Prediction Elimination Final: Changes Vs Western Bulldogs (Finals time!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Do our supporters pick teams do they? If you'd got your wish and JL had dropped Walters we probably miss out on a chance of top4 this is why these threads are a load of s**t especially with some of the delusional changes and omissions that get posted.
If I had my wish Walters would have been dropped earlier in the season when he was literally a negative influence. Maybe we would have won more games without carrying him for a good 15 of them?

Fyfe playing as the sole key forward, coming back from injury, against one of the form defenders in the comp.

People in this thread:
View attachment 1484660

I wonder if Freo can carry him against the top side

Obviously he's coming back from injury. If it wasn't fyfe the player would most likely be dropped

Have to be an argument for Meek
Finals mean teams will play two rucks.
Lobb, Tabs and Logue as full time full forwards.
Once Lobb goes into the ruck, all the pressure on Tabs.
Don’t lose much with Meek tbh. He’s fit and surprisingly quick on the ground. Gives Darcy a rest

I wonder if Freo can carry him against the top side

Obviously he's coming back from injury. If it wasn't fyfe the player would most likely be dropped
What does this even mean? Of course because it's Fyfe where trying to get him fit for finals. Because the payoff is humungous. Do you really think a coach puts paper bags over their heads and picks them based on immediate form alone?

Fyfe is on $1.2m a year. Walters is on $750k a year. People have every right to demand more from star players when they’re not performing.

But hey let’s all bash Banfield and his $2000 match payments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fyfe is on $1.2m a year. Walters is on $750k a year. People have every right to demand more from star players when they’re not performing.

But hey let’s all bash Banfield and his $2000 match payments.

People aren't demanding more from Nat Fyfe. Based on nothing more than a late season comeback from injury. It doesn't take a master coach to point out why that's a dumb idea.

What does this even mean? Of course because it's Fyfe where trying to get him fit for finals. Because the payoff is humungous. Do you really think a coach puts paper bags over their heads and picks them based on immediate form alone?

So he can be one of the worst players on the field
Have limited fitness and terrible kicking skills but be given a game

Paper bags no merit yes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tough call.

Lobb, Logue, Tabs all in obviously if fit.

Meek, Banfield definitely out & then it depends on the opponent, Logue will play back vs Carlton and arguably against Geelong too so that puts Walker (I thought he was great) in the gun harshly unless you want Chapman out if looking at backs?

Acres wasn’t great but we’re running out of possibilities, NOD was fantastic, Aish is Mr Reliable & Mr Flexibility.

The small forwards maybe one goes but I doubt it. Freddy if any. Good position for us to be.

Very difficult decisions for the match committee. Maybe Tabs will make the decision easy if he doesn’t get up or Fyfe/Switta may not pull up well.

Why?? We want to win a premiership.

That doesn't get you any closer to a premiership, it's a bad take from any angle. Giving Fyfe some level of continuity to regain some form will make the side far more competitive than replacing him with any X player you are currently thinking deserves his spot.

Playing the current broken Fyfe in our first final could be the dumbest thing we've done since our 2010 SF

He had 9 touches at 55% DE.

Would be thrilled to be proven wrong and have him tear apart a final however. :p

He actually played pretty well today.
Looks like he’s developed as a forward, found better space/leading patterns and competed well with Taylor … most of Taylor’s intercepts were coming while Fyfe was off.

He was rusty … fumbled and misused the pill. Would’ve thought that’s expected given the lack of footy he’s had this year?
If Fyfe finds 70% the touch he has at his best and gets In the spots he was today … he could win us a flag. Wasn’t far from 3/4 goals today

Wouldn't mind bringing Erasmus back after his performance today, although would probably be one change too many with Lobb, Logue and Tabs all on the way back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back