Favourite Tennis Players from the 80's

Who was your favourite tennis player from the 80's?

• Ivan Lendl

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • John McEnroe

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Boris Becker

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Stefan Edberg

• Mats Wilander

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Henri Leconte

• Yannick Noah

• Pat Cash

• Mikael Pernfors

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

eastaugh36 said:
What a period of tennis! Lendl was my favourite.
How anyone could like the soulless machine that was Lendl is beyond me.

My favourite was Edberg - gotta love the serve-volleying style.
On the other hand though, I probably had a better forehand than him.

Tim the Toolman said:
No way. Nobody had better legs than Stef!
Though her movement around the court couldn't exactly be described as graceful, I always thought Seles had nice legs.

John McEnroe

Hated his antics loved his tennis. Wore a teatowel around my head in appreciation. The best clinical game of tennis I ever saw was his demolition of Chris Lewis Wimbledon 83? Just powered through.He also had some great matches with Borg

Ivan Lendl yeh as someone said cold fish ... they guy from Real Life looked like him. "' hello my name is Ivan I play tennis'' did anyone else think he was creepy?

Both of those photos are shockers. There was a much better publicity shot of Sabine in the Aussie Open tournament guides from those days.

'Enri for the men. Had so much natural talent but was just a lair that loved the crowd, the life, he was having fun and wanted everyone else to have fun as well.

Fitzy for the Aussies. Never left anything behind in effort and he WAS going to thump McEnroe in (?) that Adelaide tournie around 87. Wish it'd been Bobo Zincreamonvich (or however the Hell it was spelt. Didn't mind Steve Denton for some unknown reason either.

Women? Geez.. Evonne was always a lady and a graceful player to watch. The rest.. Andrea Jaeger wasn't to bad.. Bettina Bunge!! Now there's a name to remember. :D

Slobodan "Bobo" Zivojinovic. I think that was his name? Coached by that goon from Rumania whom coached Becker etc... Ion Tiriac?

Tim the Toolman said:
Nuh. Sorry, she just doesn't do anything for me.

Can you rack up some shots of Tanvier?

I don't think so Tim

:D

That last photo wouldn't do anything for anyone - just thought she was cute, not great looking. M Sharapova is worthy of the #1 rank in my view.

:p

Back