Racing February Daily Punt - Waller only wants Bowman

Remove this Banner Ad

Better to go and lose than not even go
This is my view and I think most punter's. The aim should be to test her and see if she can pass, be it by travelling overseas or simply staying in Australia and winning at every track and distance even with a different bloody jockey on. But the owners and Waller don't think this way, they have to think as if it's a valuable commodity and how to get the best out of it. Then again, how much more money and accolades can you want?

I think the challenge is that turning 7 this yr she is likely past her peak. Still good enough to dominate here but to head off and take on Enable and co being 1-2 lengths below her best may not end well.

It sort of feels like the goal now is to protect her record, pick up another QE and CP then retire to stud

This is my view and I think most punter's. The aim should be to test her and see if she can pass, be it by travelling overseas or simply staying in Australia and winning at every track and distance even with a different bloody jockey on. But the owners and Waller don't think this way, they have to think as if it's a valuable commodity and how to get the best out of it. Then again, how much more money and accolades can you want?

Surely its not even about the money any more if they are bypassing the Apollo for a barrier trial. Looks like it is about protecting this pointless winning streak which is a shame

Seriously the whole Winx discussion is a joke. The fact a champion 6yo mare is still racing says they aren't concerned about protecting her record and she isn't dodging anybody, horses are dodging her!!!1

Lazarus has drawn 10 for the miracle mile. Wouldn't want to be the person who had whack at $1.75, considering he is a risk and now $2.25

Nah I’m confident in her ability. She was at her best one of the all time greats. If she goes and fails it will be a big negative for the look of Australian racing. Black Caviar was the GOAT sprinter and beat them by a nose over distances they don’t even exceed in.

Going over and failing would be a huge failure for Australian racing as a product.

Nah I’m confident in her ability. She was at her best one of the all time greats. If she goes and fails it will be a big negative for the look of Australian racing. Black Caviar was the GOAT sprinter and beat them by a nose over distances they don’t even exceed in.

Going over and failing would be a huge failure for Australian racing as a product.
Black Caviar was broke over there.

Tore muscles in the run and still won, plus Nolan dropping the hands. Not a true reflection

you didn't even consume what I wrote

Apart from Makybe Diva and Sunline Name 5 World Champion mares (jumpers excluded :) which raced later than 6yo.
its a stupid argument. she is clearly the best horse in Australia. Why the * did she run in a trail when she pretty much went full bore when she could have raced? there is only one reason, to protect her record. Thats a joke. She is totally ruining her legacy because she is beating *******s . And look back, Emancipation Wenona Girl, Flight, Lets Elope, Skating, Slight Chance. soooooooo many

its a stupid argument. she is clearly the best horse in Australia. Why the glory be did she run in a trail when she pretty much went full bore when she could have raced? there is only one reason, to protect her record. Thats a joke. She is totally ruining her legacy because she is beating *******s . And look back, Emancipation Wenona Girl, Flight, Lets Elope, Skating, Slight Chance. soooooooo many

Slight Chance retired at 5
Emancipation didn't race beyond her 5yo season
Skating retired at end of 4yo season. Why she was finished look at her form.

Winx has avoided nobody. If she went round on Saturday she would have walked in, but her effort would be diminished because she was taking on the likes of addictive nature. I can't wait for the Chipping Norton and even though I'm on Bonneval I look forward to seeing her run and if she wins I know it will shut HCB up!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Slight Chance retired at 5
Emancipation didn't race beyond her 5yo season
Skating retired at end of 4yo season. Why she was finished look at her form.

Winx has avoided nobody. If she went round on Saturday she would have walked in, but her effort would be diminished because she was taking on the likes of addictive nature. I can't wait for the Chipping Norton and even though I'm on Bonneval I look forward to seeing her run and if she wins I know it will shut HCB up!!
She avoided the whole Apollo field!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously the whole Winx discussion is a joke. The fact a champion 6yo mare is still racing says they aren't concerned about protecting her record and she isn't dodging anybody, horses are dodging her!!!1

Nearly all of the best mares race well into their 6yo season and continue to travel. The fact she is just racing still is a piss weak counter argument that they are protecting her record. She isn't really dodging anything here (even though a lot of her 1200-1400m runs early in a prep are against staying plodders) but if you have one of, if not the, best horse in the world and never travel to Europe or America then you are just taking the easy route and protecting her record.

Yeah she was probably at her peak at the end of last years Autumn and should have gone then but she is still arguably the best horse in the world so should be going. Its more of a blight on Australian racing if she never even attempted to go

Redzel no champ beating Missrock and Supido by 1L at WFA with every single.

Classic Liefzy trying to be contrarian?

How bad where Super Too and Hey Doc then given they were the only two near him early and got beaten panels.

What a farce that Winx malarkey was today, Clearly she should have run in the Apollo. They are just protecting her for no reason and is now the next Lohnro. Just running her in races she can win. I am going to put money on her never going overseas. #soft

Lol god you talk absolute garbage - she will definitely be remembered now for that time she skipped the time-honoured Autumn feature the Apollo where Endless Drama and Global Glamour staged a titanic duel with superstars Prized Icon and Comin Through storming home late. She just would have been no match for WFA titans of the Australian turf like that.

This is Winx's soundtrack

she can't take on the best because she is the BEST, just like Black Caviar!! Frankel never copped the flack Winx BC seem too! SEXISM!!!!

Yes he did - plenty of people gave him a ton of s**t for 'only beating Excellebration' all the time. Excellebration then went on to flog everything at a mile once Frankel stepped up to 2000m.

Tough travelling a 6-7 year old mare. Probably a year late for mine and I’m feeling if-ish if I even want her to go now.

This - they are 12-18 months too late which actually would have been the perfect time given the likes of Reeler was seen as the 'dominant' 2000m horse over there at the time.

I fear what will happen if she meets a peak Enable/Cracksman with huge stud values on the line.

Lol god you talk absolute garbage - she will definitely be remembered now for that time she skipped the time-honoured Autumn feature the Apollo where Endless Drama and Global Glamour staged a titanic duel with superstars Prized Icon and Comin Through storming home late. She just would have been no match for WFA titans of the Australian turf like that.

Exactly!!!!!!!!! why did she not run in that race? One reason, Bowman not riding so they were scared the new jock would not ride her right and lose! I see in the paper today that the People who are trying to get Winx to Ascot are trying to entice her by saying that all the good 3 year olds in the UK have retired and the WFA horses going around are ordinaryo_O
And i will put money on that she still wont go!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back