Preview First Preliminary Final – Collingwood vs GWS Giants, Saturday 21st September 2019, MCG, 4.35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know your hurting but blaming Collingwood is just plain dumb.

Greene's actions in light of last weeks (yes just 7 days ago), eye gouge or not, were only marginally less idiotic than Willie Rioli's.
Rioli is facing 4 years.
Any sensible human, including your coach, in private, would be questioning Greene's ability to control himself on field.
Like Eddie's ability to control himself every day ?

He can't do it either

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Like Eddie's ability to control himself every day ?

He can't do it either

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Not sure what Ed has to do with any of this? He was poorly done by when he joked they should hold Caro under.
I would have turned it into a sight gag.....
You don't think Toby took a bit of a risk after last week?

Not sure what Ed has to do with any of this? He was poorly done by when he joked they should hold Caro under.
I would have turned it into a sight gag.....
You don't think Toby took a bit of a risk after last week?
Not sure Eddie holds that much sway anyway, certainly hasn't in the past. Jason Cloke suspended before '02 GF (right call though, smashed Crows player pretty bad) and Anthony Rocca suspended before '03 GF marginal contact, no damage to the player whatsoever (ended up getting smashed in GF anyway so probably didn't make a difference).

One wonders why he didn’t recuse himself. Not just an ex collingwood player, but it seems, just a bit more than that.

I will be surprised if the players association do not think about objecting to this ruling.

If they don't they are effectively a gimp organisation as well!!

Basically the tribunal treated Toby and the players case with utter contempt!!!

Just watching "the other guys" atm, like one of the actors playing the role, Toby is well within his rights to think he has been punched such is the absurdity of this decision!!

Last edited:
LOL.
I just realised Mr Magic , You're a Richmond supporter....
All this time I thought you were a distraught GWS supporter.
Here I am trying to calm your distress......
No wonder you're worried about Collingwood getting a fictional edge.
At least I am a GWS (Canberra) member.
You're just having a big sook......

LOL.
I just realised Mr Magic , You're a Richmond supporter....
All this time I thought you were a distraught GWS supporter.
Here I am trying to calm your distress......
No wonder you're worried about Collingwood getting a fictional edge.
At least I am a GWS (Canberra) member.
You're just having a big sook......

your a fraud

Whatever happens with the appeal, the whole charade will do nothing but unite the entire club and make the playing group even more determined than they already are.
]]

Its a real us against them mentality.

Toby had a fair justified case.

The kick in the teeth by the Tribunal is a kick in the teeth to every GWS stakeholder and every player of any other club as well.

I am certain I have seen an incredible transparent abuse of power tonight!!!

Last edited:
Whatever happens with the appeal, the whole charade will do nothing but unite the entire club and make the playing group even more determined than they already are.
The alternative scenario of course is that the club becomes distracted by preparing for the Tribunal and then the appeal. Also Toby will have to miss Thursday's training to fly down to Melbourne for the appeal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair, he spends a bit of time on this board.
I am a Collingwood member and have been for many many years.
Myself and my two daughters are also GWS members since they play in Canberra and because Heater was one of my favorite players.
It's only fair to financially support a team which you hope to play in your local area.
Before that I was a Swans member, as they played in Canberra for some time as well.
Before that I donated money to North when they were on their knees financially.

I support Collingwood as a fan , but also support the AFL as a whole when I can.

I draw the line at Carton though.....

I was wondering how they’d work on how to phuq us. This time it’s just ignore everything and just hang him.
I’ve seen the afl in action like this before folks.
They wanted Toby and they got him. Never mind what’s right.
I think you are being paranoid. There’s one thing the AFL wants and that is for GWS to win a grand final.
But they also want all players to refrain from playing dirty. Toby is obviously thick. I blame his coaches. I heard Campbell pre game on the weekend and it was obvious from what he said and how he said it that the GWS coaches have, in effect, told Toby to keep playing the way he does. They try and camouflage that by saying they want him to “ keep playing on the edge”. Only problem is that it means he is highly likely to offend and get rubbed out.
Pity because he otherwise brings a lot of upside to your team and it’s chances of success.
Who knows you might still win without him. All is not lost.

I am a Collingwood member and have been for many many years.
Myself and my two daughters are also GWS members since they play in Canberra and because Heater was one of my favorite players.
It's only fair to financially support a team which you hope to play in your local area.
Before that I was a Swans member, as they played in Canberra for some time as well.
Before that I donated money to North when they were on their knees financially.

I support Collingwood as a fan , but also support the AFL as a whole when I can.

I draw the line at Carton though.....
Draw the line at Carlton?! I don’t draw the line at Collingwood. I supported them in last year’s GF. You need to expand your football consciousness. Go Blues!!!

With a former Collingwood premiership player in Michael Christian running the table re: match review process re: week before the prelim against his old team.. Toby Greene never stood a chance.. No conflict of interest? you have to be kidding me...

With a former Collingwood premiership player in Michael Christian running the table re: match review process re: week before the prelim against his old team.. Toby Greene never stood a chance.. No conflict of interest? you have to be kidding me...
So when Essendon play West Coast John Worsfold steps aside to avoid the real or perceived conflict of interest (bias)?

Some footage to help in your appeal

Except that Neale said there was no eye contact and there is no eye injury either. So basically we may as well suspend everyone too for anything that looks close on video when in reality it isn't as evidenced by no physical injury to the region in question and backed up by the player on the receiving end. The MRP will be working overtime in that case.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back