Rumour Future of the club (Bevo, board, assistant coaches, football department)

Remove this Banner Ad

Really disheartening knowing that this campaigner can just waltz through in the position trying his best, failing and have a job for life because som many people at the club have crawled up his arse.

Might as well rebrand as the LBFC
You have an odd reading of what it means to fail.

One would think that any bulldogs supporter would have a wider perspective and respect for Beveridges time at the club.

That it looks to be turning to curdled custard at the end shouldn't taint what he achieved for our club.

Bevo deserves a good payout, yeah it's been a s**t two years and 17 and 18 were abhorrent but this man won us the flag, has delivered finals in all but two years in charge and almost won us another flag in 21.

Yeah he has probably underperformed but his CV is miles above other coaches at our club due to 2016 and parts of 2021, I ******* love Bev bro like that dude to me in 2015-16 was like Jesus coming in to save the footy club, everything he said was great, he would go in to bat for us as a club and as a supporter base.

Does it suck what happened heck oath, he just seems a shell of the man he used to be, for what reason we don't know. I reckon the 21 GF really hurt him more then he let on, he had the list back in a great shape and we were flying in 21 before we somehow stuffed up top 4. I reckon he thought he was building something like the 3peat hawks and within the space of 45 mins it was snatched away from him. He was a different man after 2017 and 2022 Bevo onwards is just broken.

Love the man I really do and if we have to pay him out his contact to sack him just do it start again and remember the good times thus man gave us because they were really ******* good

We’re all jumping at shadows anyway . Bev himself said at the start of his reign that after a certain time the players stop listening to the coach’s voice , and then it’s time to go.

Maybe I’m naive but I’m pretty sure he’ll hand in his resignation.

Really disheartening knowing that this campaigner can just waltz through in the position trying his best, failing and have a job for life because som many people at the club have crawled up his arse.

Might as well rebrand as the LBFC
That ‘campaigner’ is the most successful coach in our history, coached us to a flag most thought we’d never see and a GF campaign that was fairly exhilarating until it went pear-shaped. Let’s be respectful.

Really sad how it’s all ending. Should be revered but can just imagine him having no contact with the club for decades now

I agree. Although I do think that change is needed, we are talking about club legends in Bevo and Chris Grant. I really hope that nobody burns any bridges. I love these guys for what they have done for the club.

I’m one that doesn’t really like the sound of how this is all going down either, really don’t want it to be messy and needs to be full of respect both ways between the club & Bevo at the end of the day.

Might have lost faith with him leading the club, but doesn’t mean I don’t love him to death for what he brought us all.

Please just don’t tarnish any legacies over this…please.

The guy was our Jesus Christ for those two years. He got the club out of its multi-decade black hole and destroyed the mentality around the club that we could never win one.

I can remember so many wasted prelims, then this guy comes along and gets us through a prelim and a premiership cup within two seasons.

It will be sad to see him go, but changed is needed. I definitely think he is the kind that will walk, his stubbornness and trait to back his players and himself to a fault has led to this middle story of him being some control freak lunatic. If he refuses to walk for no legitimate reason, I will be surprised.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why on Earth did the board give the ******* stupid two year extension. It has just made everything so much more messy than it needed to be.

The signs were obvious from miles out.

I'm glad (so glad) Bevo could be going but the board has been ridiculous in this whole thing.

Bevo deserves to get every cent he can, he gave us 2016. Not his fault the board gave him that stupid extension.

If I had to choose between the band of assistants and admins without Bevo, or Bevo with a fresh new band of assistants and admins I’d choose Bevo.
I thought this until I saw that video, but then I became seriously concerned for his mental health.

If the severance offer is correct, this is about money now.

He will be on the market for any other club to potentially poach. A good offer and the two can part ways without any more grief and a large payout is avoided.

Just need to get it settled. I for one think he would look pretty smart in Blue and Gold.

If the players have told the board bevo has lost them then he will take the severance. I would guess (I have no knowledge of anything internally) that he was stunned and needed time to think and regroup or knew it was coming and decided against taking it holding out for 60%? 70%? Who knows. He negotiated his own contract so would know what to do to negotiate a better outcome financially.

We’re all jumping at shadows anyway . Bev himself said at the start of his reign that after a certain time the players stop listening to the coach’s voice , and then it’s time to go.

Maybe I’m naive but I’m pretty sure he’ll hand in his resignation.
And I think he'd know with today's severance offer that the end is nigh for him.

If the players came out, and said they feel like they need a new coach. Then obviously they will have the backing of most here, and likely the board.

But what IF, the players came out and said they like and support Bevo, and want him to stay on. But want better support structures around him and them?

How would those in the sack Bevo camp feel about it in that situation if the players backed him? Just curious from a hypothetical situation. Would pose an interesting bit of a dilemma. Would see the views of the Sack Bevo camp, at conflict with the views of the players themselves.

Last edited:
If the players came out, and said they feel like they need a new coach. Then obviously they will have the backing of most here, and likely the board.

But what IF, the players came out and said they like and support Bevo, and want him to stay on. But want better support structures around him and them?

How would those in the sack Bevo camp feel about it in that situation if the players backed him? Just curious from a hypothetical situation. Would pose an interesting bit of a dilemma. Would see the views at conflict with the views of the players themselves.
I don't think many will admit it, but I'd say this is actually the most likely situation.

How would those in the sack Bevo camp feel about it in that situation if the players backed him? Just curious from a hypothetical situation. Would pose an interesting bit of a dilemma. Would see the views at conflict with the views of the players themselves.

The problem is that Bevo has his finger prints all over the “support structures”

Several of the assistants are “Bevos guys”. I mean he had a swipe at our list management on Sunday night, meanwhile he has his hands all over list management. More than most coaches.

I love Bev and everything he has done for this club but we just need a fresh start. It’s too far gone.

Having some self respect would mean taking a severance package, which sounds like has already been declined. If he’s lost the players he can’t go on to fulfil his duties to the club, that’s on him.
That too may well be the difference between Bevo being considered a club hero, or club campaigner. Package or wanting the full stash.

He has been shite for 2 years and weird as f**k. I would be sacked for that behaviour.

There should be protections the club gives itself for mitigating factors. If they haven’t, they’ve made a bad deal and deserve the concecquences.

To be fair to them, they re signed a great coach and he coached a good albeit unlucky year. It’s unlikely he’s hated by the playing group, they may think it’s time for a new voice and approach though.

They’re probably wrong. The list is crap and needs a mini rebuild. Of course the players wouldn’t want to believe that

There should be protections the club gives itself for mitigating factors. If they haven’t, they’ve made a bad deal and deserve the concecquences.

To be fair to them, they re signed a great coach and he coached a good albeit unlucky year. It’s unlikely he’s hated by the playing group, they may think it’s time for a new voice and approach though.

They’re probably wrong. The list is crap and needs a mini rebuild. Of course the players wouldn’t want to believe that
"he coached a good albeit unlucky year" . You had me listening until you said that part.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back