Society/Culture Elon Musk - Takeover of Twitter?

Remove this Banner Ad

This is a good summary.

Sooo he got his wealth from Gov't handouts and other big-shot companies. But he's using it for SpaceX who's ultimate aim is advance civilization and save us from ourselves. Would you rather the Government or Google kept that money?

Surely it'd be more of a problem if he was using this wealth to buy himself Beverly Hills mansions and roll around on yachts flaunting his cash.

He purposefully tanks the corrupt stock market and makes ludicrous offers to disrupt billion dollar companies like Twitter. It seems pretty clear to me preserving his personal wealth and cash isn't his priority.

He seems like everything a progressive would like.

In all honesty how the * are you supposed to change the world in this fashion on such a scale without having billions behind you?

Sooo he got his wealth from Gov't handouts and other big-shot companies. But he's using it for SpaceX who's ultimate aim is advance civilization and save us from ourselves. Would you rather the Government or Google kept that money?

Surely it'd be more of a problem if he was using this wealth to buy himself Beverly Hills mansions and roll around on yachts flaunting his cash.

He purposefully tanks the corrupt stock market and makes ludicrous offers to disrupt billion dollar companies like Twitter. It seems pretty clear to me preserving his personal wealth and cash isn't his priority.

He seems like everything a progressive would like.

In all honesty how the fu** are you supposed to change the world in this fashion on such a scale without having billions behind you?
Let me ask a question. Have you seen what he actually wants, if you take his investments at face value?

The car superhighway below LA? It's essentially a train in which you park your car 'on' a carriage, for exorbitant amounts of money. Space X? It's superfast transport between transport hubs in London, NY, Tokyo, Singapore, Hong Kong, for those who can afford it. His desire to colonise Mars? He builds superheavy cars designed to take impacts not from meteors or space debris, but from bullets.

He's building a future in which he can be as elitist as he is right now, where he and his can look on the lower classes from orbit, or through bulletproof glass.

Let me ask a question. Have you seen what he actually wants, if you take his investments at face value?

The car superhighway below LA? It's essentially a train in which you park your car 'on' a carriage, for exorbitant amounts of money. Space X? It's superfast transport between transport hubs in London, NY, Tokyo, Singapore, Hong Kong, for those who can afford it. His desire to colonise Mars? He builds superheavy cars designed to take impacts not from meteors or space debris, but from bullets.

He's building a future in which he can be as elitist as he is right now, where he and his can look on the lower classes from orbit, or through bulletproof glass.

Yeah, only those with an exorbitant amount of money could afford cars initially too, and to fly etc.

Do we expect all this new stuff to be free? How would the businesses operate without any income to cover the costs of development? He could get more Government grants but no doubt everyone would cry about that too. Hasn't he already dropped some Tesla models prices significantly?

As for this ridiculous conspiracy theory that he's actually planning for an apocalypse akin to a Hunger Games society where wealthy people can hide in their bulletproof gadgets, just lol.

Yeah, only those with an exorbitant amount of money could afford cars initially too, and to fly etc.

Do we expect all this new stuff to be free? How would the businesses operate without any income to cover the costs of development? He could get more Government grants but no doubt everyone would cry about that too. Hasn't he already dropped some Tesla models prices significantly?

As for this ridiculous conspiracy theory that he's actually planning for an apocalypse akin to a Hunger Games society where wealthy people can hide in their bulletproof gadgets, just lol.

I don't recall saying he's planning to live in a teen fiction dystopia, so perhaps reconsider whether you want to put words in my mouth.

Do I expect to all this new stuff to be free? What about the last 100 years would lead you to think that anyone would expect that??? What I do expect is for the future to be for everyone, not merely those who can afford it. I do not think that is too much to ask.

I don't recall saying he's planning to live in a teen fiction dystopia, so perhaps reconsider whether you want to put words in my mouth.

Do I expect to all this new stuff to be free? What about the last 100 years would lead you to think that anyone would expect that??? What I do expect is for the future to be for everyone, not merely those who can afford it. I do not think that is too much to ask.
It used to be 50c to send a text message and 1gb of phone data was $20.

Things get more affordable over time but they start as luxuries for those that can afford it.

Well, what in the past 100 years makes you think that world-changing disruptive technology aka the future should be available to everyone immediately? Only the wealthy could afford automobiles initially whilst the majority were forced to continue using horses.

That's not what he wants, though.

What makes you think that? He's dropped the prices on some Tesla models already. He deliberately trolls Twitter to tank the stock market which just pisses other rich people off, mostly.

Well, what in the past 100 years makes you think that world-changing disruptive technology aka the future should be available to everyone immediately? Only the wealthy could afford automobiles initially whilst the majority were forced to continue using horses.
I'm left here wondering what exactly your point is.
What makes you think that? He's dropped the prices on some Tesla models already. He deliberately trolls Twitter to tank the stock market which just pisses other rich people off, mostly.
Because every single thing he introduces as an innovation or an invention is designed to be prestigious, exclusive, luxurious. He markets directly to the lower upper class, then to the upper middle.

Anyone can troll on twitter. Anyone can try to tank the stock market.

I have another question. Why should progressives like him?

We don't generally like things just for the lulz, CL.

I'm left here wondering what exactly your point is.

Because every single thing he introduces as an innovation or an invention is designed to be prestigious, exclusive, luxurious. He markets directly to the lower upper class, then to the upper middle.

Anyone can troll on twitter. Anyone can try to tank the stock market.

I have another question. Why should progressives like him?

We don't generally like things just for the lulz, CL.

Perhaps the only market that can afford the technology are the lower upper/upper middle. Considering it's new technology therefore expensive to develop, it will have an expensive price tag initially. Then the market price drops as the technology and product becomes more accessible, it's really quite simple. iPhones were marketed towards the same market initially, now errybody has one.

Progressives supposedly want influential people to use their influence to progress society. Mainly address the problems that are contributing to the climate crisis. His initiatives seem to be doing this. And as far as I can tell, for a 'billionaire' he doesn't seem to care much for his wealth. He doesn't own any properties or superyachts. His partner recently complained that all he does is work and eat peanut butter. Now he wants to part with 40 billion for a lol at the Twitter fat cats.

I dunno, he might be a bit of a dick, but all his goals seem to be pretty progressive. But because his company is worth billions he's automatically just another flog.

bL3k9dM.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Weren't people allowed to do that before? I thought they could.
Depended on who was doing the posting. If you were considered a 'wrong thinker' by Twitter's hyper left propagandist operators you wouldn't be able to.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back