No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Richmond have had zero injury concerns to major stars for three seasons. This was inevitable and will be a massive test for them now.

They didn’t seem as damaging tonight. Teams will figure them out.

KOLOKOTRONIS

Spectemur Agendo

This game plan seems to include looking beatable for 2 quarters

Very disappointing for rance. Hate seeing players get injured. Was a nothing moment too. Be interesting to see how Richmond respond. They weren’t convincing last night but their opposition don’t ask any questions of them so I’m not going to read anything into that performance.

Very disappointing for rance. Hate seeing players get injured. Was a nothing moment too. Be interesting to see how Richmond respond. They weren’t convincing last night but their opposition don’t ask any questions of them so I’m not going to read anything into that performance.

I know we all love to knock Carlton and how shite they are but the injury occurred after that period of them holding their own and winning the 2nd and 3rd quarters. I suppose if you isolate that one play it might've been a nothing moment but the Richmond were under the pump which you'd think contributed to a fair bit to the injury occurring. Now having said that I do remember reading an article a while back that said that studies reveal that ACL injuries are most likely to occur during the first 6 weeks of a season. This was due to plays building the load management into their bodies from the preseason onwards. It's a big blow for them if it is an ACL and we'll see how they go for depth and if Hardwick can swing the magnets.

The original comments mate. You clearly don’t like Dusty which is your call, to deny he had an aura about him 2 seasons back is just rubbish. You don’t like him, cool. Have a nice day

Losing Rance IMO compares to us losing Birchall. And we still haven’t really been able to close that gap and it’s been 2 years. Will certainly be interesting to see how Richmond respond.

Although there is Sicily but that is more out of necessity whereas I believe he was earmarked to be a forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What I couldn’t stand about Richmond people at the end of 2017 was how certain they were that they would match our dominance in record speed. So foolish.

All it took was one team to click on prelim final night and they crumbled.

Fast forward to round 1 and their best player is gone for at least a year. ACLs take longer for the player to be damaging again.

It is not easy to win premierships. I’m not saying Richmond is finished without rance. They have to make top four. However, I feel he is as important as Martin.

KOLOKOTRONIS

Rance going down is like Hodgey going down in defence. He is very important to them down back. Concern now is Richmond lift and play to their full potential instead of being arrogant..

The original comments mate. You clearly don’t like Dusty which is your call, to deny he had an aura about him 2 seasons back is just rubbish. You don’t like him, cool. Have a nice day
If you keep going at him, you could make it on to his not to exclusive blocked list.
Don't feel bad about it, some think it's pretty cool to do so.:thumbsu:

Bad luck for Rance and Tigers. You don't wish ruptured ACLs on anyone. Hope he recovers well and without complication.

McIntosh a little underrated I reckon. We'll find out now anyway.

Real test of Dimma's coaching. I think Astbury/Grimes do a lot of the actually defending of the opposition forwards and Rance gets off the chain to intercept. I'd guess Vlaustin will go back there more to help out. I still think they will be right up there.

What I couldn’t stand about Richmond people at the end of 2017 was how certain they were that they would match our dominance in record speed. So foolish.

All it took was one team to click on prelim final night and they crumbled.

Fast forward to round 1 and their best player is gone for at least a year. ACLs take longer for the player to be damaging again.

It is not easy to win premierships. I’m not saying Richmond is finished without rance. They have to make top four. However, I feel he is as important as Martin.

KOLOKOTRONIS
Richmond supporters are insufferable. All summer I have had a couple tiger mates go on about how this year is redemption and how confident they are it will just happen. I would love nothing else then seeing them miss the GF again.

As for Rance. Quality person. The way he has taken this in his stride and putting the team first in all his comments since. Hats off to him. Has a tremendous mindset.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Richmond supporters are insufferable. All summer I have had a couple tiger mates go on about how this year is redemption and how confident they are it will just happen. I would love nothing else then seeing them miss the GF again.

As for Rance. Quality person. The way he has taken this in his stride and putting the team first in all his comments since. Hats off to him. Has a tremendous mindset.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

You're not going to believe this Hawkas, but a few years ago people thought we were insufferable !!
In fact some people still do.

I know we all love to knock Carlton and how shite they are but the injury occurred after that period of them holding their own and winning the 2nd and 3rd quarters. I suppose if you isolate that one play it might've been a nothing moment but the Richmond were under the pump which you'd think contributed to a fair bit to the injury occurring. Now having said that I do remember reading an article a while back that said that studies reveal that ACL injuries are most likely to occur during the first 6 weeks of a season. This was due to plays building the load management into their bodies from the preseason onwards. It's a big blow for them if it is an ACL and we'll see how they go for depth and if Hardwick can swing the magnets.
I meant nothing moment in regards to it was a stock standard spoil. No real fierceness in the contest etc.

We have had our share of injuries, so I don’t care if other teams get serious injuries.
Not a fan of Rance - actually glad Tiggers can’t win the flag now (don’t care how you sugar coat it, they have buck all chance)
Would prefer certain Cats to do the same injury , if I’m honest ! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back