Essendon - where are they at?

Remove this Banner Ad

And the quote I love from Sheedy.

"Just take James Hird and Nathan Buckley out of the equation, it would be a pretty interesting sort of year -- say 2008 -- and how the two teams keep going.

In case you hadn't noticed Sheeds, Bucks has not played a game all year and we are 10-6:p

So how many games have the Bombers won without Hird this year?

And the quote I love from Sheedy.

In case you hadn't noticed Sheeds, Bucks has not played a game all year and we are 10-6:p

So how many games have the Bombers won without Hird this year
?

How many Premiership cups has Nathan held above his ugly mullet head?

Now pay attention Barry because I'm only going to type this once. Collingwood's back six is covered for the next decade as is our goal to goal line. Presti and Wakes will be eventually replaced by Nathan Brown and Anthony with plenty of other young defenders in Goldy, Stanley and Scott Reed not to mention Harry and Heath Shaw who are just getting started. Our solutions are all in house unlike the Bombers who patch up their side with 30 year olds who are past their best. Where's your future fullback? I'll pay Paddy Ryder as a future key defender but after him the cupboard is bare. You're on the slide and you haven't hit rock bottom yet, but you will.

So your banking on 2 kids who haven't even proven themselves for Williamstown yet. Anthony's only young but many thought a reach at No 30+ in the draft. He's years away , even more so after that neck injury.
That defence is going to be a chasm in a year or two. As for Goldsack, looks ok but so did Jason Cloke for a year.

As for patching up our side, you mean like Wowoeful, Chad Morrison, Bryan, etc.

Two premiership players there turbo, would have been three if injury didn't end Rioli's season in 2000.

was referring to the drafted quintet of cupido, zantuck, alvey, cole, campo..etc at a time when the club was on the slide and in need of rebuilding with youth instead of topping up with discards.

pretty obvious.

was referring to the drafted quintet of cupido, zantuck, alvey, cole, campo..etc at a time when the club was on the slide and in need of rebuilding with youth instead of topping up with discards.

pretty obvious.

most of those blokes were head cases that sheedy arrogantly thought he could "straighten out" in the end they all left the club WORSE than when they arrived. it is hilarious

Yeah that would be it deck..least we can own up to that fact.

But, even in those 8 wins - he was only the direct reason in a couple of them. It's been Watson leading the way in the middle..and Lucas up forward who have had the main impacts this year.

Watson tends to be underrated by many..and not just on here. And yet...Essendon probably won't be where they are, if it wasn't for his hard work, leadership and presence in the middle. Even yesterday, I'm sure Pies would have noticed what he was doing and saying WHO THE !@#$ is on Watson?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So your banking on 2 kids who haven't even proven themselves for Williamstown yet. Anthony's only young but many thought a reach at No 30+ in the draft. He's years away , even more so after that neck injury.
That defence is going to be a chasm in a year or two. As for Goldsack, looks ok but so did Jason Cloke for a year.

As for patching up our side, you mean like Wowoeful, Chad Morrison, Bryan, etc.
Yeah just like Pendlebury was a reach at 5, Our list is stacked unlike Essendon who have a plethora of forward pockets and ruckmen who you continually try to stuff into a key position. Everyone knows Sheeds picks the players and why they let a guy who doesn't watch the kids all year make the selections is beyond me. Dodoro will be glad to see the back of him and then he'll be will be able to actually pick a player. As the AFL prospectus says 'Rarely are teams with small crack units plus questionable support in flag contention. Unfortunately, this latter scenario is what Essendon's profile looks like since 2002'....'the signs of a quick revival in 2007 are not good' Pucker up buttercup because the Bombers are heading for a crash landing and they're going to hit the bottom hard.

Yeah just like Pendlebury was a reach at 5, Our list is stacked unlike Essendon who have a plethora of forward pockets and ruckmen who you continually try to stuff into a key position. Everyone knows Sheeds picks the players and why they let a guy who doesn't watch the kids all year make the selections is beyond me. Dodoro will be glad to see the back of him and then he'll be will be able to actually pick a player. As the AFL prospectus says 'Rarely are teams with small crack units plus questionable support in flag contention. Unfortunately, this latter scenario is what Essendon's profile looks like since 2002'....'the signs of a quick revival in 2007 are not good' Pucker up buttercup because the Bombers are heading for a crash landing and they're going to hit the bottom hard.

It was only 3 years ago and we looked like we had nothing coming through. No one in there right mind would have tipped both Heath Shaw and Dane Swan to come on like they have. Don't be to quick to right of players.

Welcome back Macpie. How was your holiday? It was a travesty that you were banned. How are you planning to celebrate the inevitable Collingwood flag this year?

Welcome back Macpie. How was your holiday? It was a travesty that you were banned. How are you planning to celebrate the inevitable Collingwood flag this year?
enjoyed the break and what a stroke of fortune that it ended on the same day as Pies win over the Bombers! Never expected a flag this year but boy I have really enjoyed the year. How about you?

enjoyed the break and what a stroke of fortune that it ended on the same day as Pies win over the Bombers! Never expected a flag this year but boy I have really enjoyed the year. How about you?

do we have a reason to have not enjoyed the year so far? your acting like there is a massive difference in wins. You were only 1 ahead last week anything can happen from here. You have no reason to be getting on your high horse.

do we have a reason to have not enjoyed the year so far? your acting like there is a massive difference in wins. You were only 1 ahead last week anything can happen from here. You have no reason to be getting on your high horse.
mate if you have enjoyed your year go right ahaead. don't let me stop you. i can't help but notice a few of your buddies aren't too excited though. still you are obviously easily pleased - go for it!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back