca

Watched the EK vs DP game today, EK crowd bothering Shannon Byrnes all day and even after the game finished, still giving him flack, Majak had to jump in and say something to them. EK rotations are a mess, seems very disorganised. Deer Park just couldn’t match them the whole game, Laguda and Hamad were huge, Matthew Dennis too. Silvagni played well, Smart was well defended by Bol for the game.
Must have been pretty insulting for Shannon Byrnes to react the way he did. People should respect players who play the game in the spirit of fairness as Shannon Byrnes does.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unsure but he was clearly upset with what was coming from the mouths of the EK ferals.
Always the weak who shout abuse knowing the fence is there to save them. Would never say it face to face to a player one on one. If true will totally give the club a bad name and hinder recruitment in future years as players talk about things in their circles so not a smart idea really.

Always the weak who shout abuse knowing the fence is there to save them. Would never say it face to face to a player one on one. If true will totally give the club a bad name and hinder recruitment in future years as players talk about things in their circles so not a smart idea really.

You should've heard Deer Park last year and especially when in winning positions, something which has become a bit foreign to them in 2024.

Fact is, all clubs have that element (at times) which makes you not want to go there.

Last edited:
It’s made for some great debate. I think it would be a really interesting concept to have every top league’s best team face up against eachother somehow. Similar to the FA Cup in England. It’ll never happen but it’d be bloody good to watch.
Showing my age, but I recall that there was such a knockout series played between the top team from each comp, probably 35 plus years ago. Only went for 1 year. From memory North Ballarat beat Vermont in the final.

Can’t find anything on the internet, but some footy history buff might be able to provide more information. BlueJet, MortlockWatcher?

I agree, Keilor would be very close to the best team statewide, excluding VAFA of course.

Last edited:
Keilor would win comfortably
I support both teams, watch more Keilor than Yarra however completely different styles. The one thing with O&M is the bottom 6 players are usually making up numbers where the EDFL bottom 6 at Keilor would be stiff to miss out. I hate comparing but would like to think it would be a great game.

Albury teams of the 2010s is the best local side assembled IMO.

Showing my age, but I recall that there was such a knockout series played between the top team from each comp, probably 35 plus years ago. Only went for 1 year. From memory North Ballarat beat Vermont in the final.

Can’t find anything on the internet, but some footy history buff might be able to provide more information. BlueJet, MortlockWatcher?

I agree, Keilor would be very close to the best team statewide, excluding VAFA of course.

Premier's Cup. It was in 1992.

Premier's Cup. It was in 1992.

Nth Ballarat were a powerhouse back then. Their rover was 6’2.

Werribee were VFA premiers so bit unfair to have the VFA side in it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back