Preview Round 9: Essendon vs Fremantle, Docklands, Saturday 18/05/19, 7:20 PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Freo have a lot of small/medium forwards. This is a worry if they get going early and we can't shut their run down.
Colyer/Matera/Walters/Switkowski and only two talls Hogan and Tabberner
Pidgeodo to the backline to negate a small and provide dash/rebound - Irish to the wing to take the game on - Dea will be negating a small
Tippa deep forward - Guelfi in the pressure role (is a good mark overhead for his size too)

OUT Myers, Zac Clarke, Raz (inj)
IN Joe D, Dylan Clarke, Matty Dea

Redman Hurley Dea
Saady Hooker Pidgeodo
Irish Heppell Parish
Franga Joe Dev
Tippa Jakey The Guelf

FOLL TBC Shiel Zerrett

INT Ambrose, Zaka, Dylan Clarke, Ham
Is McGrath now a Pokemon?

Gosh I hope we can respond. Hopefully we can also show up in support for the boys. Let's get a largish crowd there (35-40 k) and show why we are the premier club in the land when it comes to support/attendances no matter how bad our situation is. This is one thing other clubs are envious of the Bombers, we have the best supporters.

Gosh I hope we can respond. Hopefully we can also show up in support for the boys. Let's get a largish crowd there (35-40 k) and show why we are the premier club in the land when it comes to support/attendances no matter how bad our situation is. This is one thing other clubs are envious of the Bombers, we have the best supporters.
It’s great, and I agree to a point - but it can also be a curse in that the AFL and club leadership might look harder at themselves if their bad performance did actually finally translate into lack of attendance and membership fees...

Now Smith's out? * this s**t.

Out: Z Clarke, Myers, Zaharakis, Smith, Fantasia
In: Daniher, D Clarke, Mynott, Begley, Ridley

Now Smith's out? **** this ****.

Out: Z Clarke, Myers, Zaharakis, Smith, Fantasia
In: Daniher, D Clarke, Mynott, Begley, Ridley

Mynott is injured brah

Mynott is injured brah

That is the s**t thing. If the injuries were to our first line only you look at the positive in exposure for the kids but the kids who are closest are injured and the club is incredibly reluctant to select others.

I'm hoping that this week is the making of someone and they put the team on their back and we can build some momentum.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All due respects I think otherwise.

Fair enough. But Z Clarke took two marks inside 50 spending less time. Francis zero. Happy if he gets picked again but just giving reasons why it’s possible he could get dropped

Francis out, stuff me, DELIVERY has crucified him. I agree backline seems to suit better but, it's like watching the delivery to Hurley years ago.
FFS recruit a ruckman and an 'A CLASS' mid fielder. Don't mention Draper because Woosh was never going to play him.
Francis out, Z Clarke to stay in would be the most Essendon thing ever. Get ready for it people

Francis out, Z Clarke to stay in would be the most Essendon thing ever. Get ready for it people

Different roles. If club feels TBC is a bit restricted they may not want to send Daniher away for forward line and have a back up in Clarke. No one thinks Clarke is more talented

After watching Monday's AFL 360 I want to run, jump and smash Whately in the head with a forearm/elbow when he is not expecting it and then ask him if he still thinks Ablett and Fyfe should not have been suspended.

Not very often Robbo makes sense but he did the other night.

After watching Monday's AFL 360 I want to run, jump and smash Whately in the head with a forearm/elbow when he is not expecting it and then ask him if he still thinks Ablett and Fyfe should not have been suspended.

Not very often Robbo makes sense but he did the other night.

He’s getting worse by the episode that little pansy, I used to think he was quite measured and practical in his views but he’s just turned into a grandstanding, hysterical AFL puppet.

Different roles. If club feels TBC is a bit restricted they may not want to send Daniher away for forward line and have a back up in Clarke. No one thinks Clarke is more talented
I'd rather have Stringer play that Shaun Grigg role. Clarke offers so little it just isn't worth playing him just to have a backup ruck

Out: Fantasia (inj), Smith (inj), Myers (omit)

In: Daniher, Ridley and Begley

Going bigger but I think it works. Daniher becomes a CHF like he should be and does not have to ruck. Ridley is quick enough to work in the backline ang Begley can play forward pressure.

Give Ham another game. Don't wreck him like Langford. Give him the chances to build into it.

B
  • Patrick Ambrose,
  • Cale Hooker,
  • Andrew McGrath
HB
  • Jason Ridley,
  • Michael Hurley,
  • Adam Saad
C
  • Zach Merrett,
  • Dyson Heppell,
  • Mason Redman
HF
  • Conor McKenna
  • Joe Daniher,
  • Josh Begley
F
  • Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti,
  • Zac Clarke,
  • Jake Stringer
FOL
  • Tom Bellchambers,
  • Dylan Shiel,
  • David Zaharakis
I/C
  • Darcy Parish,
  • Aaron Francis,
  • Matt Guelfi,
  • Brayden Ham

Out: Fantasia (inj), Smith (inj), Myers (omit)

In: Daniher, Ridley and Begley

Going bigger but I think it works. Daniher becomes a CHF like he should be and does not have to ruck. Ridley is quick enough to work in the backline ang Begley can play forward pressure.

Give Ham another game. Don't wreck him like Langford. Give him the chances to build into it.

B
  • Patrick Ambrose,
  • Cale Hooker,
  • Andrew McGrath
HB
  • Jason Ridley,
  • Michael Hurley,
  • Adam Saad
C
  • Zach Merrett,
  • Dyson Heppell,
  • Mason Redman