Coach Fages and the coaching group

Remove this Banner Ad

With David Teague officially sacked by Carlton and some gossip that Dale Tapping is open to a return to Victoria Teague might be a good option as an Assistant/line coach for us, he was apparently highly respected in that role before the current disaster as the head coach.

With David Teague officially sacked by Carlton and some gossip that Dale Tapping is open to a return to Victoria Teague might be a good option as an Assistant/line coach for us, he was apparently highly respected in that role before the current disaster as the head coach.

I heard that Richmond might be after him.

A full time Hodge would be awesome.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just read that Fages tonight past Vossy in games coached for the club and now sits in second behind Lethal.

I just hope we can afford some decent assistants next year. Seems obvious that x-Pie assistant is gone but we need people that might be able to implement a plan b because we haven't had for ages although i get tonight isn't easy with Cocky nocking Macca out and throwing our structure out.

Good on Fages for being humble or gracious in defeat, very classy.

Just read that Fages tonight past Vossy in games coached for the club and now sits in second behind Lethal.

I just hope we can afford some decent assistants next year. Seems obvious that x-Pie assistant is gone but we need people that might be able to implement a plan b because we haven't had for ages although i get tonight isn't easy with Cocky nocking Macca out and throwing our structure out.

Good on Fages for being humble or gracious in defeat, very classy.

Lets just also take a moment acknowledge the top 2/4 finishes he has been able to achieve for 3 seasons in a row something we haven’t seen since our golden era. I know we haven’t had big finals success yet but we are not far off.

Having a bit of a boring day on the couch, just spitballing ideas through my vacant mind.... :think: with Fages entering his 6th season as our coach next season and Alistair Clarkson having a year off I wonder if we may/will put some preliminary work into getting Clarkson up here as our next coach for 2023, he might appreciate getting out of the Melbourne footy bubble and taking us into our new Springfield era. Shhhh! Don't tell anyone.

Last edited:
Love Clarko to come and help out Fagan.. Even pay him now for our finals campaign :)
All the help will help

I see Clarko at the Suns next

I think it’d be good to get some fresh blood in our recruiting staff as well. Our drafting since the McCluggage draft has been very poor
I believe the year after McCluggage draft not too bad. In 2017 draft Cam at #1, Bailey and Starc late first round picks and Payne shows potential just needs to overcome injuries, and was a late 3rd round, in the 50's?

I believe the year after McCluggage draft not too bad. In 2017 draft Cam at #1, Bailey and Starc late first round picks and Payne shows potential just needs to overcome injuries, and was a late 3rd round, in the 50's?

Bailey andStarce were good picks but there was a lot of talent around them in the draft. You have to hold pick 1 to a very high standard and academy picks are a bit of a freebie especially that late

Would day it is likely we will promote coaching staff from within. We dropped 2 coaches back inside the academy last year iirc. If Tapping goes I can see and existing coach getting a call up and we replace the lower ranks. Having that system is something Fagan wanted to implement as well.

Having a bit of a boring day on the couch, just spitballing ideas through my vacant mind.... :think: with Fages entering his 6th season as our coach next season and Alistair Clarkson having a year off I wonder if we may/will put some preliminary work into getting Clarkson up here as our next coach for 2023, he might appreciate getting out of the Melbourne footy bubble and taking us into our new Springfield era. Shhhh! Don't tell anyone.
That is a strong rumor circling the footy sanctum at the present time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back