Essendon - Trades? Whats Possible?

Remove this Banner Ad

Lovett is the only Essendon player on the table. Don't even bother talking about guys like Dyson, Nash, McPhee etc etc.

Lovett has had issues off field which were all personal. Nothing like the extent of Kerr, Cousins, Didak. I beleive a change of scenery could work well for him. Interstate would be his best bet. A pick between 25-30 would be most likely. Knights wants draft picks, not players.

He also has no intentions of trading any youth. This season was terrible with regards to injuries. Many players (alah McPhee) were playing all over the place and never got settled. It was a very tough season to judge players form and performance.

Btw - Lovett will NOT go unless Essendon is happy with the price. Word is Lovett very much wants to stay at Essendon and the reality check of being on the trade table may just be the thing he needs to get his act together! So keeping him after all this trade hoopla is a very likely option for the DONS.

Look what happened with Josh Hill over last year's summer break. Sometimes all it takes is a good reality check.

Pack up lovett , with 4th Rounder To Richmond for Newman.

packup stanton & Dyson, send him to freo for a there first rounder.

Packup McPhee send him to West Coast For Staker + 4th rounder.

Packup Nash + (a rookie) + our first rounder and send him to melbourne for a pick 1.
(5 + a rookie+ nash for 1)

Hooker + 4th Rounder For Swallow?

Atkinson + 2nd rounder for Prismall .

Pickup Rich & possibly nata.

+ Others prospects in the draft ?

no wonder some people think bigfooty is full of morons.

I dont mind Lovett as a player - saw him over here at East Perth before he got drafted by you guys. His pace is something Freo really could use and now we have finally parted ways with Farmer we have the room (financially and off-field) to accommodate him. Additionally, Dyson was courted by Freo last year with the thinking a pacey long-kicking wingman would really suit Subi. I would also like Mcphee back and would gladly trade you Headland!!

Stanton most possessions in the team this year. Why would you get rid of your most prolific possession getter???

You know as well as I do he is quite a limited footballer. He isn't a good kick and he often makes poor decisions. He won't stick his head over the pill when he should and he has more than a few questions marks over his ability to knuckle down off-field aswell as on-field.

He is a core-age footballer with some natural ability. Essendon don't have too many of them. They know his game and they know the bloke. If he is put up for trade, I would respect their footy department enough to suggest they are making the right call and he is not worth looking at.

You are hit and miss here.Yes, he is a limited footballer, but your points are either wrong or exagerated. He is a great kick, his decision making is fine, he doesn't stick his head over the pill much (but he is an outside mid). He has minor question marks over his knuckling down (Missing two training sessions aint earth shattering in anyone's book). He has more than "some" natural ability. He is limited by the fact he is a great attacking player but has very little defensive game.But the main point you are wrong in is to suggest that because Essendon may be looking to trade him, he is obviously a lost cause and not worth picking up.The reason so many Bombers fans are talking about trading Lovett is because we really want to maximise our draft picks this year and he seems to be the only logical player who we could get rid of to do this. We would love to palm off Dyson or Nash etc, but would not get anything for them and we are not the sort of club to ditch ageing stars like Lucas or Lloyd.So Lovett is the only natural fit. This is why Essendon fans are always throwing his name up, often over valuing him, while meanwhile opposition fans suggest he must be a lost cause and often undervalue him. Overall, we would love either three picks in the top 30 or to upgrade our second round to a first, and trading Lovett is our best chance to do this.

I'm in 2 minds about stanton, have no doubt he can play however doesn't seem to be damaging enough. One big plus is his engine he can run all day having said that he lacks that bit of mongrel and killer instinct all elite midfielders should have. He seems either scared or lazy at times when it comes time to attack the ball in a contested situation.

I think we should keep him but he really needs to do more next year than just get 20 touches and pretend to look good. Over the next 2 or so years you'll see Myers, Reimers, Houli and possibly Dempsey comptete to play a similar role, not to mention guys like Watson and Lonergan who I think have cemented their place on the ball for quite some time.

