Recruiting EFC Trade/Draft Talk III - 1 McClug, 1 Billings (AND ROSS) for 4th rounder get it done dodoro

Who should we take with pick 1?

• Hugh McCluggage

Votes: 202 59.6%
  • Will Brodie

Votes: 50 14.7%
  • SPS

Votes: 13 3.8%
  • Rhys Mathieson

Votes: 30 8.8%
  • Jack Billings

Votes: 22 6.5%
  • Ben Ainsworth

Votes: 9 2.7%
  • A well pickled ham

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • A bag of mouldy spuds

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • A rancid orange

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • A floury apple

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • An over mushy pear

• A rock hard mandarin

• A braised brussel sprout

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
right, so the Hibberd pick could lose 100 pts after Mayne, Vickery and Wells compensation.

Thoughts on getting 4 & 8.
Hibberd pick (melbournes 2016 or 2017 2nd)
Our 2016 2nd & 3rd & 2017 2nd & 3rd
into 4 & 8.

1, 4, 8, 20 this year.
McCluggage
Brodie
Taranto
Bolton

So you would have been happy last year to give up Francis and Parish picks for three 2nds and two 3rd round picks?

dont worry about it. i dunno why people get so upset about the "we're difficult to deal with" stuff.

id rather our LM be difficult to deal with rather than be willing to get reamed each and every trade period.

take the Crows for example, they did the dangerfield deal because they thought it was the right thing to do. stuff that. how u can't get at least 2 first round picks for danger is beyond me, stiff s**t if geelong already committed to giving one up for henderson. pick 9 + gore is a joke for basically the best player in the game. I'm glad knowing our LM wouldnt ever put up with that.

more than happy to have the difficult to trade with tag.

See your logic but poor example....

Danger would have left as a free agent and they would have received nothing. Knew that Danger wanted to return home and knew the money was going to be huge. Got a return at least...

In all seriousness is it worth stuffing your cap for someone that has declared they would like to leave.

I don't think so. Get the best deal you can and move one.

Overs for Melksham last year
Slightly under for Hibberd this year.

What goes around comes around

Trade radio just interviewing Josh Battle it seems he is expected to go in the 15-20 range and was asked who he thought should go pick 1 and said Hugh McCluggage.

If Battle is there at pick 20 surely we take him don't want it to be like last year where we didn't pick Mathieson.

Trade radio just interviewing Josh Battle it seems he is expected to go in the 15-20 range and was asked who he thought should go pick 1 and said Hugh McCluggage.
Dedoro said that we don't need backs which has ruled out McGrath you would think.

And he mentioned that he is after quality midfielders (inside and out), so you could assume that he may be leaning to Brodie or McLuggage.

Dedoro said that we don't need backs which has ruled out McGrath you would think.

And he mentioned that he is after quality midfielders (inside and out), so you could assume that he may be leaning to Brodie or McLuggage.

Can't see us trading pick 1 just take Mcluggage and be done with it the kid is going to be a super star.

Given it was Dodo who picked Morgan last year as a quick rebounding half back, he's probably backing him to develop hence no McGrath

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Battle is there at pick 20 surely we take him don't want it to be like last year where we didn't pick Mathieson.
Yep don't think we would baulk at him, Lloydy loves him

McGrath is a midfielder before defender for mine he would still be in the mix but I feel he is too similar to Parish and Zerrett as a midfielder so we would go McCluggage just for that different type of player.

Just because Mcgrath played his underage footy on the HBF doesn't mean we won't draft him just because we seem pretty sorted in that area.

You recruit the player for his capabilities and skill, I think there's every chance we take Mcgrath purely for his line breaking ability. IF he can work that skill into becoming an accumulator you will have a player that can win the footy inside, outside & break the lines with pace. < which is what we've been begging for.

Just because Mcgrath played his underage footy on the HBF doesn't mean we won't draft him just because we seem pretty sorted in that area.

You recruit the player for his capabilities and skill, I think there's every chance we take Mcgrath purely for his line breaking ability. IF he can work that skill into becoming an accumulator you will have a player that can win the footy inside, outside & break the lines with pace. < which is what we've been begging for.
And that's exactly what he has done in the TAC he averages more touches than anyone and has that mix of inside and outside with breakaway speed from a clearance. People shouldn't be writing of his midfield capabilities he has shown more in the centre than McCluggage has, McCluggage has done most of his damage of a wing and half-forward.

Can anyone give the definitive word on Koby Stevens, anyone seen him in the VFL. If its already been posted, I do apologise. Would he offer anything to us at all?

And that's exactly what he has done in the TAC he averages more touches than anyone and has that mix of inside and outside with breakaway speed from a clearance. People shouldn't be writing of his midfield capabilities he has shown more in the centre than McCluggage has, McCluggage has done most of his damage of a wing and half-forward.

I didn't know he averaged more possies overall, I'm throwing my support behind drafting him at #1.

Too much focus on disposals when watching U18 from supporters.

What is with the Mathieson thing? Thought it was some sort of drawn out joke... do people seriously still want him? I remember at the draft he was one of the ones still there when we picked up Morgan (and Redman), and I thought it was odd at the time that we weren't taking the ones that were touted as top 20 and were sliding.

Watching him play since then he seems like a complete dickhead though. We dodged a bullet. Do not want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back