Coaching Staff Eye on our Coaching (Ratten, Lade, Batchelor, Slater sign on)

Remove this Banner Ad

Richo is too robotic for my liking. Same terminology over and over like hes reading from a coaching text book. Watching scott bevo and other coaches they seems to speak from the heart. It may not be anything just an observation.

I think Richo is fine for where we are at going forward though would definitely encourage the club
to talk Luke Hodge if he retires end of the year in a support role for midfield coach.
We clearly lack the tactical knowledge in that area , which I know is Kingsley's domain.

Three centre bounces when Brisbane had a run on in row we had no winger ...other times Lonie.

Who is not a wing player ...amazed they don't spin the magnets with Newnes, Roberton , Savage , Gilbert
in the rotations ...at times to avoid running out of legs with Roo & Montagna.

Clarkson wrote the hymn book that Bevo, Simpson coach by .

Played in what 5 grand finals winning 4 over 10 year period ..is Legendary stuff.

I think Richo is fine for where we are at going forward though would definitely encourage the club
to talk Luke Hodge if he retires end of the year in a support role for midfield coach.
We clearly lack the tactical knowledge in that area , which I know is Kingsley's domain.

Three centre bounces when Brisbane had a run on in row we had no winger ...other times Lonie.

Who is not a wing player ...amazed they don't spin the magnets with Newnes, Roberton , Savage , Gilbert
in the rotations ...at times to avoid running out of legs with Roo & Montagna.

Clarkson wrote the hymn book that Bevo, Simpson coach by .

Played in what 5 grand finals winning 4 over 10 year period ..is Legendary stuff.
Im not convinced that richo can go to the next level. Time will tell.

Im not convinced that richo can go to the next level. Time will tell.
With the amount of time and money pumped into richo we won't have a choice IMO. I like him as a coach tho minus a couple of things
- how he uses JB
- selection
- midfield rotations

First time I've read this thread. Some posters have hit the nail on the head.
Glad to see the coaches box being held as accountable as the players on the field, if we're serious about becoming a genuine threat over the coming years then everybody at the club should be put under the microscope.
Everyone except ameet :fire::fire:

Glad to see the coaches box being held as accountable as the players on the field, if we're serious about becoming a genuine threat over the coming years then everybody at the club should be put under the microscope.

Yes they should but the problem is most of the stuff said is just complete guesses. With players its easy to spot a player out of form. I doubting any of us know enough about AFL coaching to spot a coaching panel out of form and to say players aren't getting the right development is real guess work even for those who attend training often.

Richo = Brendan McCarthy

Who will be our Bevo?

Would it be wise to freshen up the line coaches with some new assistants? We've seemed to have the same line coaches for a few years now. Surely input from other assistants could provide players with more than one perspective. People say that some of our players like Billings & McCartin etc haven't developed as quick as some of the other youngsters running around in the AFL. If you provided them with different coaches could that enhance their development? Or do all assistant coaches have similar coaching knowledge across the league?

I know it's early days, but Richmond seem to started well after everyone thought it was going to be bleak. From memory they removed most of their assistants with new over the off-season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Need some fresh thinking in the coaches box

If only for a different perspective

No change in key personnel for a few years

Need a Caracella type

According to Caro on FC last night.....he'll probably end up at Haw......WTF !!!!
is it actually sad that caro comes across one of the more truthful journos out their?

probably not sad but comes across it when you actually think about a gossip journo being reliable

According to Caro on FC last night.....he'll probably end up at Haw......WTF !!!!

It's pretty clear that Ameet is headed for bigger things. It's also pretty clear that he is one smart cookie.
Equally clear: He has one huge advantage: he has time on his side.
My experience with executive placement is that the really capable candidates recognise this and literally interview the employer, not the other way around.
So unless Hawthorn throw an O'Meara type offer at him, I'd be inclined to think that he'll most likely stay with us for a bit. Particularly as the Club would recognise his importance and have a retention strategy in place.

But get used to the idea that Ameet is leaving.
And good luck to him too.

It's pretty clear that Ameet is headed for bigger things. It's also pretty clear that he is one smart cookie.
Equally clear: He has one huge advantage: he has time on his side.
My experience with executive placement is that the really capable candidates recognise this and literally interview the employer, not the other way around.
So unless Hawthorn throw an O'Meara type offer at him, I'd be inclined to think that he'll most likely stay with us for a bit. Particularly as the Club would recognise his importance and have a retention strategy in place.

But get used to the idea that Ameet is leaving.
And good luck to him too.
Ameet is like Riewoldt. He is here to stay. He is a genius. He pulled of some good trades. Carlisle & Gresham trade and also the hawks one as well.

According to a friend of his (so obviously take with a grain of salt) but apparently he doesn't feel ready to take on a CEO role as he still has plenty to learn about that side of running a football club.

that makes a LOT of sense

i feel it will be almost career suicide for him to take the hawthorn job. i can see a s**t load of benefit from him going through their process if they shorten it though. but taking on that job, hell to the no. there is just far too much to do and get sorted. firstly he'll have to work through rebuild that football dept. secondly he's going to have to see the club through arguably the most testing time it has been through since 2004. he's going to have to see through a hawks rebuild. their fans are already getting quite testy. with a bunch of high profile hawks that have far reaching influences i wouldnt discount instability although unlikely. thirdly they're undertaking the biggest project hawthorn have ever embarked on in dingley. its a massive massive project. i reckon that role would test some seriously seasoned administrators. brian cook is one that comes to mind thats seen through similar ventures but even then not to the level of the hawks

i just feel it will burn him big time if ameet takes that job and he will live to regret jumping at that opportunity too early

Remove this Banner Ad

Back