EDFL Premier Division 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm a supporter of all games being recorded by an independent company but think the fees being charged are ridiculous and need to be contested by the clubs. Why keep hitting clubs with excessive fees.

Also can't wait to see all clubs with electronic scoreboards.

Think clubs also need to have a loud speaker system and provide AFL quarter by quarter scores as well as other EDFL scores. Yes I know we have iPhones etc. I'm also in favour of playing club songs when sides run out and playing the winning clubs song at the conclusion of the match. Would be great for the atmosphere and the young kids will love it..

Thoughts??

Soun
I'm a supporter of all games being recorded by an independent company but think the fees being charged are ridiculous and need to be contested by the clubs. Why keep hitting clubs with excessive fees.

Think clubs also need to have a loud speaker system and provide AFL quarter by quarter scores as well as other EDFL scores. Yes I know we have iPhones etc. I'm also in favour of playing club songs when sides run out and playing the winning clubs song at the conclusion of the match. Would be great for the atmosphere and the young kids will love it..

Thoughts??
sounds like some good ideas there. It's the clubs fault for the excessive charges of the videos. If clubs just went and sourced there own then it would have been cheaper but they insisted the league so do it so they got charged a bigger price so each of the 10 clubs had to coff up. That's what I was told by a club person

Pacco flying under the radar? Will be interested to see how they start the season as in previous years been a bit inconsistent early. Really need to make a statement v West Coburg at Coburg City Oval.
Believe they have found a few good recruits outside the main few. Lost 3 genuine stars in Warren, Thompson & Raven (which was outside their control) and another "big" loss during pre season (once again couldn't be helped, but might return who knows) but covered losses well. Think they will be a quicker side this season..
Could it be the year of the Panther?? Tough season ahead and good luck to all sides. "Well" not all sides.. haha

Turbs,

I believe Abers are also flying under the radar. Plenty of talk about who they have lost and were supposed to lose but they are going ok, trust me.

Anyone from EDS able to provide an update on Fletcher? I saw he is taking on an ambassador typr role at EFC - does this mean he wont be playing games for EDS?

Thoughts??

I couldn't imagine it being too hard with technology these days to do a bit of an "around the grounds" on the electric scoreboard at quarter time/HT/three quarter time? Surely?

Thoughts??
Turbo, Good point that you make. Club Songs = YES great idea. Electronic scoreboards look great and I think Greenvale would have the biggest from what I've seen over the summer. How much are clubs paying for the match day filming? I think this will be great for the supporters that are overseas, away, work and an opportunity for players and coaches to prepare for the next match. If used correctly, could be an advantage for some crafty coaches that invest the time to prepare.

Turbs,

I believe Abers are also flying under the radar. Plenty of talk about who they have lost and were supposed to lose but they are going ok, trust me.

Anyone from EDS able to provide an update on Fletcher? I saw he is taking on an ambassador typr role at EFC - does this mean he wont be playing games for EDS?
Do you expect to see many new faces playing seniors this year from the reserves and 18's of last year?

Soun

sounds like some good ideas there. It's the clubs fault for the excessive charges of the videos. If clubs just went and sourced there own then it would have been cheaper but they insisted the league so do it so they got charged a bigger price so each of the 10 clubs had to coff up. That's what I was told by a club person

Hey mate, you would think going in all together would get you a better deal than each club getting there own, but believe the prices are high and it's only for a game video "no extra"or you will need to cough up more money.

Turbo, Good point that you make. Club Songs = YES great idea. Electronic scoreboards look great and I think Greenvale would have the biggest from what I've seen over the summer. How much are clubs paying for the match day filming? I think this will be great for the supporters that are overseas, away, work and an opportunity for players and coaches to prepare for the next match. If used correctly, could be an advantage for some crafty coaches that invest the time to prepare.

Yeah Greenvales was mostly funded due to Nth Melb premier cricket moving out there. Even the standard scoreboards are excellent and cheaper these days to.

Turbs,

Yes mate can't see Abers falling to far but believe a few other clubs might have better lists ATM.

