Preview Essendon vs Adelaide, Docklands, Saturday 12/08/17 @ 7.25 PM

Chicken Dinner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the inclusion of Dea is growing on me, kicks the ball really well, strong in the air and attacks more than Hartley, really good interceptor...I reckon they're going to run and gun from the back line and try to make the Adelaide forwards more accountable...instead of Adelaide forwards dictating and hand balling to Jenkins in the goal square...god I hate that!

First quarter is crucial, if we can put 6-7 goals on the board like the Port game we are in it to our eyeballs.

haha i love how people are losing their minds about these changes. I see them as throwing caution to the breeze & seeing what happens. Baguley's a stopper & he cant actually stop Betts or Cameron, so he's not essential. In contrast, Kelly' & mcgrath' disposal & run COULD break open the game from half back. Hartleys also a stopper, with little attacking value. Him stopping jenkins or Walker wont make or break the game. Meanwhile, Dea is a solid intercept mark and a better disposal in an attacking sense. If the Crows big men have a night out, well, we lose. If they are slightly off, dont clunk the marks, miss the set shots, then maybe our attacking backline will expose them the other way.

To be honest, we have nothing to lose.

Go dons!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harvs with the subterfuge and trickery. What a minx.

Except that they will EXPECT its subterfuge and trickery. Which means they will come prepared for slow and grindy only for us to BLOW THEM OUT OF THE WATER.

at least if its a shoot out Joe can add to the Coleman count

haha i love how people are losing their minds about these changes. I see them as throwing caution to the breeze & seeing what happens. Baguley's a stopper & he cant actually stop Betts or Cameron, so he's not essential. In contrast, Kelly' & mcgrath' disposal & run COULD break open the game from half back. Hartleys also a stopper, with little attacking value. Him stopping jenkins or Walker wont make or break the game. Meanwhile, Dea is a solid intercept mark and a better disposal in an attacking sense. If the Crows big men have a night out, well, we lose. If they are slightly off, dont clunk the marks, miss the set shots, then maybe our attacking backline will expose them the other way.

To be honest, we have nothing to lose.

Go dons!

Percentage. That's what we can lose.

James Stewart need to play the game of his life on Saturday night, if we're to get close.

Hooker and Joe will be doubled all night, so we need that third outlet.
They will only be doubled if they are standing next to each other.

Also hard for them to double Joe given that he comes from behind and jumps on their heads.

If we can't mark it for whatever reason, bring it to ground in Walla or Greens direction.

They will only be doubled if they are standing next to each other.

Also hard for them to double Joe given that he comes from behind and jumps on their heads.

If we can't mark it for whatever reason, bring it to ground in Walla or Greens direction.

This is also where Laverde needs to chip in. he can do it. And going by last game, we will be using Walla in more areas than just the forward line.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-08-11/late-mail-live-round-21
Lee Gaskin reports Crows skipper Taylor Walker could be a late out for Saturday night's clash against Essendon.

Could one of the Crows’ biggest names be a late out for tomorrow night’s clash with Essendon? The whisper around Adelaide is that skipper Taylor Walker had scans for a mystery injury on Wednesday.

Walker took part in the Crows’ captain’s run training session at Football Park on Friday morning, but the club’s main session on Thursday was behind closed doors.

The Crows wouldn’t reveal which of their emergencies were making the trip to Melbourne. They were also coy on Thursday about swingman Andy Otten, coach Don Pyke only revealing he injured his ankle at training after reporters saw Otten on crutches at the club’s headquarters.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-08-11/late-mail-live-round-21

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's try the old don't let their cheer squad put the banner up quick enough and slow them down from the get go.

Or chuck some padlocks on their change room doors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back