Hopefully he proves me wrong and kicks as$ next year

Packup Nash + (a rookie) + our first rounder and send him to melbourne for a pick 1.

stupid people like u is a embarrasment to essedon fc

Are you serious!! Staker is a crab... inconsistent, soft and gutless..
And you forgot laycock, maybe we can offload him to the W.A state under10 netball team for a straight swap with there half time oranage cutter:p

laycock is s**t and should b traded... if any other club is that stupid. i cant beleve he got a new contract. robbie warnock is the guy we shoulda given acontract to.

stanton is good, i lyk him, he'll stay.

mcphee should be traded. i hate him. he's to busy worryin bout his hair and tensing his arms at the ladies to play footy.

lovett is trade bait. so is dyson. they should both get a lot of bites, especially dysoon, as he's still pretty young.

laycock is s**t and should b traded... if any other club is that stupid. i cant beleve he got a new contract. robbie warnock is the guy we shoulda given acontract to.

mcphee should be traded. i hate him. he's to busy worryin bout his hair and tensing his arms at the ladies to play footy.

lovett is trade bait. so is dyson. they should both get a lot of bites, especially dysoon, as he's still pretty young.

ive got an idea why dont we just trade another 8 players to go along with the other 8 that were already delisted. that would be a great idea, just start getting rid of a team of youngsters while they are still trying to gel as a unit
Laycock- has shown enough promise to be given another contract, he was carrying injuries for most of the year, shouldnt have been given to probably just the one year to prove himself
mcphee- has been very good across the HF line when we get the ball down there, has one of the biggest engines in the afl can run all day, just because your jeolous of his physique doesnt give you anything to bag him about, i have never seen mcphee "worrying about his hair" in a football match. he is hard at it, goes at the contest runs all day, the only thing he needs to focus on is his decision making.
lovett is obviously tradable but only at a decent price, dyson isnt tradeable no-one would offer anything for him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Laycock is still very young and it does take ruckman an extra couple of years.

Stanton did have a poor year this year, but will hopefully improve next year.

McPhee is a great lead up forward, your a fool.

Lovett is trade bait, so we'll hopefully get a second round for him and if we don't we should keep him. Dyson should be delisted.

so is dyson. they should both get a lot of bites, especially dysoon, as he's still pretty young.
Sorry but no chance.
I would be absolutly amazed if any team traded for Dyson, terrible footballer

I haven't read the whole thread but i bet i can sumerise what bombers fan have posted.
Gumby, Myers, Ryder, Reimers and pick5 are off the table.

They are willing to trade Lovett, Dyson, Laycock and any of the others spuds they have along with their 4th or 5th round picks for Ablett, Bartel, Kerr, Riewoldt or Johnathon Brown.

I haven't read the whole thread but i bet i can sumerise what bombers fan have posted.
Gumby, Myers, Ryder, Reimers and pick5 are off the table.

They are willing to trade Lovett, Dyson, Laycock and any of the others spuds they have along with their 4th or 5th round picks for Ablett, Bartel, Kerr, Riewoldt or Johnathon Brown.

Were did you read that ?
Maybe you should read the whole thread :rolleyes:

nah i've already wasted enough of my time reading similar type threads that always say the same s**t.
Smart move i reckon. Just a load of conspiracy theories matched only by the amount of bullshit in here. We can yap all we want abt who's going where but it will only be decided when trading begins.:D

If it was up to me I would quickly trade Jason Laycock. But this won't happen, as he has signed a new 2 year contract. I would also be considering trading Stanton. He is a disgrace to wear the number 5 guernsey. It's obvious that Lovett is being traded, which i reckon is dumb.

Your a disgrace to the Essendon Footy Club.

I believe that the board and Management of the Essendon football club have more brains than you, and dont believe that anything that they are doing is dumb.

If James Hird came up to you and gave you his number, i think that you would wear it.

Stanton is one of our better players, and at the age of 22, he has a bright future ahead of him.

Now either support the club and get behind them, or knick off and go to another club like Richmond, where they are famous for eating their own.

Absolutely no chance of any of those trades happening.

The only Bomber that could be potentially be traded is Lovett, and he has a bit of baggage which will hurt his trade value, which was already a lot less than a lot of my fellow Essendon supporters think it is.

I would suspect Lovetts name is being offered up as a reality check for him. He could be a terrific player if he gets his act together.

This being said: he would be a good fit for clubs who are percieved as slow - St Kilda and Collingwood with their fleet of steady mids migth offer something worth considering. Maybe even Sydney.

I wouldn't think though that he's played enough consistent footy to be a first rounder.

Intellegence confirmed......

On to the ignore list he goes. As a public service announcement, could people please refrain from quoting his vitriolic bollocks.

Cheers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back