Favourite 12th man moment

Remove this Banner Ad

"Out comes Daniel Vettori... looking very nerdy in those glasses of his"

"Vettori edges the ball up into his face and smashes his glasses, Bob Hawke style"

"And all of the Aussies came running in as soon as they realised Vettori was badly hurt..... to congratulate Warne on a magnificent delivery"

:p

"Out comes Daniel Vettori... looking very nerdy in those glasses of his"

"Vettori edges the ball up into his face and smashes his glasses, Bob Hawke style"

"And all of the Aussies came running in as soon as they realised Vettori was badly hurt..... to congratulate Warne on a magnificent delivery"

:p

"It's all happening here, the tension, the drama, the buzz, the atmosphere:

"I love him, get him up here, I wanna boof him"

After "The Dream" in Boned...

"Not The middle stump again"
"Ya think i could, whip the bails off"

"Over!"

Tony Greig re: Max Walker
"couldn't we just get the bowsted bawwed from this pawwt of the broadcast irea"

Commentary of a NZ game, cant recall exacts offhand...
"When a tall kiwi prick, gets a four from a schnick, thats, parore"

Alan Jones Radio show on Boned
Greig: "How does it feel to have a dopey horfwit husband, and two borstard sons:

Jones: Do you have trouble urinating...etc etc
Lawry: Why yes alan i do!

my favourite is from wired world of sports.

it's the bit where max walker over rides the musical itroduction with his nose blowing of the wide world of sports theme.... and in the background you just hear the show's producer... "WHAT THE ****"!!!!!

great thread. so many others.

"oooo and one of the great britain players has fair dinkum produced what appears to be an iron crow bar of some descripttiiiioonn"

lookshh likeshh itshhh gonna be one of those ****ing days where every horshh shhtarts with the letter eShhh

I thought this thread was about everyone's favourite memories of when they have actually been 12th men.

On the subject of that, has anyone been made to do anything funny or stupid when they have been 12th men for a cricket team?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love The Bear repeatedly practicing his "Thanks very much Maxie, good afternoon to you and everyone" to the point where Max tells him to shut up.

Then as soon as the show goes live he stuffs it up...

"Thanks very Max muchie!"

But you just can't top his Bill Lawry impression, and this is his best Bill moment...

"Gone YES! Australia have won! Got him yes! Piss off, your out! SHANE WARNE. He's a genius, he's a living legend, the greatest that's ever been. I'm sorry Sir Donald, I'm sorry Big Merv but Warnies the man, THE icon of the game and if his team mates had any fu**ing respect they'd be lifting him up on their shoulders and lifting him off the ground here."

In the round 7 clash between the Swans and St. Kilda, Tony Lockett didn't know it, but he was about to take an unscheduled 8 week break from the game.

There's a race on for the ball!
Lockett and Caven, Lockett and Caven!
Oh, lookout, oh!
That's vicious, that's viscious...
...from Caven a head butt.
He's come running in a head butted Lockett right on the point of the elbow.

Thanks guys, great laugh:thumbsu:

The high pitched greeting from the taxi driver - "OOOOOH GOODAY MATE!"
has become my standard greeting to friends.

"Copped one indanaz"
"Oooh did he?"
"No you ****wit that's his name, he tore a hamstring":D

when Tony has the wig...

"who the f***'s that? who the hell is the bloke doing the pitch report? where's tony?"
"that is tony, he's wearing a wig"
"he's got a f****en ponytail! what the bloody hell does he think he's doing?"
"he said you told him to get a rug"
"yeah but i meant a normal f****en hair hat like greg matthews!"

and Richie to Martin Crowe..

"well that's the way it is my friend so either take it on board or pack your bags and F*** off home!"

Tony: Mark Taylor playing a very silly shot indeed, trying to smash that one over midwicket. A big edge and in the end the keeper takes a very simple catch.

Bill: Well I don't know how you can call it a silly shot Tony? At none for 200 odd after 20 overs, it's not like his f*****g team's in any trouble. Why wouldn't you have a go? (ya stupid prick).

Bill: Grahemy Labrooy? His name's Graeme Max...

Max: Yes, well. All his team mates have such long and complicated names. Seems a shame for this young man to miss out. I think I'll just go on calling him Grahemy.

Bill: Jeez you're f****d in the head sometimes Max.

"And for the croquet fans, once again, we'll have **** all for you."

Chappelli: "And its a ****ing head."
Javed: "You lucky prick!"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back