Hey mate, you would think going in all together would get you a better deal than each club getting there own, but believe the prices are high and it's only for a game video "no extra"or you will need to cough up more money.
You would think. But I'm sure you could get a good deal if you just hired 1 bloke with his video. Where as the league needs 5 blokes and video each week so that requires videoing company whereas if you got your own you could have just got a part time go that does it for some pocket money so his cost won't be as high as a business

Pacco flying under the radar? Will be interested to see how they start the season as in previous years been a bit inconsistent early. Really need to make a statement v West Coburg at Coburg City Oval.
Believe they have found a few good recruits outside the main few. Lost 3 genuine stars in Warren, Thompson & Raven (which was outside their control) and another "big" loss during pre season (once again couldn't be helped, but might return who knows) but covered losses well. Think they will be a quicker side this season..
Could it be the year of the Panther?? Tough season ahead and good luck to all sides. "Well" not all sides.. haha

the question is will you be there Turbos Mail or be watching one of you other teams ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You would think. But I'm sure you could get a good deal if you just hired 1 bloke with his video. Where as the league needs 5 blokes and video each week so that requires videoing company whereas if you got your own you could have just got a part time go that does it for some pocket money so his cost won't be as high as a business
Very hard to get people to do it within a club. It would be a terrible job aspecially videoimg for mighty mick he would want stoppage close ups forward and back set ups bloody nightmare for the poor person behind the lense

On SM-G935F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Alright boys,
Tips time:
Let's as a bit of a laugh keep a tally of all our tips for the year (when posting the following weeks tips just update everyone on how you went the week before) and see who is truly the most knowledgeable on our great league.

For me:
EDS vs Keilor
Abers
vs Greenvale
Strathmore vs Marby
AH vs C'burn
WC vs Pascoe Vale

Alright boys,
Tips time:
Let's as a bit of a laugh keep a tally of all our tips for the year (when posting the following weeks tips just update everyone on how you went the week before) and see who is truly the most knowledgeable on our great league.

For me:
EDS vs Keilor
Abers
vs Greenvale
Strathmore vs Marby
AH vs C'burn
WC vs Pascoe Vale
Keilor
Greenvale (Smokey)
Strathmore
Avondale
Pascoe

On a side note,
Even though I've tipped the Mores (tough being an old Marby boy) - does anyone know how their ones (and twos) have gone through preseason?
Would be great for the club to get an away win on the board across both levels early with WC at home the following week.

On a side note,
Even though I've tipped the Mores (tough being an old Marby boy) - does anyone know how their ones (and twos) have gone through preseason?
Would be great for the club to get an away win on the board across both levels early with WC at home the following week.
Big pre season for marby with a few good performances against Altona and Lavington lots of word around that there is an extra bit of fire this week looking foward to tough game I'm tipping marby
Kelior
Abers
Marby
Avondale
West coburg

Thoughts??

Great idea. I'll mention it to the blokes at Northern.
They already installed loud speaker system installed at the start of last year and use it really well. I'm think one of the Co-Presidents arranged it himself. I've heard them use it at home games. Great innovation for a local team. They acknowledge the visiting teams, the umpires and the crowd and finally thank their sponsors. Half time score update would be a great idea as well

They already installed loud speaker system installed at the start of last year and use it really well. I'm think one of the Co-Presidents arranged it himself. I've heard them use it at home games. Great innovation for a local team. They acknowledge the visiting teams, the umpires and the crowd and finally thank their sponsors. Half time score update would be a great idea as well
Spot on Goalside the Nth Saints loud speaker is a bloody rippa the simple things can have a great impact

I'm an ideas man GS. Some are good some not so good. Haha

Went to a round 1 game at St Albans (WRFL) a few years back and the songs made it a great atmosphere. You could hear it in the bar/Sports Club pre game and know the players are entering the field. Bit like the AFL.

Went to a round 1 game at St Albans (WRFL) a few years back and the songs made it a great atmosphere. You could hear it in the bar/Sports Club pre game and know the players are entering the field. Bit like the AFL.
Please tell us you didn't sing out loud Turbo

At least we know where to find you Turbs old mate! As long as we can hear it in the bar is the key to a good audio system for any meyro/country footy club. But in relation to AFL I reckon you are talking the postive parts of the 'sounds of the G' rather than much of the drivel they bombard us with.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back