Rumour Future of the club (Bevo, board, assistant coaches, football department)

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone know when pre-season officialy kicks off for the 1-4 year players?
Hopefully quite a lot of the older guys start training early. Bont said the hard work starts now at the B&F, it will be interesting how many of the older guys start cracking in early to try and make amends for this seasons dismal effort.
Dont the junior players start training after Melbourne cup wekend

On CPH2305 using BigFooty.com mobile app

So 1 more development and a goal kicking coach to come. Has the club replaced Innes already? or are have they promoted someone within the club??

So 1 more development and a goal kicking coach to come. Has the club replaced Innes already? or are have they promoted someone within the club??
“Separately, the Club will in coming weeks also finalise the appointment of two other senior roles critical in supporting our players and program, namely a new Head of Physical Performance and a new Chief Medical Officer, following the respective departures of the long-serving and well-respected Matthew Inness and Dr Greg Clugston.”

So Geary is probably starting as a development coach and being Edge's second in command on VFL game day?
I assume he is essentially replacing Stef,

Most development coaches are more involved in he 2's obviously as that's where the majority of the young guys start their careers.

Whenever Baz speaks, it's mostly a cringe fest, buddled with a litany of cliches. I don't think he even believes half of the sh*t he says. He says it because that is what he believes others want him to say.

Not sure this is fair. Baz hung out with us and a couple of other supporters at training recently and he was very generous with his time and very genuine and down to earth. Some bogan kids were even giving him a hard time and he took it all in his stride and joked back with them and it ended up as a really nice interaction with them. Detected zero dickhead vibes. Quite the opposite.

Side note but JOD was the other one that stood out as a really nice and genuine dude.

Not sure this is fair. Baz hung out with us and a couple of other supporters at training recently and he was very generous with his time and very genuine and down to earth. Some bogan kids were even giving him a hard time and he took it all in his stride and joked back with them and it ended up as a really nice interaction with them. Detected zero dickhead vibes. Quite the opposite.

Side note but JOD was the other one that stood out as a really nice and genuine dude.
He cops so much s**t on here, mainly about his social media presence. It's pretty pathetic tbh. He trains hard and seems like a good friendly guy who speaks openly about his mental health, and as soon as he posts a shot of his rig the boomers get all in a tizzy.

He cops so much s**t on here, mainly about his social media presence. It's pretty pathetic tbh. He trains hard and seems like a good friendly guy who speaks openly about his mental health, and as soon as he posts a shot of his rig the boomers get all in a tizzy.
Good looking young dude with a big social media presence, no surprise the *******s can’t stand him.

He’s literally never said anything but complete praise for how much he loves his teammates & the club, never said anything but how he’s happy here. Seems like a really good dude, yeah the social media side of things is not my cup of tea but if I was pulling bank from it I’d do the same s**t haha. Super hard worker, great teammate who actually flys the flag. Honest & down to earth in every interview he’s ever had

I really don’t get the hate, we should be stoked to have a guy like this at our club, but anyway

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's good to hear that. The one open training I've had the chance to go to, Baz was the first back to the rooms (within a couple of minutes) which was pretty disappointing, whereas it was actually Keath who impressed me more than anyone in terms of his interactions with the nuffies and the time he dedicated to everyone. Richards probably the next best

Can you guys piss off with the boomer references, you are putting down a whole generation

Good looking young dude with a big social media presence, no surprise the *******s can’t stand him.

He’s literally never said anything but complete praise for how much he loves his teammates & the club, never said anything but how he’s happy here. Seems like a really good dude, yeah the social media side of things is not my cup of tea but if I was pulling bank from it I’d do the same s**t haha. Super hard worker, great teammate who actually flys the flag. Honest & down to earth in every interview he’s ever had

I really don’t get the hate, we should be stoked to have a guy like this at our club, but anyway

Can you guys piss off with the boomer references, you are putting down a whole generation
Sorry Foss you’re a good one, gotta admit though putting down a whole generation is what boomers do best 😂

PS. I never mentioned Boomers, I said ‘fcukwits’ in which there’s plenty in all genrerations 😊

Any criticism of Baz is reduced to "you hate him because he flaunts his six-pack on social media, stupid boomer"

It's actually quite embarrassing.
I mean, there has been robust discussion and criticism of Baz on here for years.

I mean, there has been robust discussion and criticism of Baz on here for years.
Critisims of his disposal or performance is fair game, it is a football forum after all.

The personal insinuations and personal attacks on his social media presence is really quite pathetic at any level but moreso for a person who trains and works as hard as anything and always speaks positively about the club.

Unfortunately there are some who are perpetually outraged

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

A friend of mine does a lot of bulldogs school stuff in Ballarat, organising the players etc. He’s told me Bailey is one of the only blokes who is good with that kind of stuff. Him and Treloar. Said the rest of the players didn’t want a bar of it at all and were just there cos they had to be.

Just entered the Bailey Smith signed football competition. I hope this boomer is lucky enough to win it.

i couldn't care what he does on social media or out in public. Just want the bloke to deliver on the football field like any other player and reach his potential. As a paying member, that all I want and expect. He was very disappointing this year and to be honest very lucky to get games over some other players performing in the VFL.

I'm hearing Ben Dixon will be joining as goal kicking coach

...as soon as he posts a shot of his rig the boomers get all in a tizzy.
Not this boomer.

I was standing in the queue at Barkers Cafe with Bailey a couple of weeks before the first NAB Cup game of 2019 (no Jonno Patton anywhere in sight ;)).

Asked him how he was settling in.

He spent the next 10 minutes telling me how excited he was to be picked to play, how much he loved being at the club and how he couldn't wait for the season proper. Could barely contain his enthusiasm.

The media hype that has followed him since then is just that - hype.
He's a terrific kid with a great attitude. Can't speak highly enough of him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back