Podcast Ep. 7.44 - The Monkeys Off The Back

Remove this Banner Ad

If Marshall isn't fit, who do we bring in to replace him?

Thoughts on Jones and Schofield? Where do you see them sitting in the draft? What do you like about them and what do you think they need to get better at?

Who else do you like in this draft for Port given we are likely to have one remaining pick after bids in the third round?

Outside of Brad Crouch, are there any other players you would like to see us go for in the offseason? Lewis Young, Paddy Dow, Cedric Cox, Sam Durdin etc.

Can we organise for Macca19 to be the boundary rider / special comments guy at the next game or would dwarfing the IQ of the current crew be too jarring?

Do we need to add more run or more height to combat Saint Richmond?

Are we guaranteed to get Lachie Jones or can a spanner be thrown in the works. Can someone explain how this will work in the draft? Can someone else bid on him and then we have to match it? Do we have enough points to match if he is a top 10 pick as is being suggested? Thanks.

I’m still disappointed with Rick saying Butters won’t make 200 games at Port!

Were we happy with our scoring avenues from the game and do you think we will need one of the talls to do more? Hold a mark in the 50, kick goals etc..
Yeah Rick what kind of a bet is that. Boooooooooo.

Nice prediction by Portia on Motlop.. you could really see he was building over the last couple weeks of the H&A season.

Happy for you all to have such an amazing year of Ports to discuss after so many years on the podcast, thanks :thumbsu:

Our mindset has changed, we seem far less flakey and mentally weak than previous years. Why?

Absolutely vast majority of media saying we only won because Geelong were poor that game and replay of that game would have us losing ( no mention of a man down either)

I had faith but am starting to waver.

What is your absolute honest unbiased opinion?

Were we just lucky?

Absolutely vast majority of media saying we only won because Geelong were poor that game and replay of that game would have us losing ( no mention of a man down either)

I had faith but am starting to waver.

What is your absolute honest unbiased opinion?

Were we just lucky?

14 wins in the minor round in 2020, with that logic there must be 14/17 clubs that all played poor games against us. What if we made these teams play poorly?

14 wins in the minor round in 2020, with that logic there must be 14/17 clubs that all played poor games against us. What if we made these teams play poorly?
I thought that too but over past 3 days Bickley, Luke Hodge, Lingy ( yeah I know) and Terry Wallace have all said it was an abberation by Geelong and we basically got lucky.

I thought that too but over past 3 days Bickley, Luke Hodge, Lingy ( yeah I know) and Terry Wallace have all said it was an abberation by Geelong and we basically got lucky.

You need a bit of luck in any contest worth winning and to be honest, I have very little confidence in these so call experts over the border. I mean how many of our matches have they actually watched or analyzed by these experts? You only have to watch how little media feedback (snubbed) we have been getting all year from the Vic base media.

Bickley on the other hand wouldn't know where Alberton is even if you point it on a map to him.

Did Portia see the comments on Twitter that grant Thomas made about Ken Hinkley.
Thomas said that Hinkley had under performed for the last 4 or 5 years. That this year he is basically just finally living up to what he should have been doing previously given the talent on our list during those years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did Portia see the comments on Twitter that grant Thomas made about Ken Hinkley.
Thomas said that Hinkley had under performed for the last 4 or 5 years. That this year he is basically just finally living up to what he should have been doing previously given the talent on our list during those years.

About right IMO

You need a bit of luck in any contest worth winning and to be honest, I have very little confidence in these so call experts over the border. I mean how many of our matches have they actually watched or analyzed by these experts? You only have to watch how little media feedback (snubbed) we have been getting all year from the Vic base media.

Bickley on the other hand wouldn't know where Alberton is even if you point it on a map to him.
Well I'd be happy for us to be extremely lucky twice more this year, and walk away with a lucky premiership.

He can't read maps unless they are done in charcoal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back