EPL Matchday 17

Remove this Banner Ad

unsure who else will be out. walker and gabby i think will miss, but no real idea of anyone else who potentially tested positive. i think cancelo has been rumoured.
Heard Ederson.

Spurs frontline attackers do worry me a lot, especially if they get a lot of opportunity to score from set pieces (which we have been rather poor against the better teams in the Premier League)

Despite their current winless streak, Tottenham are several hundred zillion tiers above Burnley and West Brom as a team, and given they have an extended rest over the Fulham game being postponed, i am not taking them lightly. Would be thrilled with a draw.
Spurs are gonna slap you. It's nice that you try to play football which a lot of the other smaller clubs dont do but when you open up against quality teams, they burn you. Kane and Son gonna score plenty.

Spurs are gonna slap you. It's nice that you try to play football which a lot of the other smaller clubs dont do but when you open up against quality teams, they burn you. Kane and Son gonna score plenty.

Didn't you guys get battered 7-2 by a good honest team of battlers in Villa ?

Don't think we will win, but under Mourinho's current dour and un-adventurous somewhat formations and game style, I do not believe that we will get slapped around like we did at Old Trafford.

Think Spurs will win, in part due to the extra rest they have had, and our unreliable defending from set pieces, but we will give a very account of ourselves, especially when we are now back into Leeds vs The World Siege mentality 👍👍👍

Beat West Ham and maybe I'll start to believe we can do something this season. Still waiting for the inevitable Everton collapse.

Beat West Ham and maybe I'll start to believe we can do something this season. Still waiting for the inevitable Everton collapse.

Europa League is probably the best The Toffees can achieve this season.. Not saying Everton are crap, they are a very good team with a world class manager, but just do not believe you have enough talent overall in your best 11 to have a serious shake at getting a Champions League spot.

Still your club is in a lot better shape than it was a couple of years ago (when it looked like you could be involved in a relegation dog fight)

Still a long way to play out in the rest of the season, I was really crestfallen after we got thumped at Old Trafford, but we have picked up some much needed wins since.

What a joke...

Walker decides to organise a massive coke fueled orgy in london (resulting in the current covid outbreak in the epl) and we (everton) are only told that the game is postponed after its been decided. 3 points should be awarded to us.

19 players, 11 positive cases so far (including 4 fulham players).

What a joke...

Walker decides to organise a massive coke fueled orgy in london (resulting in the current covid outbreak in the epl) and we (everton) are only told that the game is postponed after its been decided. 3 points should be awarded to us.

19 players, 11 positive cases so far (including 4 fulham players).

Wasn't that in April?

Or has he done another one?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still dont get what Everton think they could have contributed to discussions.
Well if a number of players have breached Covid protocol that has led to a postponement I’d argue opposition has some argument to be given the points. Isn’t this just a Twitter rumour though?

Well if a number of players have breached Covid protocol that has led to a postponement I’d argue opposition has some argument to be given the points. Isn’t this just a Twitter rumour though?
If anything happened that shouldnt have, the consequences will be sorted later. I'm not sure what the rules are, I'd be surprised if forfeit is an option (we dont want to discourage clubs from reporting potential outbreaks).

On the day though it was simply a matter of whether or not it was safe for the game to go ahead. And as much as Everton might not like it, their opinions on that matter are totally irrelevant.

I would have thought both clubs involved in the match should have been notified of the potential of postponement before the announcement was actually made, if for no other reason than courtesy. Would have impacted the preparation the Everton players did that day, and being told at the very last minute may well have basically wasted a day for them that could have been otherwise used on training.

At the end of the day the more important factor is just how the City players became infected and if it really was a Walker party - and having priors with this - there really should be some form of harsh punishment for him.

Everton was notified that morning.
I would have thought both clubs involved in the match should have been notified of the potential of postponement before the announcement was actually made, if for no other reason than courtesy. Would have impacted the preparation the Everton players did that day, and being told at the very last minute may well have basically wasted a day for them that could have been otherwise used on training.

At the end of the day the more important factor is just how the City players became infected and if it really was a Walker party - and having priors with this - there really should be some form of harsh punishment for him.

Fulham made no contact with us. Our players and staff sat in our lodge waiting for hours to find out if it was going ahead.

I tend to think Tottenham should be cleared of any wrong doing in this instance. This has not been the first time Fulham players have breeched Covid protocols. In fact, I think they should forfeit the game and just give Spurs the 3 points (which seemed a very likely prospect anyway)

If anything happened that shouldnt have, the consequences will be sorted later. I'm not sure what the rules are, I'd be surprised if forfeit is an option (we dont want to discourage clubs from reporting potential outbreaks).

On the day though it was simply a matter of whether or not it was safe for the game to go ahead. And as much as Everton might not like it, their opinions on that matter are totally irrelevant.

If what was reported is true City should have been made to play the game with everyone available that wasn't at the party or a defined close contact. Everton are within their rights to be annoyed if the story getting leaked is true. 11 players out might be difficult to deal with but when you're responsible for it tough t***ies. We've had to play a couple of fixtures with up to 10 players unavailable and got on with it without complaint.

In just over 24 hours time, the Big Footy Premier League board (association football) grudge match kicks off, Tottenham vs Leeds.

THIS TIME ITS PERSONAL !!!

Tottenham-vs-Leeds-prediction-tips-1378070.webp

(Watching the latest series of Cobra Kai has kind of got me fired up lol)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back