No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the first time I've felt really disappointed about losing last week. The competition is so even. With a touch of luck, we could have been in a GF.
People had a bit of a go at me which is fair enough from their POV but I still think we wasted all the good work come finals.

People had a bit of a go at me which is fair enough from their POV but I still think we wasted all the good work come finals.
I loved our selections/line-up for the first final.

Living in Perth, it wasn't until I switched on the game that I realised we'd fu**ed that right up. Then, in the face of adversity, our big bodies played like waifs.

Oh well... We'll learn from it, right? Nope... Dumb again, but different dumb...

I'm the end, we broke down. The season was 3x games too long & we were 4x players to few.

I'm all this, I've every confidence we'll be better for it in 2019.

Always thought Tigers were pretty average for a "Top Team"

A few stars and a good gameplan with a lot of plodders

Never dug themselves out of a hole all year

Expected it'd just happen, no plan B

Not a good idea to get spanked in the middle if you have no talls around the ground

It was placed upon us, tbh.

No Strats or JOM, then Burger and Mitchell playing broken. Strong whispers about others also playing hurt. No Cyril.

Look how one injury to Dusty hurt the Tiges tonight...

No Cyril, plus the above injuries. I think we were up against it. Probably smashed next week if we had got up against the Dees.

Always thought Tigers were pretty average for a "Top Team"

A few stars and a good gameplan with a lot of plodders

Never dug themselves out of a hole all year

Expected it'd just happen, no plan B

Not a good idea to get spanked in the middle if you have no talls around the ground
This 9'ers team, in 2012-2015, finishes behind HFC, Freo, Geelong, Sydney, Port & maybe Adelaide & maybe even Weegirls.

They capitlised on circumstance & did so through hard work, hard running & giving 100% at every contest. Gotta respect that, but they're not a great team. They're port of 2003-2004.

It was placed upon us, tbh.

No Strats or JOM, then Burger and Mitchell playing broken. Strong whispers about others also playing hurt. No Cyril.

Look how one injury to Dusty hurt the Tiges tonight...

No Cyril, plus the above injuries. I think we were up against it. Probably smashed next week if we had got up against the Dees.

All true , plus Collingwood actually kicked straight forward goals when they had the run of play in the first half which alas we failed to do in both finals.

Pump the breaks, still a good team

Just utterly out-coached, having Mason Cox play the game of his life, De Goey too nimble for Rance, Midfield battle won. Absolutely cut off anything at the 45 degree angle with richmond going forward killed them. Richmond looked dangerous going "* it" and going right into the guts. on 9 out of 10 nights they have Cotchin/Martin able to win 1v1's and push through those bail out parts

Martin was cooked, Houli/Cotchin worked into it, But wasn't enough, Riewoldt gets some big praise since he has spent all this year getting blokes into the game and he stood up big time tonight to help the Tigers.

Just that Bucks didn't blow his load early for a simple H/A win, they had the plan to beat the tigers for weeks and held on to it for a while. Tigers couldnt execute gameplan 2 or have pure talent carry them

I will argue that they are still a fantastic team

I will say this...

I'm the furthest thing from a fan of Chris Scott, but credit where credit is due - he copped a lot of flak for saying Richmond were not unbeatable and every thing would have to go right for them to win the flag. Well, looks like he had the last laugh.
If you think that was anything more than posturing you're deluded. Sure, he turned out to be right
Can u imagine the floggery and the flappery if either of pies or dees won??
Unpalatable.
My ideal was what happened and then WC smashing em, but I've softened a bit after tonight. Collingwood did us all a favour. Might be nice to see them rewarded.

Collingwood were superb in that first half, they were great across the park and a lot of credit should go to their unheralded defense. Smashed them in the midfield, stuck their tackles, were taking contested marks and cashed in on their opportunities.

At the other end they absorbed Richmond’s pressure (think it was 17-3 i50 tackles at one stage), controlled the drop of the ball and did not allow Richmond repeat entries. It was Reiwodt or bust for the whole game up forward for Richmond. It was a fantastically coached and executed game and Richmond didn’t have any answers.

Grundy, Sidebottom and Adams were immense, and none of them were probably BOG with Cox playing the game of his life.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As wifey said after the tigs failure, "Geez the Hawks are good".

To think that after b2b2b we're so close to challenging again is an enormous achievement. What a marvellous club we are privileged to be part of.
It's amazing how everyone considered Richmond unbeatable at the G. Tonight showed just how rare it is to go back to back no matter how unbeatable you seem. To go back to back twice in a row in an 18 team competition is nothing short of legendary. So proud of the team and what they've achieved this decade.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Can u imagine the floggery and the flappery if either of pies or dees won??
Unpalatable.

That will have nothing on what will happen in this state should the eagles win another premiership - IT CANNOT HAPPEN.

Just turning up to work will be my worst nightmare

That will have nothing on what will happen in this state should the eagles win another premiership - IT CANNOT HAPPEN.

Just turning up to work will be my worst nightmare
Another?? Those flogs haven’t won a thing for 12 years!!!! And thrrres always 2015 !! Every time my cousin ( WCE member) gets ahead of himself I just quip Hodge and Cyril and he shuts the * up!

Happy they lost but the week break before the finals means winning a quarter final is clearly very disadvantageous unless your team has a lot of injuries, the current finals system seems absurd. Would've been well placed to do some damage after our loss to Richmond if we weren't carrying some nasty injuries to key players like Stratts, Birch, Jaeger, Mitchell and Burgoyne, not that it matters now.

But were cooked. Hodgey and Franklin weren’t fit and with Murphy, Young and Schoenmakers in your side, you’ll never win a GF - particularly against an AFL-sponsored side such as the $wines
We lost by 10 points, Mitchell was meh, Hodge clearly shouldn't have played, Ellis and Young were passengers for years and we didn't make the call in time, Murphy (did he play? don't think so)and Schoe I was at the game and had no problem with though I remember some people online flipped it at like one Schoey mistake because the level of scapegoat was at an all time high for those two back then, I've never seen two guys cop so much s**t despite Ellis, Young and Savage playing the whole season and doing nothing (Savage wouldn't have a career if not for the sub rule, he is highly meh). All because Murphy played as a key

Roughead, Gunston and Young all missed a lot of gettable goals, we clearly should have won that game even though some midfielders weren't up to it on the day and Sydney kicked some arsey goals. When Sewell outplays Mitchell, Hodge and Lewis we are ****ed.

Fast run out of soldiers Rioli, Birch, Stratts, Jaeger, Silk and Titch! West Coast probably would have flogged us tomorrow night but agree had we got everyone fit come finals time including Birch this flag was anyone’s for the taking.
Huh?

We ain’t the only team to win 3 in a row

We don’t stand alone at all
Previous team was Brisbane, and as much as I enjoyed their reign (due to the fact that Hawthorn was a basket case and was no competition at all and it was mostly Collingwood on the losing end) the Lions were heavily assisted with an elevated salary cap. And the others were pre-TV days. Also we won them in a manufactured competition to disallow such dominance. So in a sense it is a stand alone effort.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back