Football Related Random Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued in Part 2

DataTNG.jpg

Just spent the last 10 minutes trying to find the quote this reminded me of ... thought it might have been in the summing up of 'The Measure of a Man' from Star Trek TNG but no...

Found it! From 'The Bicentennial Man' by Isaac Asimov when debating a similar issue 'The judge and the World Court eventually decided that "there is no right to deny freedom to any object with a mind advanced enough to grasp the concept and desire the state"

Just spent the last 10 minutes trying to find the quote this reminded me of ... thought it might have been in the summing up of 'The Measure of a Man' from Star Trek TNG but no...

Found it! From 'The Bicentennial Man' by Isaac Asimov when debating a similar issue 'The judge and the World Court eventually decided that "there is no right to deny freedom to any object with a mind advanced enough to grasp the concept and desire the state"
It only reminds me of this
tumblr_n91kkbtL4D1trbh6do1_400.gif

That TNG episode was the first thing that came to mind when I read Pulp's post

My son has just started the robot series. Mostly still stands up - has worked through some of the classics - dune, enders game, brave new world and rama. Love a bit of sci fi

Red Dwarf. One of the great TV shows.

I have only seen two or three episodes of Red Dwarf but I can pretty much sing the whole theme song ... AAAARRGGGG it's back in my head again :eek::mad::huh::cool:

Blame it on the Bunton (or whoever wrote that annoyingly catchy theme song! :))

My son has just started the robot series. Mostly still stands up - has worked through some of the classics - dune, enders game, brave new world and rama. Love a bit of sci fi

Loved Dune - hope you son likes Duncan Idaho ... a lot
Enders Game - only ever seen the movie - is the book much different?
Ditto Brave New World.
Don't remember coming across the Rama books (having checked what they were online).

As a kid used to love E E Doc Smiths Lensmen series, the Skylarks and some of his stand alone ones.
Also loved the Dune Trilogy ... plus two ... although the ending of book five was ... interesting...

Loved Dune - hope you son likes Duncan Idaho ... a lot
Enders Game - only ever seen the movie - is the book much different?
Ditto Brave New World.
Don't remember coming across the Rama books (having checked what they were online).

As a kid used to love E E Doc Smiths Lensmen series, the Skylarks and some of his stand alone ones.
Also loved the Dune Trilogy ... plus two ... although the ending of book five was ... interesting...
Seeing as the discussion has moved on to Sci Fi series, has anyone else read the Chung Kuo series by David Wingrove?

That TNG episode was the first thing that came to mind when I read Pulp's post

Joke will be on you when I'm having sex with a robot that is accurately umpiring footballs games and making Aglio e Olio that isn't chewy and overdone.

Do most robots want to talk after sex or is that not a thing?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back