Review GBU vs collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Bad: Sub move. Nicks has a predetermined sub, sticks with it without any feel for the game.

Sholl was far from our worst player and provides run, you don’t ******* sub a running player.

Then to see McHenry spud it up with an impactful 5 touches.

WaynesWorld19 surely not even you can defend this decision.

Nicks is a ******* moron
go away.gif

George, man you can go on about the most infinitesimal things ....which had no bearing on the game outcome

Widen your perspective to more important matters .....maybe try watching a game sober

It was a terrible coaching effort by Nicks ......and coming home strong & from behind, is more about the character of this group .....AND the influence of Dawson, who Nicks tried to hide up fwd ......FFS why ???

Dawson is our best mid, along with Soligo and Rankine ......IMO, it's taken way too long for the coaching group to accept Rankine is an elite MID .....which, frankly was identified in his U18 year

Our major issue AGAIN was the use of Laird and Crouch .....terrible stat, 66 handballs in the first half for negligible gaining of mtrs .....meanwhile, Naicos, Pendlebury, and De Goey are using their legs, forward all the time ....putting pressure on our DEF

Laird & Crouch DO NOT put oppo defenders under pressure ....they help oppo defenders by their slow movement
This is still true:
1716018573681.png

Rachelle, not showing anything near the expectations of his early Draft Pick

We will see if results like this build character. We will ALWAYS have to beat the team +umpired at any game at the MCG. With a little class under pressure, we can. We are not miles off. But we will need to not let teams get a jump on us.

Starting Crouch on the field and exploring other ruck options are a fantastic start.
Did Crouch definitely start on field? I saw him come on in the first 7-8 minutes. Looked like the first rotation. I haven't seen the TV yet so you might be right though.

Carrying players every week in Smith, Laird, RoB, McHenry, Murphy (although showed he was AFL standard today) and Jones and Keays are re-entering that conversation after being excellent last year.
First 4 should be easy drops this week.

In: Schoenberg, Dowling, Strachan, Curtin. Change of sub.

View attachment 1992590

George, man you can go on about the most infinitesimal things ....which had no bearing on the game outcome

Widen your perspective to more important matters .....maybe try watching a game sober

It was a terrible coaching effort by Nicks ......and coming home strong & from behind, is more about the character of this group .....AND the influence of Dawson, who Nicks tried to hide up fwd ......FFS why ???

Dawson is our best mid, along with Soligo and Rankine ......IMO, it's taken way too long for the coaching group to accept Rankine is an elite MID .....which, frankly was identified in his U18 year

Our major issue AGAIN was the use of Laird and Crouch .....terrible stat, 66 handballs in the first half for negligible gaining of mtrs .....meanwhile, Naicos, Pendlebury, and De Goey are using their legs, forward all the time ....putting pressure on our DEF

Laird & Crouch DO NOT put oppo defenders under pressure ....they help oppo defenders by their slow movement
This is still true:
View attachment 1992595

Rachelle, not showing anything near the expectations of his early Draft Pick
Because the use of our sub is a fundamental thing Nicks should be able to get right, his misuse highlights what an idiot he is.

Oh I was sober, not busily checking my fantasy team.

So another terrible coaching performance by Nicks, so you going to finally admit you’ve been wrong?

Bad: Sub move. Nicks has a predetermined sub, sticks with it without any feel for the game.

Sholl was far from our worst player and provides run, you don’t ******* sub a running player.

Then to see McHenry spud it up with an impactful 5 touches.

WaynesWorld19 surely not even you can defend this decision.

Nicks is a ******* moron
I help coach an u/7s team and we have a roster for interchange between bench and the three zones.

There is more tactical nous in how we worked out our rotations, than Nicks use of the Sub.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Incredible; Rankine, Dawson

Amazing; that we have probably 10 or so very very good players who can get us within a goal of the last two grand finalists whilst carrying; McHenry, Murphy, Jones, Smith, O-brain

then also having Laird stink it up Crouch revert to his old crabbing ways

Ugly : Selection honestly why continually pick McFlurry, Murphy [although he wasn''t our worse] Scholl Jones surely Scheonberg, Dowling, Taylor, Curtin, Edwards could have a crack.

Was the Schultz goal actually a goal? At the ground they just showed a still picture of it touched over the line. I'd like to have seen the frame prior to the one they showed.

The Brilliant
Rankine

The Good
We are good enough but we keep hurting ourselves with fumbles and spills

The Bad
We keep selecting players who fumble and spill

The Ugly
We lost
We lost to a team with a rotation down and playing chip chip.
No leadership in those final moments. We needed to slow the game down and play sideways in the last 2 minutes

I thought overall we were good but as noted we continue to make bad choices on and off the field

We need to move on Laird , it won’t happen but we need too. He’s killing our momentum all the time and doesn’t do any damage with the ball.
His kicking has gone to shit this season, at least when he was doing his moon kicks they were going to 50/50. Now they are direct turnover mark to a free opposition and then they immediately launch a counter attack.

The disrespect for our dual premiership captain
I don't dislike Bickley.

But reckon even he woukd have Roo and Tex ahead of himself.

Dawson and him on par, with McDermott.

Bottom tier Sloane and Goodwin.

Honestly, all good choices as skipper. No duds there.

McGuinness the one dud, I guess?

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back