EPL Matchday 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry guys, but Zidane98 is right to have his opinion even if you dont agree(i don't agree with it either). Telling him to shut up or name calling is not right.

Put him on ignore if you dont want to read his posts.
I dont want to hear your opinion on Zidanes opinion, shutup.

;)

We copped one away vs Chelsea just this season that was worse (but still a pen).

Interestingly that one didnt cause half the forum to chuck a hissy fit.

I wonder why.

I don't think there was enough contact in the Werner incident v Liverpool to be a pen either. I think there needs to an adjustment to the interpretation for slight contact like there has been for handball.

I doubt there is some kind of conspiracy against Liverpool here. I would say that decision was overshadowed by the Christiansen haul down on Mane, Then the subsequent applause from the stands for the red card - that Klopp did his nut on.

You are the one wearing glasses. I'm not a Liverpool supporter or hater. You will be having a massive sook if Sterling goes down in the area like this on sunday.

What John Barnes said.

In 2020 it’s penalty but I’m not a big fan of that. I don’t feel any touch is necessarily a penalty. It has to be enough to make you go over. It’s a contact sport. I’m pleased it’s happened and he does touch him but it’s a bit soft.​

What Souness said.

I don't give that if I'm a referee in the Premier League. I've seen Salah do this time and time again. This is totally an unnatural way to fall. Look, he doesn't actually kick him, the West Ham player makes contact with his ankle. I think it's careless and given an enormous invitation for Salah to throw himself to the ground. For me I think it's a really harsh penalty and that's coming from a Liverpool supporter.​
Just look at the reaction from a couple of years back when Lovren shoved over Calvert Lewin...

I don't think there was enough contact in the Werner incident v Liverpool to be a pen either. I think there needs to an adjustment to the interpretation for slight contact like there has been for handball.

I doubt there is some kind of conspiracy against Liverpool here. I would say that decision was overshadowed by the Christiansen haul down on Mane, Then the subsequent applause from the stands for the red card - that Klopp did his nut on.

Werner was a pen, annoying as it was. Still clipped even though in that case there was no actual challenge.

Werner was a pen, annoying as it was. Still clipped even though in that case there was no actual challenge.

A penalty is an almost certain goal. But the laws of the game don't differentiate between fouls outside and inside the box. i think we have moved too far in awarding free kicks, including penalties, for any slight contact.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was replying to someone who said that not one West Ham player remonstrated, complained or threw their arms up. Clearly that wasn't the case.

Liverpool legends Graeme Souness and John Barnes both said Salah took a dive, and that it wasn't his first time. Yes, there was some slight contact but then he squealed and threw himself to the ground. Not every slight touch on an opposition player should be given as a foul. It will bite him in the arse because getting a reputation as a diver will mean the refs won't give him free kicks that he actually deserves.
We have been saying it will bite him on the butt for 3 years, yet still on a regular basis he gets the decisions more often than not in these circumstances

Rodrigo self isolating after a close contact and Raphinha our with an ankle.

Will be a miracle if we win this with our defensive injuries.

Rodrigo self isolating after a close contact and Raphinha our with an ankle.

Will be a miracle if we win this with our defensive injuries.
? Cooper’s back, Leicester have Evans and Castagne out plus Soyuncu so no excuses.

Although with Rodrigo and Raph out it doesn’t leave much on the bench. Hernandez starts at least

? Cooper’s back, Leicester have Evans and Castagne out plus Soyuncu so no excuses.

Although with Rodrigo and Raph out it doesn’t leave much on the bench. Hernandez starts at least

Phillips and Llorente are still injured, Llorente would be playing CDM.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back