Review GBU vs collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Nicks shouldn't consider himself unlucky

There is a clear trend in our performances in close matches
Needed Sam Berry: The close game, clutch goal kicker

I must be the only one who thinks Jones was not better last year.
Am I misremembering that people were enamored with how he was starting to kamikaze into contents to win the ball, which people felt at least you couldn't fault his courage? Problem being that the rest of the game remained missing from his repertoire.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jones is pure garbage though so it's an easy swap.
Jones is an absolute disappointment but the coach persists with the same guys that disappoint every week. Nicks has to be held accountable by someone. No selection integrity. There no pressure on the positions of seniors which is dangerous. This is the result.

Good: Rankine, Crouch, Dawson, Michalanney

Pretty Good: Cook, Murphy, Keane

Bad: Hinge, McHenry, Laird's ball use

Awful: ROB,

Ugly: ROB's kicking

Diabolical: ROB'S ruckwork.

Shameful: Nicks for sticking with ROB for so long.

Dawson, among our three best captains. Roo, Tex and then Dawson. Stood up when it mattered.

Rankine. Now an elite mid.

Our backline. Missing Worrell, still rock solid and dependable. This is vital for our next Premiership push and tracking nicely.

Hamill on Bobby Hill. Hill us one of the best small forwards in the league. Not just in kicking goals but his creativity. Hamill blanketed him. A genuine small defender?

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I called into 5aa few weeks back and called some of our players selfish, I tried again today and couldn’t get through :(. The players I was talking about were smith and laird, there has been nothing to prove me wrong since.

Today’s call would have been different but as a club we need to have these discussions. Like many games under nicks we lost this at selection, there was a desire to play Murphy for weeks even though his form didn’t warrant it. Someone tell me, even if we were playing shoenberg, Taylor, Dowling forward or out of position, how as midfielders would they bring less pressure then the Murphy, McHenry, scholl group??

As a club we need to be dragged kicking and screaming into change which is pathetic.. Dawson, moved himself on ball last year, soligo if club had there way would be playing wing but he forced his way in.. we would rather play experience in poor form then a kid who has more talent and want to take the game on. Ryan for smith??? Cmon I can’t be the only one who would rather see us go backwards but develop then play this crap.

I messaged the footy group at 3rd quarter saying watch us play the footy our young group want to play in last quarter and loose by 3 points, I was just off… but for the first 3 quarters we are drilling for this team to put handbrake on.

There was a number of other things I would have raised if I got through and I probably should here, it just frustrates me as a supporter to have a club with a self imposed ceiling placed on it by leadership.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back