Roast Essendon in no mans land

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe one day we'll get to describe North as just mediocre
Hey mate, thanks for the feedback.

Could you let me know the date of Essendon's last final win?

Cheers,
Engimal v3

Cheers,
Engimal v3

Can you list, in the 100 years North has been in the VFL/AFL (164 games), all the times they have beaten Essendon by 10 goals or more?

You must really be revelling in your 2014 and 2015 Grand Final wins after your final/s wins (which could only be orchestrated by Essendon's current coach) ... oh wait. Dani Laidley couldn't even win a final in her entire tenure as senior coach.

Minnow club on every level. Although minnow right now would be kind. I would be trying to focus on other clubs in the competition as well to take the mind away from the joke that is NM if I was you. Clean up your backyard first.

Can you list, in the 100 years North has been in the VFL/AFL (164 games), all the times they have beaten Essendon by 10 goals or more?

You must really be revelling in your 2014 and 2015 Grand Final wins after your final/s wins (which could only be orchestrated by Essendon's current coach) ... oh wait. Dani Laidley couldn't even win a final in her entire tenure as senior coach.

Minnow club on every level. Although minnow right now would be kind. I would be trying to focus on other clubs in the competition as well to take the mind away from the joke that is NM if I was you. Clean up your backyard first.

Go win a final post release of The Incredibles 🫵🤣

Fair enough.

However, until Essendon snaps that infamous finals wins streak people are entitled to keep asking whether the current list is the real deal.
Oh 100%, no arguments there.

oh wait. Dani Laidley couldn't even win a final in her entire tenure as senior coach.
Round: Semi Final Venue: M.C.G. Date: Sat, 15-Sep-2007 7:30 PM Attendance: 74981​
Kangaroos
Hawthorn
Qrt margin
KA by 8
KA by 8
KA by 17
KA by 33
Qrt scores
KA 21-13
14-14
KA 26-17
KA 32-16

(Log in to remove this ad.)

95% probably a better indicator of where they’re at. But they’re winning games of footy and that is the most important thing.
While I agree with that, it's only a result of one terrible loss vs Port. Uncompetitive in 1 of 8 games and losing only 1 of the 7 competitive games (away to the current top team) is much better than I expected before the season.

As we saw last year, the only thing that matters now is banking the wins and aiming to peak in the second half of the year.

We'll eventually get thrashed by someone else and this thread will be bumped, but I'm pretty happy with the brand of football after Port.

While I agree with that, it's only a result of one terrible loss vs Port. Uncompetitive in 1 of 8 games and losing only 1 of the 7 competitive games (away to the current top team) is much better than I expected before the season.

As we saw last year, the only thing that matters now is banking the wins and aiming to peak in the second half of the year.

We'll eventually get thrashed by someone else and this thread will be bumped, but I'm pretty happy with the brand of football after Port.

Yep W/L far more important than %

I had Essendon 7-12 probably a bit higher than most but they are still exceeding even the biggest Bomber nuffies expectation. They have a friendly draw from here so finals should be the aim, if they just miss out they can know they're on the right track.

This thread should only really be bumped if it goes absolutely **** up.

Pies and Blues fans talking positively about Essendon, I see through your reverse psychology.
Think About It GIF by Identity

Yep W/L far more important than %

I had Essendon 7-12 probably a bit higher than most but they are still exceeding even the biggest Bomber nuffies expectation. They have a friendly draw from here so finals should be the aim, if they just miss out they can know they're on the right track.

This thread should only really be bumped if it goes absolutely **** up.
Have we had a hard draw so far?

Essendon are still another year away from being a good side. I was sceptical that they would ever get there after round 4. They were terrible against Hawthorn, St Kilda and Port, though they did have a crack against Sydney. However, the improvement in Jones, Caldwell, and Perkins is a big step for us. McGrath has been great and so has Merrett. Essendon has Hayes and Ridley to come back and Setterfield as well. That will make a big difference to our defensive set up and defensive efforts around the ball.

We also have improvement in Parish, Gresham and Draper this year I think.

However, until we get genuinely dangerous small forward short of being a good team. We still have plenty of money in the tank for a FA this year, 6 quality young guys not getting a game yet. If 3 or 4 of those go on to be solid players we're doing well.

But yeah, 95% does sum up where we are, taking into account Port played their best game against us and we dropped our bundle after half time. So we're probably more like a 100% side. That makes us 50/50 against mainly sides currently outside of the 8.

We should’ve won by 5 goals. A poor night of execution kept you in it.

Maybe - but still not exactly worthy of bragging rights.

No matter where you finish on the table (and I do think you'll make the eight), surely winning a final is the passing grade.

Cheers,
Engimal v3
im so happy North Melbourne count the 2016 finals win as the ultimate success

seriously, the infatuation with the finals win is sad and pathetic. Mediocre clubs celebrate mediocre results

im so happy North Melbourne count the 2016 finals win as the ultimate success

seriously, the infatuation with the finals win is sad and pathetic. Mediocre clubs celebrate mediocre results

North Melbourne made finals in 2016, but didn't win one. Regardless, most clubs actually celebrate finals wins - it's Essendon that's the outlier by being perennial losers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back