Premier Lg EPL Matchday 11 - On Optus Sport

Premier League Football

Remove this Banner Ad

It was 1-1 when you went down to 9.
How is that relevant to my comment. I clearly said 15 mins to go we had 9 and were behind.
It's one of Ange's weaknesses. I should know I have followed him most of his career right back to the NSL days.

He doesn't have a plan b for unique scenarios. Play compact, force Chelsea wide and counter was the way to go. I got into the mega mini and honestly the goals Chelsea scored were FIFA like in their ease plus they had chances galore. They could / should have put 6+ away and that is not good.

Interesting to see what he does with an undermanned squad next week.

Either way COYA
Frankly, don't give a toss.
We've played turgid football and lost for 3 years. Play at breakneck speed all the time and I'll enjoy Ange win-lose-draw.

Ange has gone to plan b many times in his career and he’s done it this season to protect leads. Hasn’t been scared subbing Maddison and Son. Tried to give them a chance with 9 men …didn’t quite work. Not many teams would’ve coped with 9 and losing three starting defenders

Ange has gone to plan b many times in his career and he’s done it this season to protect leads. Hasn’t been scared subbing Maddison and Son. Tried to give them a chance with 9 men …didn’t quite work. Not many teams would’ve coped with 9 and losing three starting defenders

The Ange does't have a "plan B" argument is nonsense.

He wins stuff, lots of stuff and probably hasn't had to resort to alternative arrangements very often.

Armchair experts taking potshots after one game where Spurs could have very well taken something late on should be summarily dismissed. The Spurs fans, who are the only ones that count have overwhelmingly endorsed Ange's tactics yesterday. You only had to listen to them serenading the guy at the end of the game as evidence of this.

I loved it. It's a big middle finger and a resounding FU to the anti-football faction of fans. Ange is re-instilling, brick by brick the "to dare is to do" mantra that the THFC was built on. Long may it continue.

Last edited:
The Ange does't have a "plan B" argument is nonsense.

He wins stuff, lots of stuff and probably hasn't had to resort to alternative arrangements very often.

Armchair experts taking potshots after one game where Spurs could have very well taken something late on should be summarily dismissed. The Spurs fans, who are the only ones that count have overwhelmingly endorsed Ange's tactics yesterday. You only had to listen to them serenading the guy at the end of the game.

I loved it. It's a big middle finger and a resounding FU to the anti-football faction of fans. Ange is re-instilling, brick by brick the "to dare it so do" mantra that the THFC was built on. Long may it continue.

I agree, the tactics worked great in keeping Chelsea out.

That's a strange headline to use when the honeymoon's now over.

But that's the thing (apologies if you were playing for humour and I missed it), even after Chelsea won 4-1 the football world is only talking about the daring tactics employed by Ange. I cannot recall a time where a team has lost a game 4-1 where the losing team has taken more from the loss than the team that won the game. Nobody is talking about a Chelsea resurgence but plenty are talking about the bravery of Spurs and of a team that gave everything for a losing cause.

Rest assured, Chelsea got 3 points but Spurs took so much more from that game yesterday. That is exactly the sort of performance that galvanises a squad. The fans were chuffed with it and the players, manager and club know it.

But that's the thing (apologies if you were playing for humour and I missed it), even after Chelsea won 4-1 the football world is only talking about the daring tactics employed by Ange. I cannot recall a time where a team has lost a game 4-1 where the losing team has taken more from the loss than the team that won the game. Nobody is talking about a Chelsea resurgence but plenty are talking about the bravery of Spurs and of a team that gave everything for a losing cause.

Rest assured, Chelsea got 3 points but Spurs took so much more from that game yesterday. That is exactly the sort of performance that galvanises a squad. The fans were chuffed with it and the players, manager and club know it.

Yeah I was being sarcastic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zero class. Sums up an embarrassing night for that football club.

may have something to do with Gallagher carrying on like a royal prat all night and Bissouma having none of it. Then when Connor tried to play the "nice" card and didn't get what he wanted it came to blows.

Classic narcissist behaviour

Staggering that this iteration of gosha is more worthless than the last few. Ignore time, less than 2 days would be a record.
Hopefully the ban hammer will be swift again. Sending a beer to the guy who pulls the trigger.

may have something to do with Gallagher carrying on like a royal prat all night and Bissouma having none of it. Then when Connor tried to play the "nice" card and didn't get what he wanted it came to blows.

Classic narcissist behaviour
Even UFC fighters after all the insults/abuse hurled at each other pre-fight are capable of acknowledging it’s a sport and can hug it out/shake hands after the contest. Extremely disappointing from Bissouma. He clearly let his ego get in the way of sportsmanship. Shocking look. Hopefully not many young kids see that.

Don't know why anyone cares if someone doesn't shake hands.

I'd just think "what a dick" and move on. Not worth getting too bothered about.

So you think they're a dick if they don't. Suggests you care, just for less time than others.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back