Society/Culture Elon Musk - Takeover of Twitter?

Remove this Banner Ad

Another data breach for NSW Pubs and Clubs.

Hopefully some of the dickheads in Canberra (incl the e-safety Commissioner) have their details exposed so they think twice about requiring age verification for the internet.

If Canberra wants to be useful, enact law requiring businesses to delete personal information. Why do pubs and clubs need to capture and store your personal ID anyway?
This, only a lot.

Plenty of people would trust the cops more than government. I do.

You know that the cops are the govt, right?
You know that the health care system is also the govt, right?
People trust the healthcare system too.

But they don't trust the govt. Go figure.

You know that the cops are the govt, right?
Disagree.
You know that the health care system is also the govt, right?
Disagree.
People trust the healthcare system too.
I don't.
But they don't trust the govt. Go figure.
Government funds the police and provides some oversight. The cops are not the government, nor is the health system.

I've rarely had bad experiences with the cops except the times I drove cop-magnet cars. I lost some trust in cops over their actions during the pandemic, but overall I think they're genuine and decent people. I couldn't say the same for many pollies - which actually form government.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who do you define as "the government"?
I'm thinking of government in terms of the leading political party, both state and federal, along with the system that gives minor parties and the opposition input.

I'm aware there's other ways of looking at government (including local), but that's the context I'm using.

Last edited:
I am skeptical.
80% say they trust the po-po.
It's Australia most people are weirdly pro cop for a country that supposedly celebrates Ned Kelly

data is also maybe a year two old, if you polled people today on whether they trust cops you might get a few more say no but its highly likely to not be that different logic doesn't come into this really for most people

also different people will see the government as different things

and people can trust some departments more than others

It's Australia most people are weirdly pro cop for a country that supposedly celebrates Ned Kelly

data is also maybe a year two old, if you polled people today on whether they trust cops you might get a few more say no but its highly likely to not be that different logic doesn't come into this really for most people

larrakin culture (trusting the police)

Beyond the police being part of our system of governance, a majority of Australians would have no real reason to mistrust the police based on personal experience.

Many Australians seem to want society policed to the nth degree until it affects them. That's where much of the support for police comes from.

I don't claim to be a smart man, but I'm confident that I'm smarter than every Twitter user combined.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back