EDFL Premier Div 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would expect all will be known inside 48 hours. Not looking good.
Star, I believe that you’re involved down at Strathmore. To your knowledge is the club fully committed to proceeding with both senior and junior football this season?

Certainly going to be a long, cold, boring winter if there is no local football. It would leave a fair hole in the leisure activities of a lot of people, be it participating or spectating.

Last edited:
Every club and competition will fight for junior football to be played.
It is the largest sponsorship by far and only sponsor in some cases for 2020.
Even if its a 6 to 8 game season for juniors its a again a financial decision "a win / win for clubs & league"
If juniors are scrapped we are talking some clubs in a world of hurt not being able to refund all members.
If clubs are depending on the money of the junior membership to pay their 2019 senior list then maybe this is a terrific wake up call for not running their club in a sound responsible way . If they go to the wall then i suppose the members can thank their very own committee for running their club in that way .

If clubs have paid sign on payments and a player has signed a one year contract and then wants to move on next year without playing a game, is the club going to demand the payment back? What excuse will they give if they try to block any transfer? It would be interesting.

If clubs have paid sign on payments and a player has signed a one year contract and then wants to move on next year without playing a game, is the club going to demand the payment back? What excuse will they give if they try to block any transfer? It would be interesting.
I’m thinking if the sign on is documented then maybe there could be grounds ... and if it’s been an under the table job then tough t***ies

Well sign ons aren’t allowed under afl
Vic contracts. So I’m guessing they are all under the table unless the rules have changed

I thought they were allowed but must be in the total salary cap. If clubs don't declare it they are in breech of the salary cap

I guess a few clubs paid signs on especially in the lower divisions trying to go up the grades.

THE EDFL wishes to advise any decision on the status of the 2020 season will not be finalised until official AFL Victoria Return-To-Play health and safety protocols become known.

The League is currently anticipating an outcome to be finalised during the week of Monday, June 22.

Whilst we understand and appreciate the increasing level of urgency on a final outcome, the League will continue to engage in constructive and constant dialogue with Clubs, AFL Victoria and other relevant government bodies.

This will enable the League and Clubs to consider all of the relevant facts and information available before making an informed decision on the viability and sustainability of both the 2020 season and the future of the EDFL and its Clubs.

The health, safety and well-being of all EDFL participants, Clubs, personnel and wider community will remain paramount as the League seeks to finalise an outcome on the 2020 season.

THE EDFL wishes to advise any decision on the status of the 2020 season will not be finalised until official AFL Victoria Return-To-Play health and safety protocols become known.

The League is currently anticipating an outcome to be finalised during the week of Monday, June 22.

Whilst we understand and appreciate the increasing level of urgency on a final outcome, the League will continue to engage in constructive and constant dialogue with Clubs, AFL Victoria and other relevant government bodies.

This will enable the League and Clubs to consider all of the relevant facts and information available before making an informed decision on the viability and sustainability of both the 2020 season and the future of the EDFL and its Clubs.

The health, safety and well-being of all EDFL participants, Clubs, personnel and wider community will remain paramount as the League seeks to finalise an outcome on the 2020 season.
Still awhile away then

Not very confident unfortunately. Hope it goes ahead

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

AFL Vic have nothing to do with if the season goes ahead or not.
If the Government say no, then no season.
If the Government say yes, then it’s upto the EDFL and it’s clubs.
Nothing to do with AFL Vic.
One thing for certain, after tonight the power base has shifted to the President and CEO.

One thing for certain, after tonight the power base has shifted to the President and CEO.
Why’s that?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The EDFL need a Peter V'landys type leader!

That’s a complete lie!!
AFLVIC is waiting for the government and health minister to give them the green light or some guidelines on what competitions would look like if they go ahead . Once they get this info AFLVIC then puts in place protocols and safety procedures for each competition and club to start safely. If they can’t adhere to these rules or it’s simply not feasible, then the comp simply doesn’t go ahead.
So yeh I’d say they have a massive say in whether it goes ahead or not!

Does anybody else find it strange that no one has posted anything on the Div 2 page since March 15 .
This happens to be a competition issue , however one whole grade doesnt seem to have any supporters to initiate a conversation or debate.
Probably a true indication of the interest factor of their concern for the EDFL.

When will the public the informed that a vote by board has decided their will be no promotion or relegation if the season goes ahead.

That’s a complete lie!!
AFLVIC is waiting for the government and health minister to give them the green light or some guidelines on what competitions would look like if they go ahead . Once they get this info AFLVIC then puts in place protocols and safety procedures for each competition and club to start safely. If they can’t adhere to these rules or it’s simply not feasible, then the comp simply doesn’t go ahead.
So yeh I’d say they have a massive say in whether it goes ahead or not!
You answered yourself, AFL Vic are WAITING on the Government. The Government decides if playing is an option.

You answered yourself, AFL Vic are WAITING on the Government. The Government decides if playing is an option.
Yeh correct the government decide if it’s a option and then AFL VIC take over and decide what happens from there in regards to safety, canteens, bars etc. So comps just can’t start once yeh government sais its a chance

What happened?

Got a 4 x 4 and ran all over the ground, crashed through gates and fences etc.

Photos here.

Star, I believe that you’re involved down at Strathmore. To your knowledge is the club fully committed to proceeding with both senior and junior football this season?

Hey Stax. Yes fully committed. The entire senior and U18 group has worked hard (within the parameters of health regulations) right through this period. Thank goodness for Strava and Social Media! Juniors resume training (again within government parameters) next week. The board is committed to playing some sort of season but are very clear that the well being of players is the main priority.

That all said, if there are intricate (perhaps even unreasonable) sanitisation requirements, massively increased work loads on volunteers, legal liability issues (all examples) I can see why some clubs/leagues might think it is all too hard. With every passing day however, things get more 'normal' so perhaps the 3 weeks the league has deferred a decision is a positive sign.

Some atrocious damage done up at Highgate to Craigieburn's oval up there. Some people are serious bloody ratbags.
The world changed when elastic on the bottom of jeans came into play and the man bag wasn't a fashion accessory but more an alarm bell to suggest you might be carrying or peddling something ha ha :tearsofjoy:

I have seen drug deals regularly take place in both the car parks there for years, no police presence in Craigieburn whatsoever.
I moved down about 3 months ago and worked out within a week of what happens at a house 100 yards from me.

So much rot in the communities these days, but it's the era of the entitled - little discipline at home in some instances and certainly little to no respect for adults in general, let alone law enforcement.

Last edited:
They went and did the same thing to Greenvale and Roxburgh Park too according to that post by Hume City Council

Betcha they'd be boys or girls who have never been involved in a community activity group or a community sporting club?

Not their fault, but it's the way of the world now, parents etc work around the clock and society trades and stays open 24/7 so opportunities or offerings to get involved aren't as sought or encouraged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back