EPL Matchday 37 - On Optus Sport

Remove this Banner Ad

Martin Tyler and Rob Green watched the replay 6 times and kept telling us how good a finish it was by Calum Wilson when it clearly came off Ben White.
I noticed that too.

First time and first reply hard to tell, but then you can see on another angle it's off White. Strange it was never mentioned.

I noticed that too.

First time and first reply hard to tell, but then you can see on another angle it's off White. Strange it was never mentioned.

I nearly nodded off a couple of times with the two of them prattling away. But Tyler did make a good point that some of the old goalscoring tallies by players were inflated as own goals were often awarded to the striker. He mentioned Malcolm McDonald.

Experts are alarmed by the global re-emergence of the once-believed-extinct Artetus Outus.
The obnoxious primate, which is seen loudly repeating slogans such as "I've had enough Robbie" and "Get him out, fam" was believed to have been wiped out a week ago, but is now said to be multiplying rapidly.
Its only natural predator, the critically endangered Serinus Canaria, recently encountered a setback to its survival when radio host Alan Partridge accidentally shot one of the few remaining adults at the species' only known safe haven in Norwich.

Scientists are planning a mass asphyxiation of S. Canaria's main predator, the Gallus domesticus, in order to prevent Artetus outus numbers from going out of control. G. domesticus is said to particularly susceptible to this cause of death.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep.👍

All pisstaking aside though, I can’t get enthusiastic about City winning another title given how they operate.

City is a club with no culture and a heap of plastic fans who have crawled out from the sewer in recent years.

Would honestly prefer any other side to be winning trophies. City is a homogeneous and soulless entity.
not really true though is it

Absolutely it is.

When you can park guys like Mahrez and Grealish on your bench for extended periods of a season then something is wrong with the sport.
mahrez and grealish have played plenty of minutes

To say a club that has been around for 130 years and experienced numerous highs and lows to have no culture is quite bizarre. Also where are all these plastic fans, I thought we had no fans?

Yep.

All pisstaking aside though, I can’t get enthusiastic about City winning another title given how they operate.

City is a club with no culture and a heap of plastic fans who have crawled out from the sewer in recent years.

Would honestly prefer any other side to be winning trophies. City is a homogeneous and soulless entity.
Bingo

9e8c8bfe4567e956535b3fdd402d56bd.jpg

mahrez and grealish have played plenty of minutes

To say a club that has been around for 130 years and experienced numerous highs and lows to have no culture is quite bizarre. Also where are all these plastic fans, I thought we had no fans?

In the league, Grealish averages 70 minutes in the games he actually plays (26 only this season, unused sub 7 times). Mahrez averages 53 minutes and is off the bench half of the time. That is two players that City paid a combined total of 115m for. Let's not exaggerate how many minutes these guys play. They are stockpiled talent, on City's books to not only play when needed but as a way of stopping competing clubs getting hold of top end players. As a football fan I want to see the best players playing, not getting rigor mortis on the leather racing car benches of filthy rich clubs who can afford to put them there.

Whatever culture the club had was sold down the crapper the moment the sportswashers stepped in with their oil money.

Mind you, I am not entirely ruling out Uncle Joe selling Spurs to a buyer with a similar profile and at that point the sport will probably be dead to me. I am still disgusted that Daniel Levy was part of the breakaway group of greedy clubs trying to form their own rogue competition.

In the league, Grealish averages 70 minutes in the games he actually plays (26 only this season, unused sub 7 times). Mahrez averages 53 minutes and is off the bench half of the time. That is two players that City paid a combined total of 115m for. Let's not exaggerate how many minutes these guys play. They are stockpiled talent, on City's books to not only play when needed but as a way of stopping competing clubs getting hold of top end players. As a football fan I want to see the best players playing, not getting rigor mortis on the leather racing car benches of filthy rich clubs who can afford to put them there.

Whatever culture the club had was sold down the crapper the moment the sportswashers stepped in with their oil money.

Mind you, I am not entirely ruling out Uncle Joe selling Spurs to a buyer with a similar profile and at that point the sport will probably be dead to me. I am still disgusted that Daniel Levy was part of the breakaway group of greedy clubs trying to form their own rogue competition.
I get the sports washing criticism and like you I don't like it. May have even had this same argument on here before. But long time non plastic City fans had no say in it...so i can see why they stick around thinking it was my club before.

Closer to home your team the Hawks and my team both operate pokies...and in the western suburbs where both clubs have never previously had any interest in. They contribute to the misery of people who are destroyed by the machines. I'm sure you like me despise the pokies but would you stop supporting your club? Not the same as human rights abuses but still morally dubious.

Seems to me that when people cite the likes of Mahrez (188 appearances for the club) and Grealish (31 starts in his first season) as examples of us stockpiling talent but never mention the likes of Van der Beek, Keita, Pepe, even Sanchez at Spurs that were being judged by a different standard to others.

We've not got a big squad, it's one of the smaller in the league. But it is stacked full of quality and certainly didn't come cheaply. But it's a squad built to compete in every competition we go in.

The thought that we buy players to stop them from playing someone else is a stupid one.

We wasted money, they wasted their careers(RLC shouldnt be on that list though).
RLC has wasted his career not through you guys wasting money. Just a player not at the level held onto with the odd carrot dangled. The other two guilty on both sides, yours for spending what you did and the players/agents for taking the money rather than getting the most out of their careers

Seems to me that when people cite the likes of Mahrez (188 appearances for the club) and Grealish (31 starts in his first season) as examples of us stockpiling talent but never mention the likes of Van der Beek, Keita, Pepe, even Sanchez at Spurs that were being judged by a different standard to others.

We've not got a big squad, it's one of the smaller in the league. But it is stacked full of quality and certainly didn't come cheaply. But it's a squad built to compete in every competition we go in.

The thought that we buy players to stop them from playing someone else is a stupid one.

Have you seen Sanchez play? He doesn't get a game because he is terrible. He's only in the side at the moment because Romero is injured.

Mahrez and Grealish are genuine world class talents who sit on your bench. Their combined value alone would almost buy a few Premier League squads. If the FFP rules were implemented fairly this would never be allowed to happen. What City is allowed to get away with is an obscenity. The Premier League is still trying to pull apart how they operate and the Court of Arbitration for Sport is a puppet court.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back