Farewell Brett Deledio - 243 Tiger Games

Remove this Banner Ad

2017 1st rounder and 3rd rounder. Not bad.

Will miss Brett a lot but I'll continue to watch him.

He's done enough for the club and it's time for a new journey, hopefully one with less frustration.

263888.jpg

One of my favourite players to watch, always thought he should have been the captain.

now i dont post on here much, but i am wondering how these future picks work

Does this mean if Geelong were to finish last next year, We get Pick #1 for lids?

It will work out roughly Pick 15 and Pick 50 for Deledio! It's not enough for an elite player with 4 good years left. not happy

Iam not ready to watch the videos yet haha sad day but we got the best deal we could after it seems he had made up his mind to go, all the best to Lids he has been an absolute superstar for us for a long time, At least when the giants inevitably win their flag i wont be as angry anymore because Lids truly deserves it

It will work out roughly Pick 15 and Pick 50 for Deledio! It's not enough for an elite player with 4 good years left. not happy
Achilles problems could mean he gets no where near 4 years, it is often the sign particularly in aging fast players that it's time to hang up the boots.

Good luck to him, I think the trade was a win for everyone, oh apart from Geelong.

Achilles problems could mean he gets no where near 4 years, it is often the sign particularly in aging fast players that it's time to hang up the boots.

Good luck to him, I think the trade was a win for everyone, oh apart from Geelong.
I think we have just handed GWS the flag for pick 19

it was all done so late i was hoping it would fall through.

i wish him well as he has been a huge player for us during his time as a tiger.

Brett will always remain a much-loved Tiger to the fans. I can now enjoy watching GWS embark on their destined premiership pillage.

Brett Deledio - 2017 Norm Smith Medallist.

(Btw, the RFC website reports the first rounder is linked to Geelong's doggy position on the ladder, so we might end up with a Top 10 pick for Deledio next year).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I saw this and thought oh, that's nice:

So I read a bit of the article...

His leaves the Club as a dual Jack Dyer Medallist (2008, 2009) and Richmond vice-captain 2015-16.

From what I've heard, Brett probably isn't too happy with the club...getting information like this wrong certainly won't help :p

Last edited:
I will never forget sitting next to him at a dinner one night and I mentioned to him that he was my daughter's favourite player. She was 12 at the time.
Brett asked me her name and about 10 minutes later came back with a signed photo saying "To XXXXX, thanks for your support. Go Tiges. (PS: I am sitting next to your dad)." To say my daughter was happy the next morning when I gave it to her, is an understatement.
Despite the accusations about him not engaging with fans, my own personal experiences were the exact opposite. Just a country boy who didn't enjoy the limelight too much but knew it was part of the caper.
Was our Rolls Royce. Gee I'm gonna miss him.

Great Richmond player who was there through very dark days. Probably the classiest most skill full player and best decision maker at Richmond in the last decade. Surrounded by a couple of stars and a lot of spuds and during some poor coaching.

Over looked for Captain when he was the obvious choice. Stuck with Richmond and helped get us to finals three times.

Enjoy watching players of Lids calibre play no matter what team their on. And if GWS make the granny while he's there which is almost a certainty, I will now be able to enjoy watching it and have a team to support.

Unless it's against the Tiges. Then that campaigner Deledio can GTFO and piss right off :D

I will never forget sitting next to him at a dinner one night and I mentioned to him that he was my daughter's favourite player. She was 12 at the time.
Brett asked me her name and about 10 minutes later came back with a signed photo saying "To XXXXX, thanks for your support. Go Tiges. (PS: I am sitting next to your dad)." To say my daughter was happy the next morning when I gave it to her, is an understatement.
Despite the accusations about him not engaging with fans, my own personal experiences were the exact opposite. Just a country boy who didn't enjoy the limelight too much but knew it was part of the caper.
Was our Rolls Royce. Gee I'm gonna miss him.

FFS you lucky bastard, I've never met him.

Part of the reason myself and my missus kept buying memberships was because we knew one day we'd be able to organise to attend members cocktail night and have our photo taken with him. Unfortunately we were only allowed to attend in 2015 and 2016 but we couldn't go, life just gets in the way sometimes.

After the last one my missus said we'd 100% go to the next one cos Lids will be 30, her shout and everything, a little birthday treat for me. She's a big Lids fan too so it was a half present for herself too I guess.

I don't wanna go anymore and neither does she haha

FFS you lucky bastard, I've never met him.

Part of the reason myself and my missus kept buying memberships was because we knew one day we'd be able to organise to attend members cocktail night and have our photo taken with him. Unfortunately we were only allowed to attend in 2015 and 2016 but we couldn't go, life just gets in the way sometimes.

After the last one my missus said we'd 100% go to the next one cos Lids will be 30, her shout and everything, a little birthday treat for me. She's a big Lids fan too so it was a half present for herself too I guess.

I don't wanna go anymore and neither does she haha
I didn't ask him for a photo, but he offered so I took a selfie with him and he was doing the thumbs up.
Am gonna miss him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back