List Mgmt. Future Trade Targets - finding our next Yeo.

Remove this Banner Ad

It wasn't Yeo, and he didn't piss in it, but to my understanding he did piss on cans that some youngsters were about to drink.

"Marking his territory" - some people are just tosspots and you can't do much about it.

Meanwhile the coach was sacked, the board went to war with itself and Rockliff was never brought into line.

The generation of lost talent trading out from the Lions is what followed.
So what we need to do is have a sniff around for rumours of senior players who are pissing on the beers of their talented youngsters...

How many of Melbourne's flag team were from other clubs?

Langdon
Ben Brown
may
lever

prob more than us in 18'

The thing with trading is to work out just before your window opens.

Otherwise its like us in 00,01 getting collica, prior, sierakowski etc

Nope, we had 6 (Vardy, Jetta, Cripps, Redden, Yeo, JK).
Good mix of young WA players who wanted to come home and going after guys for needs.

Besides everywhere being deficient our biggest issues are (in say 3 years):
A true no.1 Ruck
Key Fwd
Inside midfield

Since there are no worthwhile FA this year I'd target players yet to break out. It's probably harder to lure non WA players but we should cast a wide net.
PositionClubNameOOC
RuckEssendonNick Bryan2023
RuckGWSKieren Briggs2022
KPPSydneyLogan McDonald2024
Inside midBrisbaneDeven Robertson2022
Mid/DefBrisbaneJaxon Prior2022

Bryan i'm super high on, won the Dons reserve B&F last year and has terrific skills for a big guy. Is still probably 2 years away from being physically ready.
Briggs we wanted ahead of B. Williams and is behind Preuss & Flynn at GWS. GWS seem intent on developing him as a fwd (lol) but we could offer him the no.1 mantle.
McDonald would be expensive and seems settled in Sydney but is too good to not chase for the right price.
Robertson is a gun clearance player and would bring our outside mids into the game. Is out of favour to start 2022 so we could get in his ear.
Prior could go either way but could be had cheap play a couple of different areas and is OOC at the end of the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sydney Stack playing Magoo's.

Worth a shot?
Probably get him for nothing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back