VFL Geelong VFL 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For what reason?? Why wouldnt you rather play someone who is staying and equally if nor more talented like dempsey or stevens. Have no interest in developing WCE’s future spine.

What is going on with his contract btw?? No mention at all
Definitely leaving yeah sure, but I don't think that's where we're at currently. If there's grey area you play him

For what reason?? Why wouldnt you rather play someone who is staying and equally if nor more talented like dempsey or stevens. Have no interest in developing WCE’s future spine.

What is going on with his contract btw?? No mention at all

Maybe because the clubs & players are bigger than that and hopefully have the maturity to accept that something which may happen in the future shouldn't impact the best option for now - no one benefits when either/both parties act in a negative manner should it be known a player wants out

Thankfully clubs don't go with the mindset of, "Player X has advised that they want out, so now we're not going to play them or assist in their development" - if they did, then surely Geelong wouldn't have bothered playing Tim Kelly during the second year of his contract, instead we would have sat him on the sidelines for 12 months wasting everyone's time

And if clubs start approaching things with that mindset, it wouldn't be long for it to be known and rather than players being open to a move to said club or current players re-signing, you end up with players asking why would they consider playing for a club with such mindset

Far too soon to be saying who's he better prospect . Conway or Neale - as they're both essential for our future. Neale should get a game now. Certainly they should be working on his contract, specially given that Hawkins is 34.

Dempsey deserves another game when circumstances permit - he is a rare talent.
I doubt very much that Neale's game translates into the AFL. Will be interested to see how MC assess it.

After watching the replay i would actually love to see Neale this week even if we don't rest Hawkins or Cameron.

Play all 3 if needed and Neale can give Blics/Stanley a 5 min chop out in the ruck if needed for extra flexibility.

I love the idea of all 3 but could this be a case like Stephens spot being held back by Selwood with Neales spot being held back by Hawk or Jez?

It would be annoying if Neale had to wait for one of Hawk or Jez to be rested for him to finally make the breakthrough.

I love the idea of all 3 but could this be a case like Stephens spot being held back by Selwood with Neales spot being held back by Hawk or Jez?

It would be annoying if Neale had to wait for one of Hawk or Jez to be rested for him to finally make the breakthrough.
If Neale has to wait till they are rested.
Do it like this Hawk rested Neale in, the very next week Cameron Rested Hawk in so Neale gets 2 in a row and if he shows enough to stay in then make changes to allow all 3 to play.
I mean if Sav can play with both Neale can easily as well.

If Neale has to wait till they are rested.
Do it like this Hawk rested Neale in, the very next week Cameron Rested Hawk in so Neale gets 2 in a row and if he shows enough to stay in then make changes to allow all 3 to play.
I mean if Sav can play with both Neale can easily as well.

It’s not the worst idea to rest Hawk one week then Jez the next. Gets them 100% for the second half of the season

It’s not the worst idea to rest Hawk one week then Jez the next. Gets them 100% for the second half of the season
Either side of the bye, we play Bulldogs at Marvel & WCE at Optus

If you rested one before the bye & the other after the bye, it would give them each an additional week off between matches

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just re-watched the first half looking for Kroegers injury and best I can see is he likely did it when he smashed into the goal post. He walked away opening and clenching his left over and over again with the occasional shake.

Thinking it is probably pretty precautionary given he played out the quarter and got involved in applying pressure on the ball carrier a bit.

Also, the guy seems to have a bit of size. For a split second I thought that goal post was coming to ground he hit it so hard

I just re-watched the first half looking for Kroegers injury and best I can see is he likely did it when he smashed into the goal post. He walked away opening and clenching his left over and over again with the occasional shake.

Thinking it is probably pretty precautionary given he played out the quarter and got involved in applying pressure on the ball carrier a bit.

Also, the guy seems to have a bit of size. For a split second I thought that goal post was coming to ground he hit it so hard
Yes, Kroeger fractured his wrist when he ran into a goal post.

Fractured wrist for Kroeger - he's out of action for little while

He played on for what seems like a long time after that. Laid a tackle and didn't seem too impeded. Has he just got a solid tolerance for pain?

There's not necessarily pain with a broken bone though

I broke my wrist playing football during sports class in year 12
  • I went to handball, where I had my right hand in a fist and I was tackled/pushed
  • I landed fist first with my body rolling over the top of my fist
  • When i got up, I looked at my wrist but all seemed good and I got straight back into the game as there was no pain or obvious issue
  • It was a few minutes later when we stopped the game that I took another look at my wrist, noticed a small lump forming and thought that maybe I should put some ice in it, though there was still no pain

After x-rays I found out I broke bones either side of my wrist, including the base of my thumb. Without that lump forming, I'm not sure if I would have gone to the doctors that day unless I had done something else to aggravate it - I wasn't in pain & had full use of my fingers & thumb until the cast went on and my hand was immobilised

So it may not be pain tolerance for Kroeger in this situation, rather a case that the fracture hasn't caused any displacement or obvious initial issues, thus he kept playing until something didn't feel right

Maybe because the clubs & players are bigger than that and hopefully have the maturity to accept that something which may happen in the future shouldn't impact the best option for now - no one benefits when either/both parties act in a negative manner should it be known a player wants out

Thankfully clubs don't go with the mindset of, "Player X has advised that they want out, so now we're not going to play them or assist in their development" - if they did, then surely Geelong wouldn't have bothered playing Tim Kelly during the second year of his contract, instead we would have sat him on the sidelines for 12 months wasting everyone's time

And if clubs start approaching things with that mindset, it wouldn't be long for it to be known and rather than players being open to a move to said club or current players re-signing, you end up with players asking why would they consider playing for a club with such mindset
Fair enough. Figured maybe the discussion is differeny for a borderline best 22 when deciding between player x or y when one is known to want to leave and the other is staying.

I doubt very much that Neale's game translates into the AFL. Will be interested to see how MC assess it.

Well, he looks darn well impressive to me, the little I've seen I must admit, but,...why the heck not?...one way to stop ummin and arrrin is just play the kid,........ so far the young crop's been looking pretty damn good this year!

Well, he looks darn well impressive to me, the little I've seen I must admit, but,...why the heck not?...one way to stop ummin and arrrin is just play the kid,........ so far the young crop's been looking pretty damn good this year!
Play him in the Sav role - 3rd tall forward and relief ruck.
We have Rohan and Close for pressure and Stengle as the opportunist.
Would like to see that before September so we can evaluate that structure.

I think we should just play Dempsey at AFL level despite him not being physically ready.

I remember near the end of his career Bartel played a vfl match coming back from injury and it was just so obvious how much quicker he saw the game unfold then everyone else at that level. I felt the same yesterday watching Dempsey. Just everything he does is dripping in class. It's disgusting how talented he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back