Women's Footy AFLW Fremantle - 2020 #1 Team - Season Cancelled

Remove this Banner Ad

We’ve hit a really exciting part of the season. 4 games to go. 2 at home against GWS and Carlton. Should be favourite in both. If we can jag an away win we might play in a GF.

How far away are Kellie Gibson and Kiara Bowers?

How far away are Kellie Gibson and Kiara Bowers?
I was hoping next week but from Cowan's interview it sounds like they won't be available yet. Bresland and De Melo should be available next weekend though.

What's happened to Houghton? I thought she was great last season (especially for someone with minimal footy experience) but she only had 1 disposal yesterday and haven't really noticed her the past two games. I'm sure she's doing her role defensively but would love more from her.

Melbourne would have looked much better if they had taken their chances in the first quarter. We were lucky not to be as far down as we were in round 1. Hopefully we can start strongly next week.
I do like Webb. For someone who has played a year before joining AFLW, she certainly seems to know how to find the ball.
Yeah and us kicking 6 straight helped. But I also think our defence did well not to give them easy goals in that 1st quarter as well. Obviously we flooded the d50 (like most of the other teams do as well) and that helped keep the pressure on as well. Once we started spreading and using short kicks to exit d50, we managed to get the ball out (and rebounding quickly and intuitively seemed to help also). I imagine they'll be working a fair bit on that this week - as it was the repeat entries that put us under unnecessary pressure in that game, pretty much everything else we were pretty good at (except having a tall marking forward i50 but that's standard for Freo teams).

What's happened to Houghton? I thought she was great last season (especially for someone with minimal footy experience) but she only had 1 disposal yesterday and haven't really noticed her the past two games. I'm sure she's doing her role defensively but would love more from her.

Yeah I didn't even realise Houghton was playing until I saw her after the final siren.

Her and Antonio are my two favs, I'd like to see more of her.

Evie Gooch is a bit of a beast, just quietly. Genuinely fear a little for opponents when she locks onto them. Early days but she looks pretty comfortable down back, has already become a defensive general of sorts.
Evie is one of my crossfit coaches and I've been training alongside her for over a year now. Evie is beast. I believe she has gotten some of the other Freo girls into crossfit too.

I can deadlift and squat more than her but when it comes to Clean and Jerk and Snatch she beats me everytime.

I can't believe the media fapping over Daisy Pearce's performance on the weekend (as if she was BOG). She racked up plenty of disposals but she was pretty ineffective. From memory she had 12 of her 24 disposals in the 2nd quarter but Melbourne didn't even score a point in that quarter and Freo turned things around with 2 goals. Is this because media people rely purely on statistics to assess performances? Or are they just not very bright when watching the game?

I was hoping next week but from Cowan's interview it sounds like they won't be available yet. Bresland and De Melo should be available next weekend though.

She might be the one to miss out next week with Barr to come back. McGuire probably did enough to keep her spot.

I can't believe the media fapping over Daisy Pearce's performance on the weekend (as if she was BOG). She racked up plenty of disposals but she was pretty ineffective. From memory she had 12 of her 24 disposals in the 2nd quarter but Melbourne didn't even score a point in that quarter and Freo turned things around with 2 goals. Is this because media people rely purely on statistics to assess performances? Or are they just not very bright when watching the game?
She is arguably the most known player, easiest one to write about.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big game tomorrow. Win it and we have a really good shot at making the GF. Lose it and it becomes a pretty hard (impossible) task. We could even become 2nd on the ladder come the end of the weekend (we'd probably need multiple 7 goal scorers to become #1 now but it is also possible - most likely we'd move to 3rd with a W assuming Melbourne beat Collingwood).

Back line looks strong. Midfield is underrated and getting the job done. Could be our best forward line so far this season with McGuire, Barr and Lavell supported by Caulfield, Sharp and Atkins.

When you think we might add Bowers, Gibson and perhaps Bresland next week it's looking good if we can pull off a win this week.

Big game tomorrow. Win it and we have a really good shot at making the GF. Lose it and it becomes a pretty hard (impossible) task. We could even become 2nd on the ladder come the end of the weekend (we'd probably need multiple 7 goal scorers to become #1 now but it is also possible - most likely we'd move to 3rd with a W assuming Melbourne beat Collingwood).

Back line looks strong. Midfield is underrated and getting the job done. Could be our best forward line so far this season with McGuire, Barr and Lavell supported by Caulfield, Sharp and Atkins.

When you think we might add Bowers, Gibson and perhaps Bresland next week it's looking good if we can pull off a win this week.

Win one of our two away games and maintain our home record and we could make the GF. Beating Adelaide or Brisbane away. Both tough tasks. But that is the requirement.

The weather has been very wet in Brisbane. The men have canceled their intraclub game. I wonder how that will affect the two teams tomorrow.

Actually if we keep pressuring like this we may be able to defend this 1 point for the rest of the game.

Great contest thus far. Shame not to have converted a goal or two.

Need our in and under crew (Hooker, Filocamo etc.) to have big games.
Already a solid start. Levelling with contested ball and clearances.
Defence should be fresh at this stage.

Up forward need to be smart and plant a big lady up forward and rely on McGuire to win it I would have thought.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back