Review First Preliminary Final – Pies vs Giants, Saturday 21st September 2019, MCG, 4.35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Do we risk injured players as an all in chips on the table scenario and at the same time risk the wheels potentially falling off or do we go safe option and hope the ins play out their skins??

Thoughts guys? What will/should we do??
Wouldn't play them all, that would be too much risk.
  • Lachie - has been playing until recebtly, so match fit just missing the one week, it's a matter of whether he's fully healed, couldn't do any more damage, can play at 100% for a full game (probable)
  • Cogs - been off for 9 weeks, but back training for 4 weeks; risk is lack of match fitness (think he'd be < 50% chance, but might risk it if Lachie's not OK)
  • Lids - while he's only been out for 2 weeks, his problem is the chronic nature of his injury, and the potential even if declared fit to go down early on in the game leaving us exposed (for example, losing Davis early on AND Lids, shudder) (unlikely IMHO)

This performance shows how underrated Haynes has been and how he should have been in the all Australian team this year and like others have posted if he was playing in Melbourne the media would be talking him up like some of the better defenders

Haynes is an absolute gun.

The TV commentators (aka the Magpies Cheer Squad) were too busy salivating over Moore to notice the brilliance of your boy.

Pathetic.

Haynes is an absolute gun.
When they flashed up his stats after the game my jaw dropped... 30 disposals for someone who really is still a key position back is insane.

Don’t forget it’s GF Parade and public holiday on Friday in Melbourne.
I haven’t been at the parade since Weagles Swans in 2004/5? when I was living in Melbourne.
I’ll get to enjoy that.

Well done Giants on a brilliant win!

Was sitting on the edge of my seat in the final ten minutes or so, so can only imagine the state you would have all been in, especially with that fARCe of a goal review.

Very deserved win ( loved that it was Collingwood) and all the best for the GF.
Enjoy the week and go slay some Tigers!

Belated thoughts on the game.

Through injury and choice the Giants went in with a big slowish brutish lineup.

It suited the conditions perfectly.

Collingwood’s skilful mids like Pendles and Sidebottom were unable to get out in space and use their footskills to put together their clean possession chains.

The Giants were able to make it an arm wrestle, and then had the tools to win the arm wrestle.

Strategic win for GWS and it deserved a more comfortable victory.

I’ll be honest for most of the game I was just waiting for Collingwood to finally click and string a series of goals together.

The only moments I thought we would definitely win were for one minute after JC’s goal at the start of the fourth, and when there was 2 seconds left.

Two heart stopping finals wins in a row. This club.

On players, Zac Williams is a star and if he was played in the midfield full time he might win a Brownlow.

Hopper, Perryman, Taylor outstanding.

As someone who has followed the Crows since 91, the last time I recall seeing a young player elevate their game in finals is 1998. Since then we have routinely underperformed in finals.

Great to see young players improve every year, and elevate their games when it counts. Don’t take it for granted!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back